XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If Anyone Wants An 06 XKR Convertible For A Great Price Heres A Deal Under $24,000

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Arrow If Anyone Wants An 06 XKR Convertible For A Great Price Heres A Deal Under $24,000

Found this while browsing thought I might share.

06 XKR Convertible 49k Miles asking $23,900

Cars for Sale: 2006 Jaguar XKR Convertible in Redondo Beach, CA 90278: Convertible Details - 316387659 - AutoTrader.com

Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Looks nice and Redondo Beach is an area where cars like these definitely fit in. I am guessing the car was well taken care of but, like other beach cities, the car should be looked over completely for any ill effects from the nearby salt water environment.

Doug

Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Sam: This is the car for you !!! Right color, low miles, way let "Bugs" , and 390 large HP!!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member

Here is one of the new generation that looks like too good a deal (2007 XKR with about 23,000 miles for $24K!!):

2007 Jaguar XKR, $24,000 - Cars.com

Doug

Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

That does look too good to be true.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM

Thank You

Print This Page

Thank you for your interest in the 2007 Jaguar XKR. Your information is on its way to the seller, who will follow up with you as soon as possible via the email address or phone number you provided.

FRAUD ALERT: DON'T FALL FOR INTERNET SCAMS.
  • NEVER wire money via Western Union, Moneygram, etc. to purchase a car from someone overseas. You will most likely lose all your money.
  • If a car is priced far below market value, it likely has a salvage title (meaning it was declared a total loss at some point) or is a fraud designed to lure bargain hunters.
  • Cars.com does NOT participate in the transaction in any way. We do not collect deposits or payments, warehouse any vehicles, or verify the identity of any seller. If you see an e-mail purporting to involve Cars.com, please DO NOT RESPOND TO THE MESSAGE. Instead, please forward to reportascam@cars.com.

Even though the vast majority of listings are legitimate, there is no substitute for healthy skepticism. Don't let your guard down for a deal that sounds too good to be true, because it probably is.

For more information, visit our Safe Buying & Selling blog or our Fraud Awareness tips

Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Here is one of the new generation that looks like too good a deal (2007 XKR with about 23,000 miles for $24K!!):

2007 Jaguar XKR, $24,000 - Cars.com

Doug

Doug - this is a frequent mode of scam. The car on the picture is from a DFW-based indy dealer called 'Texas Cars Direct'. The dealer is quite credible, and specialize in Jags.

There was another ad a while back - similar type - for a Gold 08 XKR cabrio. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I emailed and stating interest and got the whole sphiel about being overseas, paying with Google pay etc etc .....

Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM

This is the reply I got on the '07 XKR:"Thank you for the interest in the car.The offer is still available, but so you know this is a repossessed car. I am an agent representative of an auto-repossession company, a hidden market type of business which the general public knows little about.

If you want more details please let me know and i`ll answer any of your questions, and if you are interested in purchasing the car email me back , and i`ll prepare the car inventory and the condition report that we prepared for everyone who is interested in purchasing this vehicle.

Looking forward for your answer."

Kindest regards,

David Exline

Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

So you are saying the photo is not the actual car? On the other hand if there is a real 2007 XKR that has been repossessed then it might be legit. All in all though it is probably shady.

Doug

Follow-up: I sent an email inquiry from the cars.com ad telling the seller that the car looks the same as the one on Texas Cars Direct (I know it is the same as he apparently downloaded those pics) and asked, therefore, if his ad was fraudulent. I don't suppose I will get a reply by the old saying still holds: if it looks too good. . . .

Last edited by SeismicGuy; 02-22-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:36 PM

I'm not sure. I told him the car was $20K under valued. And I asked "why"? I haven't heard back from him.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

There was a similar thread a while back - and some members actually talked about trying to see how far this can be taken to ..... play along - so to speak ..... but forgot which section of the forum that thread was.

I'm just amazed that the pictures are really the same with the TCD website ..... down to the picture of the nav screen, yet the VIN are different.

On that gold XKR, the phone # was a non-working number. I'd venture out that it's prob the same thing here.

Not too long ago - there were a site called 'Extreme motors' and 'Kiki motors' that posed as car dealers selling repossesed cars.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

The 06 the price seems legit for what the seller is asking. The 07 price is definitely a scam. 07's prices are currently in high 30's.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default ^^^

Reminds me of the old saying, "You can't con an honest man."

While it may not be universally true, the idea is that the best marks are guys 'too clever by half', always looking for an unfair advantage.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I PREFER a Private Seller,,, My Bank (public place) and Cash...

You never get a better deal at a Dealership,,, then you would from a private seller....IMHO..

Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably a scam. I replied to a similiar ad on an 09XF Supercharged. Played along. The so-called seller claimed he was traveling in Washington state with his wife. Claimed to be a lawyer etc. said he had to leave the car in Oklahoma while he traveled, but he couldn't answer any specific questions about the car. Kept emphasing he wanted to be paid thru amazon. Etc. was clearly a scam. They often have cars priced far below market value by so-called individual sellers. They're usually all scams.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

A famous Con Man once said the easiest people to con are doctors and lawyers because they think they are too smart to be conned......maybe that explains why I am forever getting scr*w*d at repair shops.

"Oh that will only cost $500."..one week later..."Here is your bill for $2,000, we broke something."

I have a different take than the Demon Count.

My experience over the last 15 years is that the best deal on a used car is most often going to be buying a car that is 'off brand' for the dealer....a Honda trade in at a VW dealer etc.

They want to get rid of them fast and they are just a number to them. Usually you can get them below wholesale because they never 'pay' wholesale in the trade.

Private sellers tend to have a lot of emotional attachment to their cars and don't get that it is only worth what some one else is willing to pay for it on that day.

But Demon's technique works wonders when you are laying cash on the bonnet/hood minus 20% of the asking price.

cheers,

jj

Old 02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

The one time I bought a used car from a dealer was as JamJax suggests. It was 1970 and I had my heart on a Plymouth RoadRunner. These were pretty pricey for a young guy like me (at the time) and I was on a budget and could not afford a new one. Then I spotted an ad for a very low mileage almost new one at a Ford dealer and the car was exceptionally priced so I bought it. Since then I have also noticed that "off-brand" cars are generally good deals at dealerships.

The 3 other times I have bought used cars were always from private parties. One of those was not really a good deal but the car I wanted at the time (Audi 5000 Turbo back in 1983) was fairly rare and desirable and the private party had really babied the car so I bit the bullet.

On the flip side my present 2005 XKR was purchased from a private party in 2008 and I got a deal that was substantially below comparable local pricing. The guy was more of a collector type and had only driven the car about 600 miles in the year or so that he owned it. Also he cared more about making room for his next car than how much he would get for the Jaguar so he priced it low to sell quickly.

Doug

Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by jamjax

My experience over the last 15 years is that the best deal on a used car is most often going to be buying a car that is 'off brand' for the dealer....a Honda trade in at a VW dealer etc.
You've figured out my technique! Their own brands will sell at a premium for obvious reasons but they simply want to unload off-brands. And they still have their dealership reputation to maintain so they won't deliberately sell lemons. Another technique is to buy when the market crashes. I bought three cars in 2008-09 and sold two of them a couple years later for more than I'd paid.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

A DEAL is a DEAL no matter where the vehicle is purchased...

However I hate going to a dealer and haggle over what I am willing to pay and them trying to squeeze more out of me... Only to call me later in the day to say that he will sell the vehicle for what I was willing to pay... Now that is 2 trips... and the fun has just started,,, the next room is F&I and EVEN WHEN I REPEAT,,,I am paying cash and NO I DO NOT want a Warranty... They keep offering it,,, and then 3 hours later I have the car...

Private owner Sale goes more like this...

Nice Car... Do you have a clean title???

Yes??? Wonderful... I have CASH...

Will you take______????

Good...... Here,,, (exchange title and cash,,, No sales tax)

Thanks,,,, Good-Bye.....

In BOTH CASES you have to be able to a PROPER evaluation of the car you are looking to purchase,,, Lemons and problem cars can surface anywhere,,, from a private sellers to the Dealers....

Last edited by Count_Damonee; 02-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Default ^^^

I agree with all you said. Especially this: to get a decent deal from a dealership, you have to leave (make your disappointment palpable) and then come back later, ideally at their behest. Almost always!

Private parties seldom if ever require that maneuver.

Quick Reply: If Anyone Wants An 06 XKR Convertible For A Great Price Heres A Deal Under $24,000