XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XKR Steering Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XKR Steering Wheel Alignment

Hi, I need some help with understanding how this might have happened and, of course, how to solve this. My turn signals do not cancel out after making a right hand turn, turning left works fine.. I figured the turn signal switch was bad so I got a new (used) switch and replaced it but still had the same problem. The new (used) switch came with a clock spring so I can see that both old a new switches work correctly. But I did notice that the clock spring on the car has an arrow on it and it is not aligned with the steering wheel if wheels are straight. So I’m pretty certain my turn signal not canceling is because of the misalignment of clockspring to steering wheel. A couple of months ago the Jaguar dealer replaced the steering wheel with a brand new identical steering wheel. Is is it possible to somehow misalign the steering wheel to the clock spring when replacing the wheel? I’m trying to understand this before I go back to the dealer. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 666 Likes on 451 Posts

Yes it's entirely possible if the problems started occurring following their work.

So I'd definitely be blaming them and getting them to rectify

Old 11-17-2018, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkyUK
Yes it's entirely possible if the problems started occurring following their work.

So I'd definitely be blaming them and getting them to rectify
I agree on this as if I ever have any service work done on my car I use a mental check list to verify that all features work along with an after inspection of the car to make sure there is not damage to inside or outside of car. If anything is different then before I brought the car in it does not leave the service area . Take it back.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 666 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I agree on this as if I ever have any service work done on my car I use a mental check list to verify that all features work along with an after inspection of the car to make sure there is not damage to inside or outside of car. If anything is different then before I brought the car in it does not leave the service area . Take it back.
Plus I always ask for the service parts replaced in a sealed plastic bag...which I supply...any fluids they can keep...I just don't trust anyone!

Incidentally OP why did you have the wheel changed in the first place?

Old 11-18-2018, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

You should be able to turn it lock to lock and have it go more than once around and find where the reset pawl is for the right hand turn. Put a piece of masking tape at the top on the steering wheel. Then do the left and mark that too. If you have two pieces of tape and they aren't equal compared to the wheels position with the tires pointing straight ahead, the dealer did something wrong.

Honestly since they were the last in there, I'd have them back into it. That work should be covered.

The following users liked this post:
Blurubi (11-18-2018)