XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

How much should I ask for 2011 XK wheels mint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default How much should I ask for 2011 XK wheels mint?

2011 XK mint 28k miles on them no center caps. I've seen some for $1400 but is that enough or to much ? I want to sell them but not give them away.. thanks in advance for any input..

Old 06-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Personally I'd keep them. Times change and at some point you may want them back. Per pricing, exotic stuff either sells for a lot or nothing depending on the how desirable the item is. You'll also need to ask yourself if you want to sell them or just be selling them. 5 x 108 mm is an oddball wheel size and those wheels don't scream 'cool' or 'race' to me. Price from $200 - 400 for the set. I'd start at $600 on Craigslist and see if they go. If not, drop the price. Scrap value is @ $ 60 per wheel. That's where the OZ wheels I inherited with my car are heading just to get them out of the way.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

I would not even consider selling these wheels for $200 to $400 for the set. That would be crazy. Jaguar OEM wheels are very expensive to replace and a set can run up to $4000.

I would not sell the wheels for anything less than $2000 ($500 each). Keep watching the forum as many times, XK/XKR owners want to find original OEM Jaguar wheels to replace damaged wheels and want to keep their Jaguar original. Keep in mind an XKR costs over $110,000 new. Replacing OEM Jaguar wheels for $2000 is a bargain.

If your wheels are in mint condition eventually you will probably sell them. It is doubtful any Jaguar owner of an XK/XKR could find them or even buy at this price. Since the Jaguar XK/XKR's are no longer produced, makes your mint condition OEM Jaguar wheels "rare".

You have a rare set of wheels, do not give them away. You can list them for sale in the Jaguar Forum classified section at no cost.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends how much you need the space and the cash. They're only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them, however mint and wonderful they are. Ranchero is right if you want them gone as soon as possible.

They're only worth Richzak's sort of price to the right buyer, and you will have to wait until one of those buyers wants some wheels. 'Eventually' could be tomorrow, or it could be next year, or it could be longer.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks for input

Thanks guys very good input I think I'll go with $1400 and go from there I'm not in a hurry and like you said if I don't sell them and decide to sell the car I will throw them on or sell them with the car to make it more valuable.

The following 2 users liked this post by wforacing:
Ranchero50 (06-11-2017), richzak (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Look here and maybe you'll get a little insight on what the market will bare.
Jaguar XK Wheels Rims Wheel Rim Stock OEM Replacement

Old 06-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wforacing
Thanks guys very good input I think I'll go with $1400 and go from there I'm not in a hurry and like you said if I don't sell them and decide to sell the car I will throw them on or sell them with the car to make it more valuable.

They are Caravela; easy to check prices on ebay. Since you are in no hurry you will get best price if you sell them individually. Make sure you add full information in your listing including model years and number of spokes (sin ce many buyers do not know what their wheels are called) as well as part number.

Mike.

The following users liked this post:
richzak (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Look here and maybe you'll get a little insight on what the market will bare.
Jaguar XK Wheels Rims Wheel Rim Stock OEM Replacement
Nice website. Read the information closely as these wheels have either been
refurbished OEM wheels or reproduction wheels, thus the lower price points. Never-the-less good site showing the Jaguar wheels.

Originally Posted by mikefarnham
They are Caravela; easy to check prices on ebay. Since you are in no hurry you will get best price if you sell them individually. Make sure you add full information in your listing including model years and number of spokes (sin ce many buyers do not know what their wheels are called) as well as part number.

Mike.

Great advice and the eBay listings provide a good idea of what "real" Jaguar OEM wheels are really selling for. As you can see, an entire set of new Jag wheels can sell for up in the several thousands of dollars.

At $1400 the wheels should sell quickly for someone wanting a completely new set. If selling yourself, be sure to list the exact sizes and offsets.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

I'm curious what eBay's fees will be for the length of renewals required to sell these? The fee policy was changed a couple years ago to greatly benefit the mass seller's and really hurt the little guy. I used to sell a good bit on eBay but the fees ate too much of the profit if I wasn't getting a sale on each listing. First renewal was free but then it added up. Facebook, forums and Craigslist are about it for me now.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
I'm curious what eBay's fees will be for the length of renewals required to sell these? The fee policy was changed a couple years ago to greatly benefit the mass seller's and really hurt the little guy. I used to sell a good bit on eBay but the fees ate too much of the profit if I wasn't getting a sale on each listing. First renewal was free but then it added up. Facebook, forums and Craigslist are about it for me now.
An eBay "FIXED PRICE" listing will last for 30 days in length and the fee is about 8% to 10% of the Final Value Fee. Thus fee also includes shipping fees calculated at the same percentage.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I've been selling on eBay for over 18 years, the fees average out to about 15% of the total payment received including ebay, PayPal and the 10% premium for charging the buyer for actual shipping (for example if you use the eBay shipping calculator in the auction and the buyer pays the seller the $100 eBay calculated cost, eBay charges the seller 10%/$10 and the seller still has to pay eBay $100 for shipping received from the buyer). I had a couple of these same wheels in PVD chrome, new, staggered 1 front and 1 rear. I wanted them gone so I sold them for the going rate on eBay which was around $200 each + shipping. If you are in no hurry to sell and considering you have a complete set, I think $1K-1.4K is a fair number, plus shipping.