Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leading A Herd Of Cats to Food & Beer

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,935 Likes on 5,285 Posts
Default Leading A Herd Of Cats to Food & Beer

Today was the Jaguar Club's monthly drive activity, a road trip to lunch and a tour of the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in Chico, California. I think I mentioned earlier that it was my turn to lead the drive and that was the destination I chose.

Home | www.sierranevada.com
Brewery Tour | www.sierranevada.com

This morning we left the house early because I had to have gas. Husband volunteered to save tables at the restaurant and drink beer while I gathered up the cats. What a nice guy to make such a sacrifice for the club!

I had arranged for members to meet at an easy to find parking lot and I led them to the promised food and beer.

There were 5 cars from the Sacramento area, but one of them, a Jade XJ-S didn't get into the photo line-up as he was a bit late, and one of the other members, whom I thought should know, said he was meeting us at the brewery so we left. 5 miles down the road he called my cell to ask where I was. No harm done, he caught up with us just fine. Cat's don't wait when there's food at the end of the line.

The parking area at this brewery is quite roomy, little danger of door dings if people pay the slightest attention, and is covered with sun-tracking solar cells; not like a solid roof, but Plenty of shade to protect customers' cars from the Hottest days the Central Valley can offer. A photo is posted on the brewery's tour page. It's quite impressive. In fact, every possible square inch of the roof (a substantial area) is covered with solar panels.

When we arrived at the brewery we were met by members from Redding who came in their Toyota, but at least it wasn't a Prius. Husband had done an Excellent job saving tables for the 12 of us, by a window looking out onto a patio covered with Wisteria and grape arbors.

Lunch was great and the place was doing a land office business. (Where does that term come from anyway?)

Anyway, a Grand time was had by all. Nix didn't miss a beat, the new tires seem to go round and round like they should. She sits a little higher than before, which will take some getting used to, but that's probably the stiffer side walls. They probably won't shred on me any time soon either.
(';')

Attached Thumbnails Leading A Herd Of Cats to Food & Beer-herd-ofcats.jpg   Leading A Herd Of Cats to Food & Beer-s.n-neon.jpg  
The following 5 users liked this post by LnrB:
Grant Francis (09-21-2014), Jag7651 (09-21-2014), JimC64 (09-21-2014), Norri (09-21-2014), o1xjr (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Received 10,299 Likes on 6,815 Posts

Good to read that "hubby" knew exactly what to do, and when, and did keep his fluids up.

Nice layout you chose.

The following users liked this post:
LnrB (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Thread title conjures good memories

When I read the thread title, I immediately remembered an old commercial that I hadn't seen in years...

Check it out. (it's cat related)

The following 2 users liked this post by AristoCat:
Doug (09-21-2014), LnrB (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

SLICK!!!

As, you were the designated driver, hubby got to quaff to his heart's content. OK!!!

Now, as it is a known fact that cats can not be herded, does it follow that they can not be led !!! But, a common goal, food and beer do just as well.

Hehe, in army days, actually my last mission on active duty was to lead a column of half tracks and tanks. Twas wild as the tanks kept spinni9ng in their tracks and gong another way!!! A half track on a narrow rod encumberd by a trailer, not so capable.
WWII vintage half tracks and state of the art at the time Patton tanks!! your hubby might appreciate that.

land office. I think that dated back to the days of the old west. Stake a claim as a mine or homestead and then rush to the land office to record it!!!

As a possible example, look up "Oklahoma Sooners".

I am sure NIX is pleased to be among her kind.

Carl

LnrB (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks, Guys,
AristoCat, that's the Most Hilarious video I've seen in a Very long time!! Thank you for posting!

Yes, Carl, cats CAN be led, that was my job as a kid, but they Must know there's food at the end or they can't be bothered.

Yes, by the time we arrived, husband was feeling no pain.
I think half tracks were a bit before his time although he knows what they are.
Thank you for the Land Office explanation.

Nix was pleased to be on the road again, and with new Silent shoes (the better to sneak up on Priuses)! As Jaguars are solitary creatures in Nature and only gather for special occasions she usually does just fine out here alone. There is quite a lot of "sizing up" when a group of them are in such close proximity though, and we all watch to see that they don't get out of hand.

We're sure she spent several years in solitary confinement before we rescued her, exactly one year ago Saturday and she came to live with us. Her rehabilitation and socialization is coming along quite well considering how much she has had to overcome.

She is fitting in well with the others, a few new ones every meet, who are far better socialized than she is, and she's getting better every time we have an event. I'm hoping that with consistency, therapy and attention she'll be fully recovered in another year.
(';')

Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Looks like a good time was had by all, thanks for sharing.

Should've asked for the banner, would've been good to get some pics / signed etc, maybe next time?

Old 09-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64
Looks like a good time was had by all, thanks for sharing.

Should've asked for the banner, would've been good to get some pics / signed etc, maybe next time?
Thank you, Jim,
I don't understand (maybe I'm a little thick), what banner? Signed by whom?
(';')

Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

This one, as seen here.....

Octoberfest 13?? - Page 6 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

If you have a significant meet, several cars or more, please just ask.

Its always a good opportunity for a photo shoot and get the names added to the banner.

LnrB (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

So, any member can request the banner, and you send it, and we take to a meet, get it signed and photographed, return it and post the photos of all the usual suspects? That could be fun.

But there were only 6 cars. Well 5 Jaguars, is that enough?
(';')

JimC64 (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 12:47 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Originally Posted by LnrB
So, any member can request the banner, and you send it, and we take to a meet, get it signed and photographed, return it and post the photos of all the usual suspects? That could be fun.

(';')
We are looking like 2 Jaguars for our October Shineshine Coast Drive, Fireball and the Blue Goose so far. More than enough to request a banner and sign it.

LnrB (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 05:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LnrB

(';')
Of course, no problem.

As long as it doesn't coincide with another meet you're welcome to have it, the only caveat is that you are then responsible for onward shipping to the next meet event.

The following 2 users liked this post by JimC64:
LnrB (09-22-2014), o1xjr (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 05:16 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Originally Posted by JagCad
Now, as it is a known fact that cats can not be herded, does it follow that they can not be led !!! But, a common goal, food and beer do just as well.
Carl
I agree with Carl, cats can be led but not herded.
I do believe it as a pride of cats.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by o1xjr
[...]
I do believe it as a pride of cats.
Technically you might be correct, Clarke, but would the thread have got the same attention with the title, "Leading a pride of cats, etc.? I think not.
(';')