XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat cover for one - lets keep the cars looking good.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 136 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Seat cover for one - let's keep the cars looking good with recycled leather.

I just ordered some new skins. I am getting both driver and passenger covers to keep the seats looking the same. It would be a shame that the perfectly good passenger seat would go to waste. If I am not mistaken the upper portion is the exact same for driver and passenger and the bottom has a cut out for the control but could easily be patched with the extra leather and no one sees that section anyway.

I have a 99 with AGD - Oatmeal. I have not gotten the new parts yet so I would have to make sure the old ones come off okay but seems like this could be a win win. Those of us with new seats could sell the one still good for those looking for and economical solution and a perfect match to the original.

Any reason this would not work. If it does, we can use this thread to spread the wealth when we reskin.

The following users liked this post:
Jag#4 (05-14-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Scott
What part of ATL are you in??
I am near Lawrenceville .....I am also named Scott

I am planning on redoing my seats this fall/winter .... we'll see how well they come off and if they are worth "Recycling"

Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

I have my passenger 'dove' skin as well. Never thought to 're-purpose' it after my reskinning job.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Judging from your year of manufacture (99 Scott you have the classic one piece seats (buckets) if I am not mistaken.
Having a 99 myself I am currently going through the struggle of keeping the hide stretched, and found quite impossible to come by those little clips that lock the covers inside the plastic groove...
Does anyone know where could I get them? I have yet to find a seller carrying those...
Thank you in advance

Old 07-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I too have the one piece seats, but unfortunately do know where those can be found either (actually I haven't looked yet)

Can anyone tell me if the two pc seats (ie separate headrest) fit in the 2000 with the one pc??
I know this sounds like a lame question, but I simply don't know and as most of you know I am on my first Jag

Old 07-09-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by NiceCat
Scott
What part of ATL are you in??
I am near Lawrenceville .....I am also named Scott

I am planning on redoing my seats this fall/winter .... we'll see how well they come off and if they are worth "Recycling"
I live in Sandy Springs.

The shop that put on my new skins was " Tims Auto Upholstery " .

I shopped at 4 places and got huge price swings at putting on the covers I purchased on e-bay. Tim’s did a great job - it was a cool shop they had some great cars they were working on. I also had my carpet replaced for $600 bucks and that was a great move, it looks so much better. Let me know if you want to check it out.

My passenger seat came off really nice.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by dannyS
Judging from your year of manufacture (99 Scott you have the classic one piece seats (buckets) if I am not mistaken.
Having a 99 myself I am currently going through the struggle of keeping the hide stretched, and found quite impossible to come by those little clips that lock the covers inside the plastic groove...
Does anyone know where could I get them? I have yet to find a seller carrying those...
Thank you in advance
Are you looking just for the drivers side, I can look to see if they are still on my old covers. I got new ones with the new leather from Tops On Line

Old 07-09-2014, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by NiceCat
I too have the one piece seats, but unfortunately do know where those can be found either (actually I haven't looked yet)

Can anyone tell me if the two pc seats (ie separate headrest) fit in the 2000 with the one pc??
I know this sounds like a lame question, but I simply don't know and as most of you know I am on my first Jag
are you looking to by seat covers, if so there are plenty of places that sell them. I used Tops on line. Convertible Tops, Headliners, Convertible Top Parts, and OEM Seat Covers

Old 07-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyS
Thank you in advance
There is a TSB (501-25 see attached PDF file) covering the issue where the seat backs come loose on the one piece bucket seats.

I was able to get the little clips from my dealer (special order). They are packaged 1 to a bag & I ordered 30 (see photo) as the TSB says you should use 15 per seat. The part number was right in the TSB. I have yet to install them.

Attached Thumbnails seat cover for one - lets keep the cars looking good.-clips.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
501-25.pdf (36.4 KB, 138 views)
The following 4 users liked this post by bsprowls:
dannyS (07-10-2014), MRomanik (07-10-2014), RDMinor (08-29-2014), RJ237 (07-17-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 03:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I have my Jaguar with seat with wrinkles...and just bought new leather cover at e-bay (topsonline.com)
Is there any information to change the cover as DIT??
If not, I have to send my seats to repair shop
need advice
Thank you

Old 07-14-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Etsuji Makita
Hi I have my Jaguar with seat with wrinkles...and just bought new leather cover at e-bay (topsonline.com)
need advice
Thank you
If you have a 97-99 it is simpler but most of the DIY pictures I have seen were not great so that is why i took mine to a shop.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:51 PM

Yes I have 99 model and asked topsonline about "how to" but they do not have any information.

I will try by myself hope someone will give new advice

Old 07-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Etsuji Makita
need advice
Thank you

Are you happy with the quality of the topsonline seat covers. Are their claims as to exact replicas founded? I'm thinking of buying the kit as well.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:48 AM
Veteran member

I'm very happy with the quality of the topsonline skins. Stiching and leather is very good...fit is very tight.

The following users liked this post:
Rezzz (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts

Maybe you're missing a golden opportunity: list it (it/them) on the UK and Australian eBay sites. Then you could advertise to buy their opposite side, good cast-offs... There has to be something good come from their driving on the wrong side... ;-)

Old 07-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Veteran member

great idea Beav, I may try that!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

Just thinking the same. I could do with a good condition right hand side seat cover in oatmeal leather for my worn RHD 1999 drivers seat.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:18 PM

I am still waiting for topsonline's dispatch.
I will inform you when i get the parts.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:49 PM

last week I got topsonline's new skin
I am so happy with their product and also they made me happy it come with sin for center console!!

I have worked to change skin for both seat and just finished.
look at this photo

excellent!

it wasn't difficult to change the skin by myself

Attached Images   
Old 08-22-2014, 04:51 PM

these photos are my xkr with new skin

Attached Thumbnails seat cover for one - lets keep the cars looking good.-imag0041.jpg   seat cover for one - lets keep the cars looking good.-imag0043.jpg  

Last edited by Etsuji Makita; 08-22-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: seat cover for one - lets keep the cars looking good.