XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Electronic gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Electronic gremlins

So I was driving the XKR around today and the Sirius radio stopped playing and was updating while I was driving which I didn't think much about. So it kept on updating for about 5 minutes and the sat radio finally worked. Well....I wanted to switch the sat station but wouldn't let me. It would only play on the station before the update. No big deal so I thought I'd turn off the radio so I push the button and display showed Audio Off but the sat radio still was playing. I get home and turn off the car and open the door and the sat radio was still playing eventhough the screen was off (blank). So I started the car again and turned on FM radio and I can switch channels there but when i switch to Sat Radio the only one station would play. When I press another station, it wouldn't work. I switch back to FM radio and turn off the car and the radio switch back to that one Sat Radio station and again the car's engine is off, the door is open and the center screen is off. Well...I figured maybe while outside the car I press the lock button and the radio will turn off so I press the lock button on the key fob and of course the horn honks twice telling me it wouldn't allow me to lock the doors. I then started the car up again and switch from FM, Sat and CD and somehow it finally stopped. WEIRDNESS!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

yah, sounds like my 'gremlins' that I had once. Crap, can't find it, the post is really old too.. no odd radio behavior, but my overhead lights (both of them) would not turn off, even when the car was shut down, alarm did the same thing (two chirps), eventually had to do a soft reset on the battery, and everything was fixed.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Whenever I see those Sirius updates it really makes me nervous. Similar things have happened to me before, not in the Jag though - once was with a standalone Sat radio unit and once in the Audi.