Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Grew the family bigger

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts
Default Grew the family bigger

Sold another one today. A family member just got one.

I quote "would not have remotely considered a jaguar until the fabulous ride in yours"

Its an ambassador folks.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Which one did they buy?

My previous two Jaguars are on the road and near my house. One was sold to a friend and gave it his dad. His dad is loving that VDP. I am not sure who owns my XK, but it's down the street from another friend's house.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Which one did they buy?

My previous two Jaguars are on the road and near my house. One was sold to a friend and gave it his dad. His dad is loving that VDP. I am not sure who owns my XK, but it's down the street from another friend's house.
New Ftype
He really wanted an XKR, money no object was unable to find one in absolutely new condition. Looked for 6 months. I have been warning people, the window is closing if not closed.

He loves the AM but too ostentatious for his line of work. Worse its perceived value is greater than its real.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

There are 17 5.0 XKRs on eBay in the COMPLETED listing section. None have sold. Add in the -S and the GT, there are another three. None sold.
I know eBay is a crappy place to buy/sell a car, but what other site posts completed listings?
It does appear though that prices have sort of maintained..... not dropping as fast as they have in the past. At least going by the Active Listings in other sites.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Ebay is a fantastic place to buy cars if you know what you are doing.
Someone who has a lot of pride in their cars and maintain it like a fine watch will typically be offended by what a dealer is forced to offer them. They turn to ebay.

Dealerships have some of the worst junks I have ever seen, my local Jaguar dealer had 2 cars from the other side of the country NY an NJ, sure they only had 12K miles on them, but to me they were clearly not local trades. Carmax is the place that folks take their cars for a fire sale.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

I purchased a car off eBay. No issues at all. And I've done the same, checking the completed listings, as well as the sold listings.

I tend to use Cargurus Cee Jay, when I want to see how the values are holding up. They identify whether the car is fairly priced, over under etc. My assumption is that pricing fairness a local thing like KBB or NADA. I'm sure you're familiar with the site. They also list how long the car has been listed.

LoudHogRider (07-21-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member

BTW ebay is the largest seller of cars- it was at one point at least.

Many of those listings are never intended to sell through ebay. Dealers use ebay too to sell and advertise.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:45 AM
Received 420 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
I purchased a car off eBay. No issues at all. And I've done the same, checking the completed listings, as well as the sold listings.

I tend to use Cargurus Cee Jay, when I want to see how the values are holding up. They identify whether the car is fairly priced, over under etc. My assumption is that pricing fairness a local thing like KBB or NADA. I'm sure you're familiar with the site. They also list how long the car has been listed.
I've used all of those sites and agree about the Car Guru 'value' listing. I've found both of my Jaguars on Autotrader.com. I liked their preference selections that allowed me to 'finely grist' the marketplace until one popped up that hit my criteria for miles, color, year, etc. Most of the sites offer that, but I saw more 'private sellers' on Autotrader than the other sites, and that's what I was looking for. My $0.02 worth...

And I'm only responsible for one pull-through sale (so far). One of my good friends from college took a ride in mine, got Jag fever and was all-in on an F-Type. I completely submarined him and asked his wife, "Where are you going to put all of your stuff whilst traveling? I'll bet you'd love to have a small back seat like my XK for purses, shopping bags and a cooler." BOOM - roasted. They selected a like-new 2014 XK convertible in 'arrest me' red. Beautiful ride, and they both have thanked me on numerous occasions for recommending the XK over the F-Type.

Queen and Country (07-21-2017)