Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

07 XK seats controls issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 XK seats controls issue

Hello everyone-
i just got this 10 year old, 73,000 miles coupe. Nice quality car. two days into ownership, both seats went bat SH*t on me. They layed back and controls were limited. The day before this happened, I got the car detailed which included a carpet shampoo. I am wondering if the moisture from the shampoo enhanced some existing corrosion in the motors area. I will remove the seat and visually inspect it tomorrow. Do any of you have any history or advice on this matter? Also, could these cars be more sensitive to battery power than any other car made? The battery went low the other day from simply leaving some courtesy lights on for awhile. Its as thought the car just hates me for doing that. Thank you for your input.
Randy in Portland

Old 08-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Yes, these cars are very sensitive to low battery power. Not sure if that is the issue with your seat, but there are many threads here about low battery power. Many people keep their battery on a tender when not driving.

The following users liked this post:
badboyauto (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 03:27 PM

mine has been on a tender since this issue. But, are they sensitive to the point of needing a specific battery? Thank you.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Old 08-03-2017, 05:10 PM

110 reef

That is a great story. Printed, in my folder and I will have a new battery in tomorrow or Saturday. My experience with AGM batteries' tendencies to accept a charge prohibits me buying one but I will buy an appropriate lead acid plate type. Thank you for posting this. I am exited to try it.
PS: I have a 16 year old battery in a 1958 Corvette that still works perfectly. During those years, any time the car is not running, it is connected to a low ampere tender.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:29 PM
wkb
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 07 convertible. The battery recently went dead.(since replaced) jumped it to get it going and the both seats lost their programming and would not move to fullest of any positions. Tried disconnecting the battery for several hours hoping the seats would reset. They didn't. Had to pay Jag dealer to reprogram. Took them 2 hours, charged me for one

Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

There is at least one thread dealing with resetting the seats. The probabilities are that you will have to reset the windows also. If that is the case read about in the owner's manual. If you don't have one you can download one at no cost. See the 3rd or 4th posting in the opening thread on this (X150) Forum. There is a search box at the upper right corner of this page where you can do a search on resetting the seats and lots of other items dealing with your car. Finally welcome aboard and post some pics when you have a chance.

The following users liked this post:
badboyauto (08-04-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 474 Likes on 312 Posts

How was the battery after the detail - leaving doors open etc while detailing will drag the batt. down.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:06 PM

McJag-

When I drove up to get the car from the detailer, yes, both doors and hatch were open and all lights on. It started ok but nonetheless, amperage was lost. Since then, I cannot get this battery above 80%. I purchased a new NAPA 94R battery today and will be installing it tomorrow morning. I sure hope this straightens things out to where I can enjoy this clean and cool Jag.