XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XK ACM Audio Connectivity Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XK ACM Audio Connectivity Module

Guys
I've been going crazy trying to find a way to connect my iPhone/iPod. From what I can see the ACM is the only way to do this without using an FM Modulator. Does anybody know where I may find one and have it installed? My local dealership is telling me they no longer stock them, they couldn't tell me why.

Thanks for the great posts and support.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

PS I'm Houston TX based

Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

HoustonXK2007, I'm on the same path. I would maybe add a signal processor (DSP) as another option for getting iPhone/iPod audio in. FM modulator or Bluetooth solutions will have downgraded audio quality compared to a line-in solution such as the ACM or DSP. This thread is worth reading.

Last week, I ordered the ACM (p/n C2P16491) and a lead link (the connector converter that plugs into the base, not the 3.5mm jack on top - can't find the p/n) from Jaguar Merriam Parts. Their website shows both as orderable - BUT, as of now, the order status shows that they are 'on order.' Hopefully there's no surprise headed my way.. "Houston, I can't handle that problem." Jaguar of Sacramento also lists the C2P16491 as orderable.

From what I've read around this forum, the install looks to be pretty straightforward (Jim Rothe's page). But any decent car audio place - recommending not going to the car stereo installation bay in a big box store - should be able to install it for you. ...which is the path I intend to take.

I'll let you know if my order comes through or falls through.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Should be able to buy from our banner sponsor at a discount

Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM

+1 on mosesbotbol's comment - we should support our banner sponsors as much as possible.

The two parts I ordered - C2P16491 (ACM) and C2S51762 (Lead-link) - shipped out today.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM

That's great. Please let me know how it works as I've had a few confilcting messages - mainly from Jaguar.

PS - I'm assuming the 'link' is the actual ipod connector?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 PM

Will do.. It will probably be awhile (maybe as late as January) as I'm going to have other audio work done on the car, and need to work around travel and holidays. Many others have had good success w/ ACM; if you want to search on ACM in the forum.

I haven't seen the lead-link, but I'm certain it's the cable that connects between the RCA/USB output on the ACM and the standard (iPhone 5 aside) iPhone/iPod/iPad base plug - from which you get both power and audio, not just audio, as from the 3.5mm jack on top. ...expecting it to look something like this.

Last edited by bart_redline99; 11-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the link.

Do you know if the ACM pushes power to the USB or just provides the ability to transfer the audio signal? Great if it does but if it doesn't I can't see how it could charge the ipod/iphone.

Could I ask how much you paid for the ACM? I've called around and have found it from $275 to $450.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM

Happy to - I'm a bit obsessed with good audio (search "XKR Audio" on Youtube). I don't know whether the USB pushes power - it's more likely just for audio (mp3s on a thumb drive) and software (s/w upgrades from Denison). Someone on the forum who already has this installed may want to weigh in.

My reference to RCA/USB connection was misleading/incorrect. The lead-link doesn't connect to the USB. It connects directly to the ACM from what I can tell -- sending power to the ipod/iphone and taking audio signals out, through the ACM, and to the head unit. I have a lead-link installed now that runs into my DSP, not the forthcoming ACM, and it powers/charges my iPhone 3S. Denison lists which devices get power and which do not -- here.

The ACM was $267; the lead-link was $37.

Last edited by bart_redline99; 11-30-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I ordered the ACM kit from my local Jag dealer (Plaza Jaguar) a few weeks ago. I installed it myself and can verify it is an incredibly simple install. The Ipod and USB interfaces push power, however, they will not charge a device it is completely depleted. I have tested the ACM with an IPAD2 (using spotify), a USB key with MP3's, and an Ipod Classic.

The following users liked this post:
CleverName (11-30-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Houston, I bought the part online and had it installed by Momentum in Houston. It was about $450 for the part and install which is way over-prices in my opinion. The ipod adapter doesn't display any song info. The only thing I use the module for now is that I downloaded all my songs to a USB stick and play from there rather than the iphone.

The following users liked this post:
houstonbluexk (04-21-2018)
Old 04-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Hi guys. I was reading your posts. I have an X-Type. I have the X-Type ACM fitted. It also had many problems, including the head unit only playing the first five playlists. But I installed the Dension software and it fixed everything. I can now control the music from my iPhone. It charges everything, except my 3rd gen iTouch. But I fixed that by using this adaptor...
Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories
Maybe this will work for your iPod?
The software, apparently, was written for a Mercedes. But I'm very happy with the results.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,136 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by flyrr100
Hi guys. ... But I fixed that by using this adaptor... Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories Maybe this will work for your iPod?
Been there, done that. See my post #10: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...nano-6g-50122/

The Scosche adapter charges my iPod Nano 5th Gen. and keeps it fully charged. I expect it will also charge other Apple devices that use the same connector, but don't know for sure. Since my car came from the factory with iPod connectivity (standard on 2009 X150 models), all iPod functions are controllable from the touchscreen; volume and song selection are controlled by the steering wheel switches.

I leave my iPod in the center arm rest (disconnected when parked). It's a snug fit when connected but it fits in the armest, which can still slide forward and back. I'm a happy camper now that I don't have to recharge my iPod or worry about it dying in the middle of a song.

Stuart

Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Been there, done that. See my post #10: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...nano-6g-50122/

The Scosche adapter charges my iPod Nano 5th Gen. and keeps it fully charged. I expect it will also charge other Apple devices that use the same connector, but don't know for sure. Since my car came from the factory with iPod connectivity (standard on 2009 X150 models), all iPod functions are controllable from the touchscreen; volume and song selection are controlled by the steering wheel switches.

I leave my iPod in the center arm rest (disconnected when parked). It's a snug fit when connected but it fits in the armest, which can still slide forward and back. I'm a happy camper now that I don't have to recharge my iPod or worry about it dying in the middle of a song.

Stuart
Guys Anyone know if there is an upgrade for the 2007 xkr to make it function like the factory 2009 xkr as described above?

Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S

Stuart
Stuart when you said you can control song selection does that mean you see the list of songs on the car display?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,136 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers1511
Stuart when you said you can control song selection does that mean you see the list of songs on the car display?
Yes. But I don't know if the ACM for pre-2009 models works the same way.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:10 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonXK2007
That's great. Please let me know how it works as I've had a few confilcting messages - mainly from Jaguar.

PS - I'm assuming the 'link' is the actual ipod connector?
Hi

Did you confirm the mentioned part numbers worked? I'm looking for the same. But there seems to be a difference in ACM modules....... (2007 xk conv)

Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 PM

Parzival, I can confirm that the C2P16491 is the correct ACM part number for the '07 XK as I have it in my car and it works well from an audio perspective. It provides line-in audio with fidelity as good as the quality of your source music (i.e., Apple Lossless recording will sound close to CD quality; highly compressed MP3s will sound close to...(no comment)). I can also confirm that the steering controls advance songs and control volume on your device; and that the car display will not display anything other than the RCA jack graphic - both as confirmed in the ACM manual. I ignore the screen by going to the home screen and using the steering wheel or device to advance. My setup is: ACM to a Scosche passport adapter (for standard iPod and IPhone 4 and lower with charging ability) to an Apple Lightning adapter (for iPhone 5 with the same). I play iTunes music through my iPod and iPhone 5 and I stream MOG (similar to Pandora, Spotify, etc.) through the iphone. I bought, but did not use, the lead link - which is a 7-pin to iPod/iPhone 4 cable. All in, the setup works great and solves my #1 and #2 pursuits: best audio fidelity and the ability to play iTunes and stream music. ..hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you need more detail.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Hi Bart,

Did you go to the dealership to activate the AUX option on the Nav display?

If not, is there another way to activate it?

I installed mine last year and haven't used it due to the AUX activation issue.

TIA

Old 04-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike V
Hi Bart,

TIA
have the same problem.. well sort of.. its not installed yet.. but I've asked the dealer if they are willing to enable this option after I install it.. so far no response.. that's also the reason for the other topic.. the Diagnostics Unit I found on ebay so perhaps I might be able to do it myself.. (although at 100USD its an expensive switch to set)

Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike V
Hi Bart,

TIA
Hey MikeV
I see you have an LED Taillight conversion kit. I may be interested in this. Where did you get this and is it a DIY?

Quick Reply: 2007 XK ACM Audio Connectivity Module