Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New alarm siren box fitted

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts
Default New alarm siren box fitted

I have replaced the alarm siren box in my car as mine was not working, due to wet from washing i think and just had it's day, had a finger clicking noise as i posted in a previous thread. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to do, and is under the bonnet on the right hand side under the pedestrian airbag unit. Here's how,
Remove black trim panel adjacent to the coolant reservoir, the siren box is located under the bonnet airbag unit.
This part is up to you, Disconnect battery, or don't bother. I didn't as i wanted no codes. I talked to a few mechanics who all said as long as the ignition wasn't on, no power would be coming to the airbag unit. Next i remove 4 x 10mm bolts on the bonnet airbag unit, and pulled it out a bit, then i had to loosen 4 x 10mm bolts from the frame unit that hold the airbag. 2 are at the top and 2 down under the brake fluid reservoir. When you lift out the frame a bit you have room to disconnect the airbag unit. That was the hold breath moment, Some other wires are held to the frame with plastic retainers, just push them off and lift away frame and airbag. You'll then be able to get at the siren box which is held by two 10mm nuts, just loosen them, don't undo them completely as there is no need to. Pull out unit remove connector, put in new one and do the reverse of all i have said. Mine never had a beep noise when double locked, but has now. No codes or issues after.

You'll get the beep from the siren box on double lock which confirms it works correctly.

I used a second hand Discovery 4 unit as its the exact same part and same part maker, the only difference is the 2 last letters,
OLD ONE: 6G9N-19G229-CE
NEW ONE: 6G9N-19G229-DG, THIS NUMBER IS ON THE XF MODEL TO.
Last two letters are probably for this more modern unit and can fit more vehicles, anyway it works.

Hope this helps if yours is gone or going, and a wee bit of money saved.

only £30 p&p on counter offer from this ebay seller,

Land Rover Discovery 4 Alarm Siren Module 6G9N 19G229 DG SDV6 2010 2013 | eBay

Attached Thumbnails New alarm siren box fitted-sa.jpg   New alarm siren box fitted-sa1.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by powerhouse:
franksm (02-27-2016), willow (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for this. My sounder has just stopped working. I was going to take it to the main dealer but I may give it a go myself thanks to your post. :-)

Old 05-17-2019, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I have replaced the alarm siren box in my car as mine was not working, due to wet from washing i think and just had it's day, had a finger clicking noise as i posted in a previous thread. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to do, and is under the bonnet on the right hand side under the pedestrian airbag unit. Here's how,
Remove black trim panel adjacent to the coolant reservoir, the siren box is located under the bonnet airbag unit.
This part is up to you, Disconnect battery, or don't bother. I didn't as i wanted no codes. I talked to a few mechanics who all said as long as the ignition wasn't on, no power would be coming to the airbag unit. Next i remove 4 x 10mm bolts on the bonnet airbag unit, and pulled it out a bit, then i had to loosen 4 x 10mm bolts from the frame unit that hold the airbag. 2 are at the top and 2 down under the brake fluid reservoir. When you lift out the frame a bit you have room to disconnect the airbag unit. That was the hold breath moment, Some other wires are held to the frame with plastic retainers, just push them off and lift away frame and airbag. You'll then be able to get at the siren box which is held by two 10mm nuts, just loosen them, don't undo them completely as there is no need to. Pull out unit remove connector, put in new one and do the reverse of all i have said. Mine never had a beep noise when double locked, but has now. No codes or issues after.

You'll get the beep from the siren box on double lock which confirms it works correctly.

I used a second hand Discovery 4 unit as its the exact same part and same part maker, the only difference is the 2 last letters,
OLD ONE: 6G9N-19G229-CE
NEW ONE: 6G9N-19G229-DG, THIS NUMBER IS ON THE XF MODEL TO.
Last two letters are probably for this more modern unit and can fit more vehicles, anyway it works.

Hope this helps if yours is gone or going, and a wee bit of money saved.

only £30 p&p on counter offer from this ebay seller,

Land Rover Discovery 4 Alarm Siren Module 6G9N 19G229 DG SDV6 2010 2013 | eBay
thanks for this information. I used it to change my siren box yesterday. Fiddly but do-able. I undid the bolts holding the metal wall on the right of the airbag frame (as you stand by the wing, spanner in hand) which gave me plenty room to work.