XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts car

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Parts car

I want a parts car. If anyone knows where one is that has been damaged in an accident or whatever else (I don't want to sacrafice a working one) that can be torn apart, please let me know.

My car is 98 XK8 Coupe with British Racing Green exterior and Cashmere interior.

Parts I'm after:
Centre console lid
Wheels
Wiper cap (the little plastic cap that covers the screw on the wiper)
Lug nut (preferably a few, just in case)
Hot girl
Driver's seat
Front passenger side seat belt bolt cover
Driver side boot light cover clip thing (it's the plastic piece that fits underneath the taillight)
Engine covers (the plastic pieces that dress up the engine a bit)

Likely more to come

I'm looking to pay used prices or take someone for a sucker. I have no soul. When it comes to my cars, I would rip off a crippled elderly lady who just lost her two kids and her grandkids in an accident and needs to sell the car to pay for the funeral. Okay maybe not that bad, but you get the idea haha

Last edited by Fedoraja1; 05-22-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Added more little things to the list
Old 05-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts
Default I can help!

The wiper arm nut covers are available in black from Lowes Home Centers. $2 per pair.

Less expensive than the one top boot hold down that I bought at the Jaguar parts counter for $4.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

My car is 98 XK8 Coupe with British Racing Green exterior and Cashmere interior.

Parts I'm after:
Centre console lid - Re-dye it.

Wheels - If you are looking for the OEM wheels, have them refinished.

Wiper cap (the little plastic cap that covers the screw on the wiper) -Available at Lowe's. See below. Better than OEM!

Lug nut (preferably a few, just in case) - Try a breaker yard. www.coventrywest.com

Hot girl - You are on your own!!

Driver's seat - Re-dye it.

Leather dye - Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products

Attached Thumbnails Parts car-xkr-wiper-arm-plugs.jpg  

Last edited by hlgeorge; 05-22-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

The centre console lid as actually broken. The leather is in great shape. It's the little flippy part up front of it that needs to be replaced. Not sure what it's called. Maybe a sunglasses holder?

OEM wheels will be to mount winter tires on. I could just buy the ugly black things but if someone is getting rid of a wrecked car cheap, might be worth the extra for the OEM.

Good calls on the wiper cap. I'm crossing the river tomorrow to open a P.O box in Port Huron, Mi. Will hit Lowe's while I'm over there.

The leather on the seat is actually pretty worn. I'm not sure it's even there anymore on the...bolster?... the outside edge where it always wears.

As for the lugnut, JAGBITS.com is based in Michigan so I'll have them mail them to my new P.O box. Not a bad price, $10 or so each. Sure beats shippng through customs (especially when Canada Post is on strike) or having it shipped to the Rev in NC then mailed up.

Added to the list:

Front passenger side seat belt bolt cover
Driver side boot light cover clip thing (it's the plastic piece that fits underneath the taillight)
Engine covers (the plastic pieces that dress up the engine a bit)

Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

The front of it is a cup holder and there are a few threads on here on some home-brew fixes. I think they may be in the FAQ, but I'm not sure.