XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Another dumb question - Does manufacture date matter - 2007 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another dumb question - Does manufacture date matter - 2007 XKR

Hello again!
I fear I may be posting rather simple questions on here but am grateful for the wisdom I've gleaned thus far. (E.g., I found the booklet that documented the ACM for the 2007 XK series and sent it to a dealer who was telling me he "wasn't sure" if the XKR could be retrofitted for iPod playback) Thank you!

This is the car I am seriously considering purchasing:
http://showroom.auction123.com/henne...B11377.html#lg

Isn't it just gorgeous? (Oh, wait...this is the place where that might be a totally rhetorical question!)

Here's my (probably dumb) question. Does date of manufacture matter? This sweet thing was built in October 2006, so early in the manufacture year for the 07s. I assume that the Select Edition warranty (which this has) is based on DOM, yes? So built earlier means I have less time on my warranty. But are there other quirks about an earlier manufacture date on this car that I might want to discuss with my dealer before finalizing a purchase decision?

As always, thank you, fellow enthusiasts. I am so anxious to join your ranks officially as an owner.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ekajati
Hello again!
I fear I may be posting rather simple questions on here but am grateful for the wisdom I've gleaned thus far. (E.g., I found the booklet that documented the ACM for the 2007 XK series and sent it to a dealer who was telling me he "wasn't sure" if the XKR could be retrofitted for iPod playback) Thank you!

This is the car I am seriously considering purchasing:
http://showroom.auction123.com/henne...B11377.html#lg

Isn't it just gorgeous? (Oh, wait...this is the place where that might be a totally rhetorical question!)

Here's my (probably dumb) question. Does date of manufacture matter? This sweet thing was built in October 2006, so early in the manufacture year for the 07s. I assume that the Select Edition warranty (which this has) is based on DOM, yes? So built earlier means I have less time on my warranty. But are there other quirks about an earlier manufacture date on this car that I might want to discuss with my dealer before finalizing a purchase decision?

As always, thank you, fellow enthusiasts. I am so anxious to join your ranks officially as an owner.
I believe the warranty begins with the in-service date not the DOM or mileage which is probably negligible in any case. This may make a difference of a month or 2.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

That car does not come with satellite radio. Agree with sorapp re: in-service date as start for warranty. I would negotiate extended warranty into final purchase price. Need to make sure a/c hose leak was repaired (big expen$e).