Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Squeak from rear..

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Squeak from rear..

Hi Guys,

I had a small incident on Friday and hit standing water. The left rear tire hit a small curb and popped. I was able to get a used tire to hold me over until a new one to match my other arrives.

The tire was installed and I was able to drive the car back to my garage (5 miles) and it seemed fine. Now I moved the car to go to the store and I hear a squeak that only happens when the car is moving (forward or backwards). It doesn't seem like suspension or anything as it happens even if I move a inch or two. Could this be the mismatched tires on rear causing the diff to squeak? The tires are different brands, but the same tire size. I wont drive the car anymore until I get matching tires on it...just curious if I have bigger problems. The car made no noise when I drove it back from tire shop.. Now its a squeak, squeak, squeak..it sounds like its coming from the rear. I lifted the car and the tire moves freely back and fourth and there's no noise.

Thanks!
Joe

Old 05-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Impact with a curb that causes a rear tire blowout could cause all sorts of other damage to the rear axle components including, but not limited to, a bent wheel, wheel bearings, axle shaft, differential gears, mounting brackets and bushings. I recommend that you call your insurance company and ask them if your collision policy covers damage caused by your accident with the curb, subject to your deductible. I think it should be, but check to be sure. I also recommend that you pay your Jaguar dealer to do an inspection for rear axle and suspension damage. The blown tire could be the tip of the iceberg.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I was hesitant to get insurance involved as I didn't want to damage the Carfax / insurance rates.. After thinking about it. I called my dealer and got a claim going. It just got loaded on a flat bed. It was noise I never heard before and I started thinking about all the stuff that could have gone wrong back there. My dealer is great and he will make sure he looks at everything. I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks again,
Joe