XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

USB port

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB port

I just bought a 2012 XK convertible. When I plug my iphone into the USB port I cannot get the Jag Audio screen to see the phone for my itunes. I have followed the ownerws manual . The phone shows that it is charging in the port. but the car does not see the itunes. When I plug an old iPod into the iPod port it sees that!! I ask at the Apples store and they were useless. Any thoughts. Thanks

Old 03-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Check your phone settings, sounds to me like it is set to charge from usb. Should be some type of setting to upload from usb. If you don't have a phone manual, google for one. Just a thought.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Usb

I have the same problem with my 2009 XKR and a 4s iPhone
Just talked with Apple and they said I might need a firmware update
But I have no idea where to get that

Old 03-22-2015, 11:18 PM

I did the firmware upgrade to 8.0?. No help

Old 03-23-2015, 03:14 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

Originally Posted by johnsont
I just bought a 2012 XK convertible. ...........
Welcome to the forum johnsont,

I've copied your question from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to XK/XKR forum. This is the place to post tech questions about your model.

Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Graham

Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Are you plugging an Apple-supplied USB cable into the USB port, or plugging a Jaguar-supplied 30-pin cable directly into the phone? The latter is what you should be doing - I don't know what happens if you plug an Apple device in via USB.

If you're using the Apple cable because your phone has a Lightning connector, you need a 30-pin-to-Lighting converter to attach to the Jaguar cable:

Lightning to 30-pin Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

I use one with my iPhone 6 - works fine.

The following users liked this post:
johnsont (03-23-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 03:30 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I use a USB flash memory stick. I copied all of my stuff from iTunes and elsewhere to the memory stick. When I access the usb memory stick it even shows albums and folders for easy access.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,157 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I use a USB flash memory stick. I copied all of my stuff from iTunes and elsewhere to the memory stick. When I access the usb memory stick it even shows albums and folders for easy access.
I also use a flash stick for all my music, 128 GB stick I leave in the car all the time. I may have overdone the size however, I only have 40GB of music, about 8600 songs.
Not imported from itoonz tho, I won't subject myself to proprietary money-gobbling corporate shenanigans. There are hundreds of places to get all the Free music you want, as long as it's for your personal use and you don't distribute it.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:25 PM

Thanks. I just got back from the Apple Store. The 30 pin connector was the answer when connecting my iPhone to the iPod cable instead of the USB. I am going to try the Memory stick in the USB as well. Thanks to all who answered and to the Forum for being there.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 243 Likes on 169 Posts

Similar question- I use Spotify (streaming service) for my music, through my iPhone 6. Is there Bluetooth audio streaming, or does the Bluetooth only work for phone calls? Has anyone been able to use Spotify via the USB connection?

Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Default Bluetooth Streaming

I use and love the ViseeO Air2Tune product for Bluetooth streaming.
Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories
It plugs in to the 30 pin IPod port and allows streaming of music. Bluetooth in dash only supports phone connectivity for making phone calls. Shame on Jag for not supporting music streaming even on my 2014 XKR. Although I can't stay mad at Jaguar when I hear the engine growl. I think that's the point. The engineers didn't want any music distracting you from the gorgeous exhaust sound.

01Silverstone (03-24-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 12:18 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngarara
I don't know what happens if you plug an Apple device in via USB. .
Nothing happens. It doesn't work that way.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
Nothing happens. It doesn't work that way.
That's what I guess would be the case - it doesn't mount as a FAT32 device, which is what the car expects on the USB port.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LordMykel
Another vote for the Tune2Air product - has worked great for me.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 AM
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
Another vote for the Tune2Air product - has worked great for me.
do you lose any sound quality?

Muddydog (03-29-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories
It plugs in to the 30 pin IPod port and allows streaming of music. Bluetooth in dash only supports phone connectivity for making phone calls. Shame on Jag for not supporting music streaming even on my 2014 XKR. Although I can't stay mad at Jaguar when I hear the engine growl. I think that's the point. The engineers didn't want any music distracting you from the gorgeous exhaust sound.
Another shout out for the ViseeO device. Ordered from Amazon, plugged it in to the 30 pin cord and it works perfectly. I can now stream tunes from my iPhone 6 wirelessly. Everything is controllable with the touch screen in the car and/or the steering wheel controls. Even gives the name of the song on the screen in the car. The car is a 2012 XKR.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:12 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Does VisseO work with Android, particularly a Samsung Note 4? If so, does it give full access to song folders for easy access. Sequentially traversing all songs to find a particular song would be a pain in the ****. With a USB flash stick I have access to folders for easy selection.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DGL
Does VisseO work with Android, particularly a Samsung Note 4? If so, does it give full access to song folders for easy access. Sequentially traversing all songs to find a particular song would be a pain in the ****. With a USB flash stick I have access to folders for easy selection.
I am going to assume that it would work with your Samsung much like it does with Windows Phone. It will play music just fine and the steering wheel controls will let you adjust the volume and skip tracks but you won't see track info displayed on the car's screen. You'd be better off to use your flash drive for your music collection but if you want to stream Pandora, XboxMusic, Rdio, or an Audible book from your phone you're going to need something like the Viseeo. Good news is that you can use both. The Viseeo plugs in to the iPod cable so you just select the iPod source when you need to stream.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Default just ordred

I am going to assume that it would work with your Samsung much like it does with Windows Phone. It will play music just fine and the steering wheel controls will let you adjust the volume and skip tracks but you won't see track info displayed on the car's screen. You'd be better off to use your flash drive for your music collection but if you want to stream Pandora, XboxMusic, Rdio, or an Audible book from your phone you're going to need something like the Viseeo. Good news is that you can use both. The Viseeo plugs in to the iPod cable so you just select the iPod source when you need to stream.
Thanks I just ordred the Viseeo from Amazon. Thanks for the link and tip

Old 04-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

I prefer my old iPod Nano 5th Gen for listening to "my" music in my 2009 XKR since it (1) simultaneously charges and plays using the OEM iPod cable (1st version) and Scosche charging adapter, (2) displays song info on the touchscreen, (3) operates from the steering wheel controls, and (4) everything fits inside the armrest storage compartment with the lid closed, where it permanently resides. I have it set on shuffle, since I like not knowing what's next.

Since don't have another old iPod, I use my Galaxy S3 to Bluetooth stream my music in my 2013 XJ. It works fine with the steering wheel controls and touchscreen, but whenever I get a text or email notification the music is interrupted for a second or two, which is annoying. And I have to keep an eye on the battery since I don't keep the phone plugged in to keep it recharging.

I have no need for a Bluetooth adapter for my XKR, as my iPod works better.

Quick Reply: USB port