XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XK wind deflector

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default XK wind deflector

I am looking to buy a wind deflector for my XK conv. I read a couple of older threads on the subject, but they weren't conclusive. If I saw it right the current options are:

1. Jaguar OEM version
2. Mina Gallery version
3. Adamesh version

The jag version is crazy expensive, and doesn't even really look better. But, has anyone made some experiences with either the Mina or the Adamesh models?

Mina is more spendy than the Adamesh, but I like that no installation is required. As much as I love cars, as much I am stupid when it comes to repairing or installing something in them. Now it looked like the wind deflector should be an easy install, even someone like me can do.

I appreciate any info, experiences or other suppliers I might not know of.

Cheers!

Marko

Old 08-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Adamesh, I think, is the favorite. I've been meaning to pick one up myself -- I just haven't yet. I keep having other projects come up that require the budget!

The following users liked this post:
gctippett (05-23-2022)
Old 08-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Ooo -- You're also from Washington. Nice to see another Washington XK owner on the boards.

gctippett (05-23-2022)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:12 AM

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and ordered with Adamesh. I will report on the experience.

Nice to meet you as well! Maybe we see each other in the local North-West section.

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM

Believe it or not, the deflector arrived this morning. That is 2 days after I ordered!!!

Despite the many "Handle with care" stickers, the package was torn in several places and looked pretty beat up overall. Luckily, the deflector itself was fine. It took me only about 5 minutes to put the thing in. I did it even before my first coffee, and I usually don't even talk before my first coffee. I guess the Jag bug got me!

After several coffees I took my baby out for a test drive. The difference is large, not huge, but large. I'm a pretty tall guy, so some of my top hair still gets the wind, my girlfriend was completely calm in normal city driving. Well worth it. Including shipping, I paid just over 300 bucks.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Now that I've put a few miles on my new XKR, I've realized the need for a wind-deflector. I just ordered the one from Mina Gallery; it came out to a whopping $7.00 less than the Adamesh (w/shipping). I didn't even know about the Adamesh unit until I did an advanced search, (after I ordered the Mina ) I'll report on it's fit/finish/functionality once I install it and take a few rides.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by intdiamond
Now that I've put a few miles on my new XKR, I've realized the need for a wind-deflector. I just ordered the one from Mina Gallery; it came out to a whopping $7.00 less than the Adamesh (w/shipping). I didn't even know about the Adamesh unit until I did an advanced search, (after I ordered the Mina ) I'll report on it's fit/finish/functionality once I install it and take a few rides.
Cool, let us know how the Mina gallery one works. I was looking at that one too.

Toppntch (01-28-2013)
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi,

Any updates on this? How are the various wind deflectors? and does anyone know if I can get one in Dubai / Abu Dhabi ?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM works great if you can get one at a good price

XKR 2012 - new OEM wind deflector just installed - a bit of a fiddle in the back seat fuse box area without much light to work with as the top has to be up when doing it, but what a difference it makes when on. Quiet, refined, no blow in from the back seat, and really worthwhile.
Got one from UK at a really good price, hardly a hundred dollars more than an aftermarket one.

Only pain is that the rear view mirror now has a silver line in the middle of it from the top of the deflector, which makes the marginal vision a bit worse when driving top up. Anyway, when top down it is magic. Should have come as a factory fitted standard item i think.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Just got mine from Adamesh. Have not put it in yet. will let you know more after installation. Total cost about $400 delivered to my door after leaving the UK yesterday. Amazing!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

Installed Adamesh deflector last night. Hardest part was opening the packaging. total install (after package opened and instructions read) 3-4 minutes NO TOOLS required!!! will give review and picks in a day or two.

Adamesh link: Adamesh | auto accessories | jaguar x type | jaguar accessories

Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the Jag OEM version. I got it thrown in when I bought the car. It makes a difference, I wouldn't call it fantastic, but, pretty good. I think I expected a little more out of it. It would be interesting to be able to compare them all. I do like the fact that it stops a lot of wind in the foot well area, makes the heater more effective when it's cold. I hardly ever have the top up and almost always wear shorts and flip flops. It sounds to me like the aftermarket deflectors may be better and they gotta be cheaper.

On the same topic, I adapted a deflector from a Lexus SC430 to fit my XJS. I didn't know they are available in the aftermarket. The difference in that case is huge. Stopped almost all the wind in the passenger area and also allows me to keep windbreakers etc. in the package area without things blowing out or around.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member

There is another thread on this forum dealing with wind deflectors - specifically the Adamesh deflector. It has pictures so I won't be adding any. There were postings to this thread today.

I used the deflector with the top down today and I am very pleased with the result. ride is quieter and there is significantly less wind buffeting. As a matter of fact, I am able to leave light hings like a hat and box of Kleenex in the back seat and not worry about leaving a trail of Kleenex or losing a hat at 60+ mph. I don't hesitate to recommend the Admesh deflector over the Jaguar deflector from either a cost or an appearance viewpoint.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll share a trick we figured out when using the Adamesh. After a while, the 2 pins that hold it in place in the back will jiggle and become loose when installed. We bought a short piece of clear tubing (about size of a pencil) in the plumbing or gardening area of Home Depot. Cut 2 2" pieces and slid over the 2 black pins. It makes the fit 100% snug, you cant see them and ensures the whole darn thing doesn't come flying loose on the back end (I read this risk/solution somewhere on our site I think). I LOVE it! The ONLY down side is that the screen's density is just a TINY bit heavy enough you can't really see if those dots are a luggage rack or police car lights. :-)

Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Question on OEM Wind Deflector

Originally Posted by Terry
I have the Jag OEM version. I got it thrown in when I bought the car. It makes a difference, I wouldn't call it fantastic, but, pretty good. I think I expected a little more out of it. It would be interesting to be able to compare them all. I do like the fact that it stops a lot of wind in the foot well area, makes the heater more effective when it's cold. I hardly ever have the top up and almost always wear shorts and flip flops. It sounds to me like the aftermarket deflectors may be better and they gotta be cheaper.
Would anyone with OEM wind deflector answer a question and maybe post a few photos?

I have the Mina Gallery, and have used the Adamesh. Both have the same issue for me. I'm tall, and keep the seat all the way back, slightly reclined. I have to move the seat forward a little to push up the deflector as it leans toward at an angle and hits the back of the headrest unless I move forward a little. The back of the headrest is about 1 inch forward of the bar that locks in place on each side.

Does the OEM version angle forward with the bottom in line with the mounting holes? If so, how far (not sure best way to measure it)....

Trying to figure out if the OEM is set up differently than the aftermarket ones. I'm able to go topless in colder weather and the wife's hair doesn't slap her around at freeway speeds, so I might consider buying the OEM one if the design is better.

Side view photo and a photo of the cross bar/bars would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

ct,

I will take a look at mine today and see if I can get a couple of pics with the seat all the way back. I will also measure the angle of the verticle screen portion. I will probably have to e-mail you a pic because I don't know how to post them on here.

Terry

ct6978 (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Terry
ct,

I will take a look at mine today and see if I can get a couple of pics with the seat all the way back. I will also measure the angle of the verticle screen portion. I will probably have to e-mail you a pic because I don't know how to post them on here.

Terry
Appreciate it Terry, that should do the trick.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I been looking for a good deflector for my 2013 XK. Your posts are a big help. Saw this one today though. Seems to solve the problem with blocking rear view mirror. But, expensive.
Roland Heidl Automobiltechnik

Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by DER_Jag
I been looking for a good deflector for my 2013 XK. Your posts are a big help. Saw this one today though. Seems to solve the problem with blocking rear view mirror. But, expensive.
Roland Heidl Automobiltechnik
Seems to be a minor variation on the Mina/Adamesh version with slight "bulges" behind each head rest, but essentially the same. Not sure it will be any different for the rear view mirror.

Anyone have any interest in a slightly used (couple of road trips) Mina Gallery version? I found that I was too tall as my head rest rubbed against the screen too much when I had my seat all the way back. I tested a OEM version, thanks to Terry, and found it allowed you to go further back.

Last edited by ct6978; 04-23-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I too am tall, 6'2". I would need to test the Heidl version, unless someone on here has one. Guess I do need to take a look at the OEM version. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: XK wind deflector