XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips on Replacing Trunk Emblem XKR

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Tips on Replacing Trunk Emblem XKR

Hi All, my trunk button jaguar emblem has faded to the point of looking like nothing more than a black dot.

Could someone please provide some tips on a good source for a new trunk button emblem, as well as some tips for replacing the same?

I've read that some people are able to just remove the old button with a small pick, then glue on a new button.

I'd like to know the best way to securely affix the button emblem, as well as the best way to take off the old button emblem.

Would I be crazy to just try to pull off the old emblem and use some industrial glue to put on a new emblem?

Old 03-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I misread this and thought you were looking for the hood emblem, but I can see that you are looking for the one on the rear button.
I didn't see anything for the XKR, but there is another thread that might help.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...h-badge-54130/

Last edited by stingray71; 03-16-2016 at 01:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ragsdale (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Depending on your outlook towards those decorative items, you might want to look into cleaning the existing one. Mine was also very dark, to the point of not being able to tell there was a growler on there. I went around the garage and tried several cleaners. Eventually, I followed a friend's advice and used toothpaste. This is with the badge remaining in place. Now, the trunk button is how I want it to be: If you look, you can tell there is a growler, but otherwise, it does not attract attention.

From memory, folks that had initially replaced them with badges from Ebay reported they were much brighter, with more "holographic" depth, and some eventually went back to the original badge from Jaguar.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

The following users liked this post:
Ragsdale (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 02:48 PM

With help of the above post, I believe I've found my answer.

The trunk lid badge is Part No.: HJB5985AD.

There are some beautiful red badges available:

https://www.britishparts.co.uk/produ...-lid-HJB5985AD

The question now is do I want to pay about $50 for a small adhesive circle, and, if so, which supplier do I use?

I'm leaning toward British Parts in London, but there's also Welsh Enterprises in Steubenville, Ohio and Terry's Jag Parts in Kalamazoo.

If I go ahead, I'll post before and afters.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by fmertz
Depending on your outlook towards those decorative items, you might want to look into cleaning the existing one. Mine was also very dark, to the point of not being able to tell there was a growler on there. I went around the garage and tried several cleaners. Eventually, I followed a friend's advice and used toothpaste. This is with the badge remaining in place. Now, the trunk button is how I want it to be: If you look, you can tell there is a growler, but otherwise, it does not attract attention.

From memory, folks that had initially replaced them with badges from Ebay reported they were much brighter, with more "holographic" depth, and some eventually went back to the original badge from Jaguar.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

Thanks for your reply, just saw it. Toothpaste seems to be the least expensive option here, so I will start with that.

I enjoy the understated details of the X100, so I probably wouldn't be too fond of a bright red holographic growler.

However, I would like a nice red emblem to match the other red badging. I'll probably perseverate about this for a while, as I do with all Jag-related decisions.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

I checked my ebay orders I'd gotten these in 2014. I replaced Black with Red and it wasn't holographic but clear compared to the old one. They were $6 ea (I did get a extra for the future), unfortunately I checked the seller and it appears he no longer list these.