Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotunda Ford WDS

Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Rotunda Ford WDS

Hi guys!
My first post here so let me introduce myself:
I'm a Brit now living in Phoenix Arizona. I recently bought a blue 2000 XKR conv. A few years ago I had a blue XK8 conv. and have ever since missed it so much that when I saw a blue R in my price range I couldn't resist. Wierd how (darker) blues seem to be so rare compared to the other colours.

OK so my question:
I'm not rich so am trying to do as much of my own work as possible on the car, but I keep running into needing an OBD2 tool. I am able to buy a Rotunda Ford WDS cheap, I know it probably wont talk to my car as-is, but would a Ford WDS be fully compatable with Jag WDS software (and if upgraded to it, then do everything a Jag dealer could do to my car?). If so, how hard/expensive/possible is it to get and install Jag WDS software and where is the best place to look? Google didn't come up with anything useful for used Jag WDS software, but it seems a few people on the forums already have it.

I'd like to figure this out before I buy the Ford WDS so I can save my cash if it wont be any use.

Thanks Guys,
Neil.

Last edited by JustNiz; 11-19-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNiz
Hi guys!
My first post here so let me introduce myself:
I'm a Brit now living in Phoenix Arizona. I recently bought a blue 2000 XKR conv. A few years ago I had a blue XK8 conv. and have ever since missed it so much that when I saw a blue R in my price range I couldn't resist. Wierd how (darker) blues seem to be so rare compared to the other colours.

OK so my question:
I'm not rich so am trying to do as much of my own work as possible on the car, but I keep running into needing an OBD2 tool. I am able to buy a Rotunda Ford WDS cheap, I know it probably wont talk to my car as-is, but would a Ford WDS be fully compatable with Jag WDS software (and if upgraded to it, then do everything a Jag dealer could do to my car?). If so, how hard/expensive/possible is it to get and install Jag WDS software and where is the best place to look? Google didn't come up with anything useful for used Jag WDS software, but it seems a few people on the forums already have it.

I'd like to figure this out before I buy the Ford WDS so I can save my cash if it wont be any use.

Thanks Guys,
Neil.
Neil go to http://www.motorcraft.com and I think they have software. I know they have calibration software for that WDS unit to reflash/recalibrate.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,062 Likes on 759 Posts

You can install the Jaguar software on the Ford unit, the units are 100% the same. It is a fantastic tool bytheway.