Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confession Time - I found the WOT...finally

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts
Default Confession Time - I found the WOT...finally

I have to make a confession...and it's pretty funny, but hey, sharing is healing. I purchased a 2003 XK8 vert about 3 months ago, and haven't stop telling myself how much I love this car. A few pics...

After joining a couple forums, I read a post about a guy who had an XK8, raced another car, I think it was a spiced up civic or something, and he lost. He said he thought he was doing something wrong, and the 290hp should whipe the street with that Honda. I think he also asked advice on the best 'procedure' for street racing, meaning gears and RPM from the line.

Anyway, that got me thinking, why I had slammed the pedal to the floor a few times in the 30 or so days since I owned the Jag, and it didn't feel to me like 290hp under the hood. I was a little disappointed, thinking that maybe the 'life' in my car had expired during its 4 year stretch with the previous owner, that perhaps she (the car) wasn't taken very good care of, etc. I thought Beth (the car's new name, short for Elizabeth...sounded British to me) was a gimp. Anyway, an SUV pulled right out in front of me on an access road and blocked my lane of traffic...trying to cross over two more lanes. Having a hard day at work, and i had just left the office, I was a little peaved by the rude behavior of my fellow motorist. I stopped...pulled around the SUV...and punched it! I heard this CLICK beneath my feet and Beth jumped a little sideways as I rounded the Escalade XLT. My heart lept a bit, and I went up to the next light. What was this that I had just found...a magic button of speed?At the next light, I pushed JUSTa little bit harder than the normal pedal-to-the-floor motion, and the CLICK was heard again...and Beth shot off. I had found pure adrenaline!

I took some pictures of my new best friend when I got home.

I was always used to the linkage in the throttle body to take the car to the 'WOT" position. Never in my life did I have a button at my, albeit foot-tips (instead of fingertips). I mean, if that was the case, how about a button on the shifter, or like Bond, right on the steering wheel itself.

Thought I would share my newcomer experience to the Jag lifestyle, and hope you got a chuckle as i did out of the experience.Its always full of suprises, that's for sure.But when the Sonic carhop always compliments your car every time you drive in, you know you're doing somethingvery right.

later! Matt

Old 08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Confession Time - I found the WOT...finally

You found the kickdown switich. Happy motoring!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 on the kick down! WOT FTMFW!!! Congrats man, it'll be a lot more fun with chicks in the car, even if it's your wife! Even better if it's the chick on the side...lol, j/k!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you took some great pictures there man. And i never saw an actual "button" for the kickdown before...strange, cool, but strange.