XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Synchronizing the air conditioning/heating

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Synchronizing the air conditioning/heating

In air condition menu there is a button "synchronize" (Not shure what it is in english, hope that is right). I noticed that the right side of car's ventilation gave much hotter air. so I tried this and now they seem to be on par - only it seems I get a bit hotter air than the temperature shows. For example 20 centigrades feels like 24 or 25. Is there a possibility to recalibrate the whole thing, not just one side compared to another?

Old 05-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Doesn't that take it out of dual air mode i.e. being able to control driver and passenger sides individually?

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,136 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Yep. The automatic climate control system enables both driver and passenger to independently set their own comfort level (temperature) and the system will automatically determine which vents to open or close, and continuously adjust the speed of the airflow until it reaches the desired temperature, at which point it will minimize the airflow.

By pressing the Sync button, the driver controls both driver and passenger sides. Of course, either driver or passenger can take the system out of automatic mode by turning the fan speed knob or pressing the increase (red) or decrease (blue) temperature arrows or by going into the Climate touchscreen menu and selecting whatever you want.

Holding the decrease (blue) temperature arrow down will activate Maximum Cooling and automatically direct the airflow to the upper vents, maximize the fan speed, and recirculate the air. Similarly, holding the increase (red) temperature arrow up will activate Hades Mode , turn up the heat and fan speed and and direct the airflow to the lower vents. Buttons below the touchscreen control inside air (recirculate) and defrost, which turns on the A/C and inside air and directs the airflow out of the defroster vents in the front of the dashboard.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Macc
In air condition menu there is a button "synchronize" (Not shure what it is in english, hope that is right). I noticed that the right side of car's ventilation gave much hotter air. so I tried this and now they seem to be on par - only it seems I get a bit hotter air than the temperature shows. For example 20 centigrades feels like 24 or 25. Is there a possibility to recalibrate the whole thing, not just one side compared to another?
The actual temperature of the blown air has little to do with the Set Temp position. It will blow either Hot or Cold air until the interior temperature reaches what the setting is on, then increase or decrease the output to maintain that temp.
Think of it this way.... if it is -20C ambient and you have it set to 25C and it BLOWS at 25C, it'll take FOREVER to warm up. So, the system will actively heat at a higher temp than is set so the interior will Reach 25C as soon as possible, by blowing much hotter air. Same, only reverse, for the A/C.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Erm. I think I understand (not fluent in english) but still. The desired temperature was the same on both sides, but passenger side _still_ blowed out much warmer air that driver side! Perhaps it then cured itself, but it wasn't definitely as it should be.

Cee Jay (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Macc
Erm. I think I understand (not fluent in english) but still. The desired temperature was the same on both sides, but passenger side _still_ blowed out much warmer air that driver side! Perhaps it then cured itself, but it wasn't definitely as it should be.
Look into the X150 service manual. Typically there will a valve on the engine coolant going to each side of the heater core and they'll fail over time. Either too hot or no heat.

Macc (05-04-2018)