XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 XK8 Radio not working

Old 04-27-2017, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 XK8 Radio not working

I've checked every fuse, but I can't seem to get the radio to work. Any ideas?

Old 04-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

Did you disconnect the battery? Think you might need the radio code, or does it not turn on at all?

Old 04-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

Mike - more information please.
Is there any sign of life ? Does the LCD illuminate. Is it radio, cassette & CD that don't work, or just the radio ? Does the "backlighting" work with the car light on (like the rest of the dash panel and instruments" ? Does the aerial (antenna) go up and down when you switch it on ?
Finally (and sorry if this sounds patronising) - you ARE pushing the volume button to switch it on aren't you ??

Old 04-28-2017, 04:38 AM
GGG
Received 16,758 Likes on 12,147 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Fair
I've checked every fuse, but I can't seem to get the radio to work. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum Mike,

You did PRESS the VOLUME button to power it ON ........? I only ask because I've lost count of the numbers who have ROTATED it thinking that powers it ON.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 04-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

also check and make sure the button for the metal tape is not pushed. I hit mine by mistake years ago and thought my radio was dead. Turn up sound on steering wheel and push buttons!

Old 05-11-2019, 05:02 AM
Default 2000 xk8 radio issue

Originally Posted by JBzXJ40
Did you disconnect the battery? Think you might need the radio code, or does it not turn on at all?
Have same issue with mine. Driving along everything working perfectly. Suddenly the radio turns off and the aerial goes down...the display said code but as I was driving I didn't have the code to hand so I turned the radio off now I have the code in hand the radio display won't come on so how do i enter the code? Also the aerial doesn't come up.....any help greatfully received. Paul

Old 05-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,416 Likes on 754 Posts
Default Easy way to view the back of radio deck unit

Maybe the radio connectors at the back have come loose. There is an easy way to see the back of the radio deck unit from the RHS ((LHD version) passenger footwell. Just pull carpet back. There is also a big earth cable from the radio there which could be a source of problems.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by DavidYau
Maybe the radio connectors at the back have come loose. There is an easy way to see the back of the radio deck unit from the RHS ((LHD version) passenger footwell. Just pull carpet back. There is also a big earth cable from the radio there which could be a source of problems.
Thanks David. I will give that a try