XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

keyless entry probs

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 07:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default keyless entry probs

I have had my Jag for 5 yrs.... absolute love it. Suddenly adopted an issue, amber warning on dash, and keyless entry using a battery every 3 weeks then dying !! Had new main battery fitted just to be sure its good for the winter months, but can't find out why the keyless is doing this. As soon as the battery gets low it won't unlock reliably. Need to sort it if anyone knows about this stuff ?

By the way... I am totally new here, so ain't got a clue if I am doing right in anything, so please don't be offended if I haven't done the " norm " !!

Old 11-27-2018, 07:20 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon C.
.... I am totally new here, so ain't got a clue if I am doing right in anything, so please don't be offended if I haven't done the " norm " !!
Welcome to the forum Gordon,

You are "doing right" if is this is about an XK.

Possibly sticking remote buttons. With keyless entry, I never touch my remote. It stays in a case in my pocket. There was an issue with early XK remotes where the back of the Smartkey case wasn't applying sufficient pressure to the battery to keep it against the contacts.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 11-27-2018, 07:40 AM

Hi, and thanks for a reply.... I know I did something right then !! Lol
Regarding the thob, I actually switched to the new ( other spare one ) and placed a new battery in that, but it does exactly the same. I am getting a list of fault codes too, some of which are related to the phone not working, and the stereo bit not working. But to be honest, they don't matter as such. More important is being able to trust I can enter and lock the vehicle at my leisure !!
I don't know if you have knowledge of fault codes.. but in case you can help, these are the ones.... U201F-13 B1000- 62 B1126-87 U3000-55 U3000-49 U3003-62

Mmmmmmmmmm..... I hope I don't sound like I am panicking toooooooooo much !! hahahaaa

Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,285 Posts

Most of the issues you’ve mentioned sound like main battery issues when the battery is low. You said you replaced it, but was it fully charged? May want to disconnect it and charge it overnight with a regular charger (not a maintainer or trickle charger). Could possibly be a dud new battery too, not unheard of.
Could you tell us the brand and model of code reader you used? Most cheapies won’t give that full code reading.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:31 AM

Hi , Cheers for your reply !!
The main battery is fine, has been checked and double checked. As is the one which we switched with... but better safe than sorry. Its the batteries in the thobs that are getting drained somehow every 2 to 3 weeks. The fault codes were from a garage reader... think it was a Autel reader, but model etc I don't know. ( the guy did it secretly for me while his boss was out of the way. ) hahahaa
There is the on going PSS warning coming up and going off daily too.... but I understand that to be a common issue. Will get that bypassed at some stage. Just need to find the reason for these thob batteries going down so quick, must be a drain of some sort ?

Sorry if I sound thick, but if it was made of timber I'd be fine and sort it !! Lol