XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Its Going On 8 Months And I Love The Experience Driving A Jag XKR Best Car Ever !

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Arrow So Its Going On 8 Months And I Love The Experience Driving A Jag XKR Best Car Ever !

I feel so great driving my Jag XKR Convertible. Its been almost 8 months since I owned an XKR. When I picked up my car I fell in love right on the spot. I instantly turned into James Bond/Jeremy Clarkson type of character driving the Jag. I constantly check how beautiful my car is all the time I cant stop admiring how sexy it is. I can say one word "Gorgeous" thats what a Jag is. I dont care about BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo etc. Jaguar makes the most gorgeous and beautiful automobiles in the world. Jaguar has no equal other car manufactures cant even compare. Ever since I bought a Jag all the other cars on the road that's not a Jag doesn't matter to me. When I pull up to the stores or a restaurant I have arrived in my Jag that is. Everyone stops and stares when the XKR arrives. Jaguar gets the immediate attention of people when driving. Since ownership I have seen only 3 XKR's on the road 2 of them were coupes and one convertible which was the new body style. Can you say "Rare". Sure I could have purchased a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche etc, but I chose the to purchase the Jag XKR. Why ? Because I like the distinctiveness, luxurious, exclusiveness, and the uniqueness that comes with owning a Jag XKR. Its just something about owning a Jag that makes you as the driver feel unique on the road. Driving a Jag XKR is exhilarating and is the best driving experience ever. Nevertheless the 97-06 XK Body Style is the most gorgeous cars ever made. I love the experience with Jaguar and look forward to owning more in the future. Please feel free to share your wonderful experience.

Last edited by jagxkrtoofast; 06-24-2010 at 12:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Barry Leftwich (12-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice, you seem proud ! Enjoy your XKR

Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sure you are expressing the feelings of many of us that have turned to the brand for all of the reasons that you have mentioned. I had to make a practical compromise when I chose the XJR, but I too feel the same way about the car! Jags are truly beautiful unique cars that are a joy to own.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally agree with JagXKRtoofast. My XKR is the finest automobile I've ever even sat in...it makes me feel great just to start it every day. And to feel that rush every time I press even a little on the throttle...there are no words to describe it. I am so grateful to have this car..........

Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Man you folks are making me want an XKR instead of the new XJ when I'm up for a new auto in a few years...

Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Location: Marin County, CA, USA - Just north of San Francisco
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxkrtoofast
I feel so great driving my Jag XKR Convertible. Its been almost 8 months since I owned an XKR. When I picked up my car I fell in love right on the spot. I instantly turned into James Bond/Jeremy Clarkson type of character driving the Jag. I constantly check how beautiful my car is all the time I cant stop admiring how sexy it is. I can say one word "Gorgeous" thats what a Jag is. I dont care about BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo etc. Jaguar makes the most gorgeous and beautiful automobiles in the world. Jaguar has no equal other car manufactures cant even compare. Ever since I bought a Jag all the other cars on the road that's not a Jag doesn't matter to me. When I pull up to the stores or a restaurant I have arrived in my Jag that is. Everyone stops and stares when the XKR arrives. Jaguar gets the immediate attention of people when driving. Since ownership I have seen only 3 XKR's on the road 2 of them were coupes and one convertible which was the new body style. Can you say "Rare". Sure I could have purchased a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche etc, but I chose the to purchase the Jag XKR. Why ? Because I like the distinctiveness, luxurious, exclusiveness, and the uniqueness that comes with owning a Jag XKR. Its just something about owning a Jag that makes you as the driver feel unique on the road. Driving a Jag XKR is exhilarating and is the best driving experience ever. Nevertheless the 97-06 XK Body Style is the most gorgeous cars ever made. I love the experience with Jaguar and look forward to owning more in the future. Please feel free to share your wonderful experience.

And this is why we indeed have classics in our midst - and why we need the dedication of the experience and knowledge of this forum to help us keep them running! Thanks to all of you for what you do! DaleD

Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Jaguar is sporty, classy, sexy and mean and timeless all at the same time.... pretty rare.
Thank god for this forum where I can take care of it myself too.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I just love it when I read such threads
Jaguars are the most beautiful rides and totally stand out more than others .They're cars you wanna ooze all day long

Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,257 Likes on 563 Posts

Whenever my wife and I go out to eat I always try to park the car where I can see it, then I try to get a seat near the window so I can look at the car as we are eating. Weird, I know, but it makes me happy.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by cadillac
They're cars you wanna ooze all day long
No matter how you interpret this statement, you can't help but smile.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I could not say it any better than all of the above posts...I bought an 03 XKR with 37000 miles on it in April and I am stunned at the experience of ownership. Considering the cost of funerals and caskets these days, I kiddingly told my wife I want to be buried in this car. I can`t think of a better way to get to the "other side"!!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed- in my will I will require that it be in Sports Mode for the afterlife trip. Probably don't need it, considering where I'm probably going ...

Is Sports Mode helpful downhill?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPerlJam
Agreed- in my will I will require that it be in Sports Mode for the afterlife trip. Probably don't need it, considering where I'm probably going ...

It will still help you accellerate your trip!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DrPerlJam

Don't worry. I hereby absolve you of your sins. You own a Jag, after all.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

>>Originally Posted by cadillac<<

>>They're cars you wanna ooze all day long<<

Originally Posted by h20boy
No matter how you interpret this statement, you can't help but smile.
Well, I haven't oozed on my car, but I think I have oozed in it a couple of times!!

Old 06-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Reverend- I do feel blessed.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
Whenever my wife and I go out to eat I always try to park the car where I can see it, then I try to get a seat near the window so I can look at the car as we are eating. Weird, I know, but it makes me happy.
Yeah, it may be wierd but I do it as well. Except shes not my wife, just my girlfriend.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Yeah, it may be wierd but I do it as well. Except shes not my wife, just my girlfriend.
LOL! My wife actually prefers this because I used to always try to sit where I could see the TVs!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 AM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts
Default never did understand...

I never did understand why apparently so many people want to drive overpriced grey German boxes.
Its amazing how even the most expensive BMWs, Porsches and Mercedes are all sterile, emotionless, bland and too-common compared to looking at, owning and driving an XKR yet people still go out and buy them instead of Jags.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just this morning while coming to the office I was one of a threesome of cars: A Porsche Boxster, a Mercedes C-class convert, and my Jaguar XKR convert. I felt a twinge of pity for the owners of those cars...I hate to sound elitist, but they're almost commonplace here in Phoenix, while you don't see many Jags even though there's a dealer in Scottsdale. And while I'm sure they love their cars, nothing beats a drive in an XKR convertible. My '02, with 80k on the odometer, still looks so much better than either the Porsche or the Mercedes, both of which were much newer. Okay. I can't help it...the Jag just makes me happy and grateful to own it.

Quick Reply: So Its Going On 8 Months And I Love The Experience Driving A Jag XKR Best Car Ever !