XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 rear view mirrors inop

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts
Default 02 rear view mirrors inop

My 2 door mounted mirrors do not adjust. All of the fuses and relays are OK and the correct size fuses are in place. Windows work fine. Took control module out of door but have no idea how to test it. Wires and connections look ok. Expensive to replace at $150.00 to see if it's working !!
Suggestions Please !!!

Ken in WV....

Old 08-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

Just to be clear ...............

With rocker switch on "left" - no left side movement.
With rocker switch on "right" - no right side adjustment.
With rocker switch in centre - no autofold when joystick pulled back.
With rocker switch in centre, engine on and reverse engaged - pull back joystick - no auto-dip of passenger side mirror.

Yes ............... ??

Old 08-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Received 281 Likes on 203 Posts

Howdy Folks:
What a coincidence. The weekend before last, I had the same problem (except I do not have autofold). No combination of the mirror switching/ joystick operation would cause either mirror to move. I was fully prepared to do a post when I returned home. However, after turning the ignition off, leaving the car, and then upon return, everything was back to normal. Also, I just now went out and rechecked the operation, and all is still well.
I am still curious as to what happened.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:19 AM

Mirrors do not move in any position. took plug out and connections "appear to look ok". The pins are very small and they don't look corroded. Odd to me that both mirrors are inop ?? Plug back in and still no movement, ignition on or off, in gear and not. Cannot hear any sound from mirror motors.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

You must verify voltage to the switch. With the key on you should have power to the switch. No power? broken wire? disconnected wire? If power to switch, you have a faulty switch.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

As above - windows and mirrors share the same fuse, so not that. Power comes to the mirror switch on the Brown / White wire so see whether you have 12v there.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:34 AM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Replaced door control module on passenger side

I've just replaced the passenger-side door control module with a second-hand one bought off eBay for $50 with shipping. Now the window up/down and mirror controls are back and the error message "PASSENGERS DOOR OPEN" is no longer displayed when the door is closed, and locking/unlocking the door by the remote is back to normal. Petrol/gas refill hatch-release button works again.

However, the mirror dip when shifting into reverse has not been restored. Is there some reset procedure which must be executed to re-sync the mirror reverse dip, similar to resetting the window drop distance upon door latch pull? If I dip the mirror manually, it cannot be restored to its preset position by pressing either of the memory buttons. Is the mirror dip controlled by another module? TIA.

Last edited by Pristine97XK8Convertible; 08-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:10 PM

I have a gremlin stealing my memory. Besides all of the PTSD problems from RVN, I CRS. Was testing wires and had all my stuff in one bag, now forgot everything. I have a meter and a 12v source and forgot how to test this circuit for power... Please enlighten me for the umteenth time !!! Thanks from a 75 year young man (IMHO)... lol
Ken