Sponsored by:

Replaced Driver seat module now get Peckus D message for reset

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replaced Driver seat module now get Peckus D message for reset

(2002 XKR - added by GGG)

Hello!

I had my seat module replaced but now get a reset message "Peckus D" (Programming Electronic Control unit system). I looked this up and its a message to reset the module by using another Jag either same year 2002 or 2003 or older. I guess the seat module needs to come out put in another Jag to reset. Why on earth did Jag engineers do this?

I went to a dealer, no help. The mechanics I went to no help. Does anyone live in Massachusetts that can help?

Thank you.

Cindy

Last edited by GGG; 11-13-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: add Model & Year details
Old 11-13-2015, 12:09 PM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Welcome to the forum XXCalibar,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to XK8/XKR forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 11-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by XXCalibar
"Pecus D"
I had issues with my seat control module, too, and I came across this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-needed-60014/

You are probably looking at the same...

Best of luck, keep us posted.

The following 2 users liked this post by fmertz:
motorcarman (11-13-2015), XXCalibar (12-30-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Did you take the car to a Jaguar Dealer??
A Jag dealer is one place that should help with configuring modules to the vehicle.
You will likely need PDU, WDS or IDS and follow the Tech Tip I provided years ago.

I would be able to help but I'm something like 1800 miles away.

You might print out the Tech Tip and take it with you to the Jaguar Dealer. You can call Jaguar North America and see what they have to say about an incompetent dealer???????

They probably just don't want to mess with an 'OLD CAR' or the young mechanics (or older idiots) have no clue what to do. I worked with a BUNCH of them when I was at the dealer. I felt sorry for the customers that got stuck with the 'clueless' ones.

When you find a good one, request that only that person work on your car, even if you have to wait a few days.

bob gauff

Old 11-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts
Default Fix it

Originally Posted by XXCalibar
I had my seat module replaced
After re-reading the TSB, the repair scenario calls for a donor car for the programming. I could see a 2003 or newer cars coming in for service once in a while at one of the larger dealerships. You could drop off your module with the service manager and wait, I guess, IF they would be willing to help you. It is unlikely in my view as there is no benefit to the donor car, and the bracket to this module is weak and breaks off of its screws.

I can think of a couple other options:
  1. Check with a Jaguar dealer if a software update exists for the main computer, in the off chance the new software allows this seat module to be recognized and programmed. Long shot, but this could help you develop enough of a relationship that they could help with the donor car scenario.
  2. Give up on this particular module (sell it separately), and repair the old one. Issues with these modules have been identified a long time ago (the board rubs off on the hard shell case and the tracks break). There are folks on this list that offer repair services for a small fee. This is probably your best bet. Separately, the plastic lid to these modules are available separately and are very inexpensive, in case yours is broken.

And another thing: the passenger and driver modules can be swapped, in case you need to adjust your seat to drive around.

Best of luck, keep us posted.