Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fitted Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Rey
Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Fitted Luggage

Sometimes you will see advertisements for high-end classic cars (usually Mercedes) that include "fitted luggage". There is a German firm which offers fitted luggage for the XK. Jaguar - Car Suitcases for your car, roadster and convertible. I think this luggage would be more useful for roadster owners than coupe owners.
I have BMW Z4 coupe and bought a a set of luggage from this manufacturer.
The luggage is lightweight and fairly durable. We have used it for airline travel. The shape of the luggage is a bit odd, but it looks very "finished" when loaded into the car; and my sense is that it's addition will be a nice asset on resale.

The following 5 users liked this post by Rey:
CleverName (07-10-2012), hawaii (03-12-2014), Quebecjag (06-18-2014), richzak (03-12-2014), Stormdk (03-12-2014)
Old 07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

That's awesome. Not expensive either.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Does anyone know if this luggage set will fit in a coupe as well as a convertible?

Old 07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Rey
Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

The luggage will fit the coupe, but it fits closer and better in the roadster, which has a smaller trunk cavity. Suggest you contact mfg directly for more precise information.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

I contacted the vendor and they said they never tried the set in a coupe and it was specifically designed to fit the convertible. They thought that the trunk space in the coupe was much larger. Probably a no go.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey
Sometimes you will see advertisements for high-end classic cars (usually Mercedes) that include "fitted luggage". There is a German firm which offers fitted luggage for the XK. Jaguar - Car Suitcases for your car, roadster and convertible. I think this luggage would be more useful for roadster owners than coupe owners.
I have BMW Z4 coupe and bought a a set of luggage from this manufacturer.
The luggage is lightweight and fairly durable. We have used it for airline travel. The shape of the luggage is a bit odd, but it looks very "finished" when loaded into the car; and my sense is that it's addition will be a nice asset on resale.
I just got hold of an XKR Roadsterbag set of 6 luggage bags. The quality is pretty good. There is one snag you need to be careful of if you're interested in purchasing: one of the 6 bags fits in the spare tyre well, so if you have a spare wheel (as I do ) you need to take this into consideration. Either put this bag on the back seats (defeats a bit the purpose of a 'fitted' luggage set), or do away with the spare wheel and equip yourself with a tire repair kit (not particularly keen on this) or not use this 6th bag at all.

The following users liked this post:
hawaii (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Is there a USA vendor located in the USA for these Roadsterbags?

If so, please provide a website link.

If these can't be found then consider:

www.ebags.com

We use the "ebags" allot for regular travel and there are many styles and sizes that can be matched to the Roadster bags.

The "ebags" are ideal for road trips, but for flying they need to be stored inside regular luggage cases.

Last edited by richzak; 03-12-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by richzak
Is there a USA vendor located in the USA for these Roadsterbags?

If so, please provide a website link.

If these can't be found then consider:

eBags - Shop Bags and Accessories - Free Shipping - eBags.com
Not too sure about the US, but these guys at Home - Roadsterbag Convertible Cases seem to be the only people who make luggage bag sets 'customised' to fit the convertible XK. The ebags site you mention have loads of bags. It may be interesting to come up with an assortment of bags from ebags to make a set which fits the XK!

Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ejjbee
Not too sure about the US, but these guys at Home - Roadsterbag Convertible Cases seem to be the only people who make luggage bag sets 'customised' to fit the convertible XK. The ebags site you mention have loads of bags. It may be interesting to come up with an assortment of bags from ebags to make a set which fits the XK!
Yes, you would have to get the measurements from the Roadsterbags site then shop the ebags to duplicate the Roadsterbags sizes.The ebags are very flexible and soft.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

This post brings up a question that I have regarding useful space in the converts trunk. I don't mean to high jack this post but what is the height under the top cover. I haven't had the opportunity to see this yet but have wondered what it was after seeing pictures of the trunk. Also if you remove the top cover , which I assume will not allow the top to be put down , how much extra height will you get. I also see as with my old XJS that the back seat makes for great additional storage and would consider professionally converting this to a storage space similar to the XJ-SC and the conversion done by others on this form. The luggage set shown above seems like overkill for 2 people taking a weekend or week long trip.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 PM

Yes, you would have to get the measurements from the Roadsterbags site then shop the ebags to duplicate the Roadsterbags sizes.The ebags are very flexible and soft.
If anyone needs the dimensions, just let me know!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
This post brings up a question that I have regarding useful space in the converts trunk. I don't mean to high jack this post but what is the height under the top cover. I haven't had the opportunity to see this yet but have wondered what it was after seeing pictures of the trunk. Also if you remove the top cover , which I assume will not allow the top to be put down , how much extra height will you get. I also see as with my old XJS that the back seat makes for great additional storage and would consider professionally converting this to a storage space similar to the XJ-SC and the conversion done by others on this form. The luggage set shown above seems like overkill for 2 people taking a weekend or week long trip.
Jagtoes:

The convert top will NOT close if the slide separator is removed from the trunk. There is a sensor that tells the top NOT to open.

Otherwise you have about 8" to 10" with the slide separator in place.

I favor the "ebag" approach as I agree, don't need 6 pieces if traveling for a 3 to 4 day road trip.

Last edited by richzak; 03-12-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

IMHO, while "Roadster luggage" is an interesting approach to making best use of the limited space in the listed cars, I see it as a "nice to have" set that matches in style. If I did a lot of "roadies", I might be more convinced. I will have to agree that the price seems agreeable. Not sure it would hold up to the rigors of airline travel though. All of that luster and beauty might be rub off after a few tumbles through baggage claim. LOL

Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

What I'd like to know is, will the vert trunk accommodate a carry type golf bag. I have a set that I keep at the club and a set that I like to keep in the car for those surprise road games.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
What I'd like to know is, will the vert trunk accommodate a carry type golf bag. I have a set that I keep at the club and a set that I like to keep in the car for those surprise road games.
I've seen on one of the many youtube videos someone put a cart bag in the trunk of a 2010 convert. It was put in side to side. i wonder if you could fit 2 medium carry bags in the back. Also if you pull the woods out can you fit a bag in lengthwise?

Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

On our road trips of 5 - 9 days we put two medium size roll on bags in the trunk with the top cover rolled back to the front panel (the top will not go up or down). then we pack small items in the side spaces left by the roll-on bags. If necessary we put items that are on hangers in the back seat area as well as a knapsack camera case and any other miscellaneous items that couldn't fit into the trunk.

If you want to do a leg of the trip with top down, put the roll on bags in the rear seat area and the miscellaneous stuff in the trunk with the top cover in place. Of course you will not be able to use the wind deflector with the roll-ons in the back seat.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Luggage for XK

The German firm is sold out and won't be back in production for at least 3 months. Any other ideas for luggage for an XK Convertible road trip? My car is new and I've never had a convertible. I love it, but this small trunk space is killing me! Yes I know girls...we over pack. HELP!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagkittycat
The German firm is sold out and won't be back in production for at least 3 months. Any other ideas for luggage for an XK Convertible road trip? My car is new and I've never had a convertible. I love it, but this small trunk space is killing me! Yes I know girls...we over pack. HELP!
Yes I fought that battle (over packing) for years and never won...LOl! But, I still loved my dear bride up until she crossed the rainbow bridge. You gals are crazy with your shoes and dresses....LOl!

Jagkittycat (06-19-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jagkittycat
ebags.com..........check them out.

They are packing cubes, and because of the low profile they will fit fine.

Keep in mind these are NOT pieces of luggage but, pieces that will hold clothes and other items that will fit in the trunk of the Jag Vert very well. You can organize quite well. And they are low priced. Nothing fancy but serves the purpose. They are available in an assortment of colors and sizes.

Here's link to help get you on track.....

eBags Slim Packing Cubes - 3 Size Set - eBags.com

Jagkittycat (06-19-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks!

ebags.com..........check them out.

They are packing cubes, and because of the low profile they will fit fine.

Keep in mind these are NOT pieces of luggage but, pieces that will hold clothes and other items that will fit in the trunk of the Jag Vert very well. You can organize quite well. And they are low priced. Nothing fancy but serves the purpose. They are available in an assortment of colors and sizes.

Here's link to help get you on track.....

eBags Slim Packing Cubes - 3 Size Set - eBags.com

Very helpful I will give them a try! Thanks so much!

Quick Reply: Fitted Luggage