XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mirrow puddle lamps

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Mirrow puddle lamps

I thought the puddle lamps were on the door, was told today they are on the mirrors. This information came from Jaguar, which the local shop was talking to about my puddle lamps. The lamps on the door are call courtesy lamps, not puddle lamps. The mirror puddle lamps need to be turn on using the CCF setting. What about the two door lamps? Have a local shop looking at it. They turned on mirror lamps, which I do not have, said he would find some aftermarket ones if I wanted them. They didn't know I meant door lamps since I called them puddle lamps. Any thoughts on this?

Old 08-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Darve62
I thought the puddle lamps were on the door, was told today they are on the mirrors. This information came from Jaguar, which the local shop was talking to about my puddle lamps. The lamps on the door are call courtesy lamps, not puddle lamps. The mirror puddle lamps need to be turn on using the CCF setting. What about the two door lamps? Have a local shop looking at it. They turned on mirror lamps, which I do not have, said he would find some aftermarket ones if I wanted them. They didn't know I meant door lamps since I called them puddle lamps. Any thoughts on this?
Your post sounds confusing........what are you trying to do? or acheive?

Old 08-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Default Puddle lamps

Confusing to me also. The lamps on the bottom of door sills I thought were the puddle lamps, which mine do not work. Asked local shop to find problem with puddle lamps and was told they turned on the puddle lamps, which are located on outside rearview mirrors, not lamps on door sills. Shop's contact with Jaguar confirmed they were able to turn on the mirror puddle lamps. Will talk to shop tomorrow and see what they found out about door sill lamps. Did not know Jaguar put puddle lamps in the mirror which turn on when you remotely unlock your car, learned this today. Would like door sill lamps to work.

Last edited by Darve62; 08-19-2015 at 10:50 PM. Reason: change wording
Old 08-20-2015, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,159 Likes on 3,090 Posts

??? I didn't know the mirror lamps had to be "turned on". Mine have always worked when unlocking from the outside. The lights on the door have also always worked.
Straight from the User Manual:
Door guard and puddle lamps
Door guard lamps are fitted to each door to give warning of an open door to passing
vehicles. Puddle lamps illuminate the step out area at night.
Each lamp comes on automatically when the door is opened. If the door is left open the
lamps remain on for approximately 15 minutes after returning from convenience mode to
power off.

Therefore, I'd assume that the RED part of the door bottom light is the Door Guard Lamp and the WHITE part that shines down is the Puddle Lamp. Being as how the Mirror Lights do not illuminate when the doors are opened from the inside, they would not light the "step out area" as the door light does.
The only reference I could find of the Mirror Lights is:
Convenience mode
When the door is opened using either the Jaguar Smart Key or keyless entry, the
vehicle’s electrical system initiates the convenience mode. The following systems
become functional:
Memory.
Seat and steering column adjustment.
Interior and exterior lighting.
Message centre.
Auxiliary power socket.

So, there ya go.

The following users liked this post:
Darve62 (08-20-2015)
Old 08-20-2015, 09:37 AM

My XK does not have the mirror lights, and the door light do not work when the door is opened. As far as I know this is the only thing not working on my car. Thanks for the input Cee Jay.