XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone using quickjack with XK X150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Received 110 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
My two cents on quick jack. The Quick Jack is designed as portable but you need a lot of space to actually store it. It requires a lot of assembly and disassembly to fit it under your car. Check out the video and then think about how you would apply it in your space and you'll see what I mean. Tear down and set up look like a major pain in the *** to me as well as storage. Look at the 16:50 mark in the video on how much room on his bench is taken up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMqTFQuPHeY

I ultimately went with the MR6K-38. I bolted it to the floor and just drive over it. I slide the rubber blocks under the lift points and I'm good to go. It fits the XK perfectly as well as my wife's Cadillac SRX SUV. It also fit my 05 Super V8 and that bad boy was 17' 3" long. There's plenty of clearance for the XK.
I use a mechanics pad, not a creeper. I can access everything underneath the car, there is no restriction. It was $2k delivered if I recall. Height is as high as 38" in 12" locking increments. After years of standing under a lift, this is less painful on these old bones. It's perfect for brake and suspension work too as I can sit on a stool or stand. This works for me. good luck with your decision.
I Very strongly considered this, and if you never want to loan your lift out or take it to a track day it is a better solution. I take mine all over the place helping friends and family with projects. I store my QJ right under my 1965 Mustang. Pushed together in the center my oil pan clears easily.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
I ultimately went with the MR6K-38. I bolted it to the floor and just drive over it. I slide the rubber blocks under the lift points and I'm good to go. It fits the XK perfectly as well as my wife's Cadillac SRX SUV. It also fit my 05 Super V8 and that bad boy was 17' 3" long. There's plenty of clearance for the XK.
I use a mechanics pad, not a creeper. I can access everything underneath the car, there is no restriction. It was $2k delivered if I recall. Height is as high as 38" in 12" locking increments. After years of standing under a lift, this is less painful on these old bones. It's perfect for brake and suspension work too as I can sit on a stool or stand. This works for me. good luck with your decision.
Originally Posted by peterv8
I have one too, very happy with it, makes life easier!:-)
Hi Sean and Peter,

I wanted to thank you guys for your recommendation of the MR6K-38. After doing more research I am convinced this is a better option for me, thanks again!.

Happy Hump Day,

Dave

The following 2 users liked this post by 10XKR:
Cee Jay (08-15-2018), Sean W (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:28 AM
Received 375 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by 10XKR
Hi Sean and Peter,

I wanted to thank you guys for your recommendation of the MR6K-38. After doing more research I am convinced this is a better option for me, thanks again!.

Happy Hump Day,

Dave
Sorry but I meant I have a similar one. I don't have the same as Sean but mine looks and works the same! :-)

Old 08-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Received 420 Likes on 205 Posts

I welded some "plates" cause one of my cars was to low!:-)

I see the "tennis ball parking guide" is ubiquitous, though I think I'd be better off with a cattle chute for my bride. She is ... not good at parking.

The following 3 users liked this post by LoudHogRider:
Cee Jay (08-15-2018), Queen and Country (11-20-2018), Sean W (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry but I meant I have a similar one. I don't have the same as Sean but mine looks and works the same! :-)
Hi Peter,

No need to be sorry, it still helped me, even if I did misunderstand. LOL

Have a great one,

Dave

Old 08-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

I welded some "plates" cause one of my cars was to low!:-)

I ramped mine with plywood because I don't have welding equipment but what you did looks great!

Old 08-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Here is another solution instead of plywood

https://www.reverselogic.us/rack---lift.html

Sean W (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Yessir, I saw those. Plywood - $17

Cee Jay (08-15-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,285 Posts

Originally Posted by ajzride
I have the EXT because I also lift my truck with it. The EXT barely fits between the wheels (About 8" on each side) of the XK, but it works just fine. I bought the biggest one available so I could use it on as many vehicles as possible, and would make that suggestion to anyone else. I've even loaded it in the back of my truck and hauled it around for friends to use. Incredibly nice thing to have around.
Yes, you made the correct choice. The SLX comes up short. Those suckers are HEAVY, don't know how you loaded it in a truck to haul around.
Originally Posted by 10XKR
You made a wise choice, from my measurements, the 5000 EXT fits the XK lift points perfectly, the lesser SLX, while it will work, it comes up short on reaching the factory jack points.
At least on paper as I haven't tried one n person like you guys.
Cheers,
Dave
That's what I found out by buying one. It comes up short.
Originally Posted by BlueXKR-S
That's exactly my issue. At least on paper SLX has a maximum lift point spread of 60'. If I measure between lift points on my XKRS, it's closer to 65', which is right bellow EXT maximum of 66'. So at least on paper, EXT is a better choice. Still I wonder how they used SLX. Did they use different lift points?

My issue is that one of my other cars has shorter wheel base than XK and I wonder if EXT will fit between the wheels.....
In the first post I quoted, the EXT fits, and is the one to get.

Good thing I'm not a carpenter. I measured the cars in our household 3 times, and determined that the BL-5000SLX would do the job, so I ordered one.
Well, I was wrong. Too short for all three cars, especially my Lexus. With the optional extender, its too tall to fit under any of the cars, and driving the car up on blocks before putting the jack underneath, kind of defeats the convenience factor.
With a 20% restocking fee, and having to pay shipping both ways (arrived with free shipping, but that would have to be repaid if returned), it just wasn't economical to return, so I gave it away locally.(Too busy to try to sell it, just put it out on the curb, and it disappears.)
Anyway, next time I get the urge to buy a lift, it will be the BL-5000EXT.