Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uh oh. Sticky situation.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Uh oh. Sticky situation.

Hey all,

So my front passenger side window got stuck and wouldn't get more then half way up.

Long story short, I pulled it part. Like I swore I'd never EVER do again.

And found out that the channel the window sits in had slipped off its mount.
So here's my predicament.

The raising and lowering mechanism is so far out of place and the window practically jammed in place that I can't get anything back to where it's meant to be.

I can remove the glass as I can see the rivers.

Has anyone got any tips on how to put this all together again?

Bit of a humpty dumpty situation haha!

Last time I had a window mechanism apart I almost lost my mind haha

Old 05-18-2016, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

It's a long time ago now, but I distinctly remember taping up the window in its upper position, so I could get the lift motor and drive arm back in. This was with the glass channels in place, of course. The bottom of the window is glued into a steel channel section with a greased slot for wheel at the top of the lift arm. You have to wriggle the actuating wheel into the slot, then you can secure the motor without having all the weight of the glass falling down and giving you a hernia. Of course you must first make sure the lift mechanism is in its top position.

Even so, I agree it is a bit of a struggle, and you always seem to cut your hands to pieces on screws sticking through the inner door panel.

The following users liked this post:
Harry Dredge (06-28-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:33 AM
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for the tips! I managed to get the window up after much time and pain as well a payment of half of the skin of my knuckle to the jag gods in tribute to get the window up.

I taped it up with gaff to hold it closed and fought with the mechanism till it was all in place and bolt it back up.

I found a bold on the rear side of the door that when taken out it let me move the buys around a lot easier. It held a small bracket to the Door that held another slider in place. With the bolt out you can move the rest around to position it.

Incase anyone else reads this: it's two bolts beside each other about 3 inches apart. They hold a short 4 inch bracket to the inside of the door. I wouldn't take them both out at once though.

The bolt I took out way the closest of the two to the front of the car.

Sorry for the cryptic information haha, once it's started going back together I just wanted it to be done so didn't stop to take photos or document.

Harry

The following users liked this post:
LnrB (05-24-2016)