XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Fuel hose source?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fuel hose source?

Got my rear brake parts, hopefully will install them this weekend. Repaired my "Marelli Modification Mishap"...so now I'm on to ordering more parts.

Fuel lines under the hood look like they've seen better days. There are some that are rubber with metal ends on them, with the crimp collars to hold the hoses on. A long time ago, in West Palm Beach, I had some hoses replaced on the factory metal ends for the a/c hoses for a mustang, by a company that manufactured hydrolic hoses. I imagine I could do this again, if I can remember where they are.

Is there anyplace that may sell a kit of everything needed to replace the hoses and everything on the fuel rail? Dunno if the dealer would carry something like this, but I imagine there'd be a premium to pay to get it there.

thanks,
howlinowl

Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,755 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Those rubber/metal pipe combinations for fuel feed and return are crazy expensive from Jaguar....if you can still even get them. I spent about $400 several years ago for them.

Actually it's a simply DIY process to cut off the crimp collars and install new rubber sections. Make sure to use fuel injection grade hose.

Or.....

This outfit ...excellent reputation....can supply new fuel pipes and/or will remake your own pipes if you send them

Jaguar Fuel Injector Service

Cheers
DD

Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I just used a torch and burned the rubber out then used efi hose clamps on it!

Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Found this link:

Replacing the Fuel Injector Hoses

Guy replacing the injector hoses on his '78 XJS. He reuses the ferrules (pintle caps refer to the ferrules...right?). Wondering if the procedure he uses would also apply to my '92. If so, all I would need is a length of hose for the fuel lines and injector hoses, some clamps for the fuel lines and some injector seals. Seems it'd be quite a bit cheaper than buying this kit:

Jaguar XJS V12 Fuel Injection Hoses and Kits

...although it shows some small "upper injector seals" that I haven't a clue where they go....

edit:....it's the small "lower injector seals", not the large ones that I haven't a clue where they go....

howlinowl

Last edited by howlinowl; 09-03-2012 at 10:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
someguywithajag (08-19-2018)
Old 09-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,755 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by howlinowl

Bernie Embden was well known for many years in the "XJS DIY" world. He fell ill, I think, and dropped out fo sight a couple years ago. Great guy.

Guy replacing the injector hoses on his '78 XJS. He reuses the ferrules (pintle caps refer to the ferrules...right?).

Pintle caps are the hard plastic tips that fit on the nozzle end of the injectors....the end that sprays the fuel.

Ferrules are the little tin "hats" that fit on the ends of the hose to keep it from spreading

Wondering if the procedure he uses would also apply to my '92. If so, all I would need is a length of hose for the fuel lines and injector hoses, some clamps for the fuel lines and some injector seals. Seems it'd be quite a bit cheaper than buying this kit:

Bernie's '78 XJS had different injectors. The "HE" injectors, such as yours, do not use clamps on the hoses. But, the procedure is the same.

I'll add that at some point in the 90s Jaguar changed the V12 injector hose arrangement entirely. I'm pretty sure your '92 still has the older set-up, though.

Jaguar XJS V12 Fuel Injection Hoses and Kits

...although it shows some small "upper injector seals" that I haven't a clue where they go....

edit:....it's the small "lower injector seals", not the large ones that I haven't a clue where they go....

howlinowl

The small seals go on the nozzle end of the injectors to form a seal where they nozzle fits into the inlet manifold.

The large seals aren't seal at all but are actually mounting cushions.

I don't want to go into details here but I'd urge you to consider the source I recommended. I have no interest in the company or anything like that but I do have good reasons for saying this.

Cheers
DD