XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ish member in Marbella.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile New ish member in Marbella.

It has been almost a month now since I drove my XK8 R back from Madrid, my first Jaguar .

It has been waxed twice, wheels cleaned after every trip out, although it is taken out of the garage once a week. I find myself in the garage with a polishing cloth, just loving the feel of the contours.

The leather fed and smells wonderful, purchased new wheel centers, have read the manuals cover to cover.

I plan to give this lady a full re-spray in it's original colour, Phoenix Red, rims to be re-surfaced, the engine bay is dustless and gleaming.

I am sorry if I am drooling, but in all my years of owning some of Britain classic sports cars, this Jaguar makes me smile each time I sit in her, and especially driving.

I thank the forum for so much advice and detail at my finger tips on every aspect of my Jaguar.

John

The following users liked this post:
GGG (09-27-2014)
Old 09-27-2014, 01:09 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

John,

I've moved you post from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to XK8/XKR forum. You'll find many members here who feel exactly the same way about their XK8's.

If you are still as keen on polishing, you can give my XK the treatment when I come back along the E15 through Marbella next year!

Graham

Calahonda (09-28-2014)
Old 09-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 677 Likes on 551 Posts

Welcome John to the club. You will find Jaguars are alluring mistresses and more than somewhat addictive. They are wonderful cars.

Enjoy and take her out of the garage more often. She'll thank you for it. These cars love to be driven.

Calahonda (09-28-2014)
Old 09-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

Good deal, enjoy. Funny I've had my 03 for about 5 months now, after a lot of work she's almost like new now and runs great. About 3 months in I was having second thoughts as to weather I would keep her as there was just some nagging issues that made me have second thoughts but just the other day I was driving at sunset through the upper elevations on Maui with the top down and thought to myself how much I had fallen in love with the car now that I had her sounding and running like I wanted. Yelp she's a keeper now, a high maintenance mistress indeed but a keeper none the less. This one will stay in my stable for a long time.

Calahonda (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 04:25 AM
Default Just brings a smile to myu face. :)

Graham, I would be delighted to clean your XK, I really do enjoy the detailing and pleasurable hours of polishing. Maybe meet for Coffee when your in Marbella next year.

Ps, I will supply the polish

Originally Posted by GGG
John,

I've moved you post from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to XK8/XKR forum. You'll find many members here who feel exactly the same way about their XK8's.

If you are still as keen on polishing, you can give my XK the treatment when I come back along the E15 through Marbella next year!

Graham

GGG (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 04:28 AM
Default Such pleasure

I so understand how you felt driving with the top down, and the feeling this car gives you, I do not know of another car I have owned that makes me feel this way, continue to enjoy.

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Good deal, enjoy. Funny I've had my 03 for about 5 months now, after a lot of work she's almost like new now and runs great. About 3 months in I was having second thoughts as to weather I would keep her as there was just some nagging issues that made me have second thoughts but just the other day I was driving at sunset through the upper elevations on Maui with the top down and thought to myself how much I had fallen in love with the car now that I had her sounding and running like I wanted. Yelp she's a keeper now, a high maintenance mistress indeed but a keeper none the less. This one will stay in my stable for a long time.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:30 AM

So addictive, can't stay out of the garage, I will drive her more often I promise

Originally Posted by Jag#4
Welcome John to the club. You will find Jaguars are alluring mistresses and more than somewhat addictive. They are wonderful cars.

Enjoy and take her out of the garage more often. She'll thank you for it. These cars love to be driven.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:31 AM
Default Thank you

So addictive, can't stay out of the garage, I will drive her more often I promise

Originally Posted by Jag#4

Last edited by Calahonda; 09-28-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Have posted twice, trying to delete, sorry.