XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jaguar Performance Academy - It Rocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Jaguar Performance Academy - It Rocks

Although their website left much to be desired (like where to actually meet at the track) R Performance Academy - THE PROGRAM ROCKS - Wow, what a great deal of seat time (they herald as the most by far, this was my first) The instructors rock, great personality, great instruction, great cars (though the tires got fairly used by the afternoon) - 8:30-9am basic instruction - Chris Munro kept it informative and fun - then off to 3 tracks - a small road course, a figure 8 to work on drift, and an oval to work on lines - 6 people to a group -

18 overall (we had 17) and 2 cars on each of the 3 tracks at a time. Refreshment stations set up at each track - and a good, instructional fun time had for ! 2 hours - then over to the big track for a few laps with all of us (we were at Homestead in Miami) - Speeds roughly up to 8-100MPH in the XKR's and XFR's - we were there for ~ 40 min, then a nice catered lunch, then back to the tracks where we let it all go - 130MPH or so for 40 min +/- :

Then we went to the small track to get our new times using all we had learned - then an hour or so with the instructors taking us around for hot laps with them driving - Whoa did I learn what braking was! Track speeds were ~ 150MPH or so -

Nice gift back with a polo shirt, a hat, a pick with the blue XKR-S and the instructors. What made this experience? Instructors and drive time - 50/50 - Both components were awesome. Instructors were Chris Munro, Davy Jones, Michael Finch, Wes Hill, Morgan Kavanaugh, Roberto Guerrero, and Adam Andretti - All a class act and a little different to pair up well with the broad range of student personalities. I will definitely shell out $2500 for Level 2 school when they come back! The fact that this was free with the purchase of XKR (of XFR) made it a huge sales feature that my sales person never told me about.

Sign me up! Great time!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

That sounds like a great time. Glad to hear about someone going to it. I saw it mentioned somewhere on the new cars, only R models. Kind of not surprised the salesperson didn't mention it. There are a lot of details that lazy salespeople don't care about. I can only imagine how much fun that experience is!!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How long were the straights?

Tom

Last edited by TomServo; 10-03-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SkipM
Although their website left much to be desired (like where to actually meet at the track) R Performance Academy - THE PROGRAM ROCKS - Wow, what a great deal of seat time (they herald as the most by far, this was my first) The instructors rock, great personality, great instruction, great cars (though the tires got fairly used by the afternoon) - 8:30-9am basic instruction - Chris Munro kept it informative and fun - then off to 3 tracks - a small road course, a figure 8 to work on drift, and an oval to work on lines - 6 people to a group -

18 overall (we had 17) and 2 cars on each of the 3 tracks at a time. Refreshment stations set up at each track - and a good, instructional fun time had for ! 2 hours - then over to the big track for a few laps with all of us (we were at Homestead in Miami) - Speeds roughly up to 8-100MPH in the XKR's and XFR's - we were there for ~ 40 min, then a nice catered lunch, then back to the tracks where we let it all go - 130MPH or so for 40 min +/- :

Then we went to the small track to get our new times using all we had learned - then an hour or so with the instructors taking us around for hot laps with them driving - Whoa did I learn what braking was! Track speeds were ~ 150MPH or so -

Nice gift back with a polo shirt, a hat, a pick with the blue XKR-S and the instructors. What made this experience? Instructors and drive time - 50/50 - Both components were awesome. Instructors were Chris Munro, Davy Jones, Michael Finch, Wes Hill, Morgan Kavanaugh, Roberto Guerrero, and Adam Andretti - All a class act and a little different to pair up well with the broad range of student personalities. I will definitely shell out $2500 for Level 2 school when they come back! The fact that this was free with the purchase of XKR (of XFR) made it a huge sales feature that my sales person never told me about.

Sign me up! Great time!
sounds great, ive done a few of these and they are always a lot of fun. I had the chance to do the Viper one a couple of years ago but the dates were a lot more limited and it didnt work out might have to look more closely at XKs so i can do the school

Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TomServo
How long were the straights?

Tom
Here they are - this was the big track, not the 3 shorties -

Mike Finch lap of Homestead in 2012 Jaguar XK-R - YouTube