XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone Backed into me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Someone Backed into me!

Hey guys, so today I get home after work to find my Aunt backed into my XK8. As far as I can see, all that was damaged was the right headlight housing has been completely shattered. What my question is, what is the small half-circle piece that's supposed to be under the headlight housing?(circled in picture) I bought the car with it missing on both sides and figured if the one side is going to be getting completely replaced then I might as well replace the left headlight myself as well so it doesn't look obvious that the small piece is only missing on the left side.
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

[QUOTE=KayScotts;1397245]Hey guys, so today I get home after work to find my Aunt backed into my XK8. As far as I can see, all that was damaged was the right headlight housing has been completely shattered. What my question is, what is the small half-circle piece that's supposed to be under the headlight housing?

Looks like my headlight washer.

The following users liked this post:
KayScotts (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Great, just googled it, that's exactly what I was talking about thanks!

Old 02-06-2016, 04:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

If you don't have the Washer feature there is a 'Plastic' filler piece in that area, check you vin / features

Old 02-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Yeah--what's missing is the trim cap over the powerwasher. I went through replacing on a year or so ago and you can search for my thread. I am attaching a few pics from my experience and it is likely that if you would need to replace the powerwashers if you want the trim pieces to stay on while having functional washers. If you don't care about the wash feature you can just get the trim pieces (about $35 if I recall correctly) and just glue them in.

Doug

Attached Thumbnails Someone Backed into me!-closeupnozzle.jpg   Someone Backed into me!-separatedpieces.jpg  
KayScotts (02-07-2016)
Old 02-07-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Yeah--what's missing is the trim cap over the powerwasher. I went through replacing on a year or so ago and you can search for my thread. I am attaching a few pics from my experience and it is likely that if you would need to replace the powerwashers if you want the trim pieces to stay on while having functional washers. If you don't care about the wash feature you can just get the trim pieces (about $35 if I recall correctly) and just glue them in.

Doug
This'll be a huge help, thanks! I think I'm just going to get cover pieces like you mentioned rather than replace the whole washer set up because the washers look like they've been completely disabled from the previous owner (one appears mangled and covered in some sort of adhesive and the other isn't even there anymore?)

Old 02-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by KayScotts
This'll be a huge help, thanks! I think I'm just going to get cover pieces like you mentioned rather than replace the whole washer set up because the washers look like they've been completely disabled from the previous owner (one appears mangled and covered in some sort of adhesive and the other isn't even there anymore?)

The cover you need is secured to the nozzle by some stupid plastic (of course) fitting. So it sounds like the previous owner found that the fitting had broken so they just glued the cover to what was left of the nozzle and then disabled the washer. I try to keep things as original as possible with my cars so I went through the expense of replacing the powerwash contraption along with the cover (which had gone missing). The actual piece you need is:

Jaguar XK8 1997 2004 Headlamp Washer Jet Cover Friver Side LJA7055FA OE New | eBay

I have been buying parts from one of the sponsors here--SNG Barratt. They have good prices for forum members and will get you the part quickly.

Doug

Tracee (09-23-2019)