Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overhead Garage Door Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts
Default Overhead Garage Door Buttons

I am looking for the rubber membrane and plastic cover for these. Anyone know the part numbers for these?

Here is a picture from an ebay listing for the entire overhead console, but I just want the black rubber part and the small plastic that goes over it:

Old 03-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

The picture is of an early "non rolling Code" cover. A 2000 should have the Homelink logo house in it.

Though the original Homelinks were Jag specific, ANY console version of homelink with oval buttons that look like this you see on E-bay should work with slight mods (and a little hot glue at worst).

Does your Homelink have red buttons?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Ungn
The picture is of an early "non rolling Code" cover. A 2000 should have the Homelink logo house in it.

Though the original Homelinks were Jag specific, ANY console version of homelink with oval buttons that look like this you see on E-bay should work with slight mods (and a little hot glue at worst).

Does your Homelink have red buttons?
It has the black buttons, its just the rubber membrane is beat up, and the plastic snap in cover is glued on because one of the retaining tabs is broken.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 80sRule
It has the black buttons, its just the rubber membrane is beat up, and the plastic snap in cover is glued on because one of the retaining tabs is broken.
Sorry, Red buttons underneath the black rubber membrane.

The posts on a non-Jag trim piece are a little stouter than the jag trim piece and use a dual prong, arrowhead shape instead of a single prong fishhook shape.

A little trimming and they will pop into the Jag console. Trim too much and a little hot melt glue may be required.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

The rubber buttons and the plastic bezel are PART OF THE OVERHEAD CONSOLE!!
I believe they are NSS (Not Sold/Serviced Separately)

Be aware that the early NON rolling-code button and later rolling code button assys are not interchangeable. The black rubber button assys are different lengths. The longer ones might be able to be shortened but I have not tried it.

When I worked at the Jaguar dealer I replaced DOZENS of damaged overhead consoles from conv top oil line leaks. No individual parts!!

I have BOXES of the consoles with swelled button assys from the conv top hydraulic oil leaking into the console. If I could get the buttons and bezels, I could return many to service.

good luck.

bob

Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by motorcarman
The rubber buttons and the plastic bezel are PART OF THE OVERHEAD CONSOLE!!
I believe they are NSS (Not Sold/Serviced Separately)

Be aware that the early NON rolling-code button and later rolling code button assys are not interchangeable. The black rubber button assys are different lengths. The longer ones might be able to be shortened but I have not tried it.

When I worked at the Jaguar dealer I replaced DOZENS of damaged overhead consoles from conv top oil line leaks. No individual parts!!

I have BOXES of the consoles with swelled button assys from the conv top hydraulic oil leaking into the console. If I could get the buttons and bezels, I could return many to service.

good luck.

bob
Bob,

You are totally correct. I just swapped out my '97 Homelink for a generic 2009 homelink off E-bay.

To solve the button height issue, I just cut some spacers out of the rubber from my old buttons. Works perfect as the new buttons are the same size as the original bezel.

I put pictures in the Homelink thread

The following users liked this post:
motorcarman (03-25-2016)