Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Topless Cats Cross In The Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Two Topless Cats Cross In The Night

How much fun was that!

BEG3YRS and Jeff in Tucson got to meet by chance tonight. I (Scott - BEG3YRS) was heading home topless with my wife (the car was topless, not my wife - darn) from a local watering hole (BJs) when I spotted the rear profile of another topless XK8/R ahead of me. Then I saw the very unique tail fin and REEEER license plate of Jeff in Tucson. Now I've never met Jeff in person (until tonight) but as we pulled up side by side I yelled out "Hey Jeff." We were able to admire each other's rides for a few minutes. I very much liked his new wheels, even being unaware of his post from a few days ago. He liked my wind screen from Adamesh. BTW, the sound of that twin screw supercharger of his is truly wonderful.

Needless to say, I got home and sent a PM to Jeff. He sent one at the same time. I guess all us Jag folks are peas in a pod!

Kudos to this forum for bringing people together.

The following 3 users liked this post by beg3yrs:
Jeff in Tucson (06-23-2013), JimC64 (06-24-2013), Norri (06-24-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Default That was cool!

That was really cool! As I heard my name being called from behind, in traffic, it was like God had found me and wanted to have a chat. D'oh!

It was fun cruising down Broadway with another silver 'vert. VAROOOOM!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts

Tucson NOT as big as you thought....This is where this forum needs a "like" button akin to facebook. No need for the "thanks" but I like it!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Gippsland
Tucson NOT as big as you thought....This is where this forum needs a "like" button akin to facebook. No need for the "thanks" but I like it!
It is interesting. Jeff is now the only other guy I know who has an XK here in Tucson. A former colleague here in town has one but he keeps it at his place in Albuquerque so that doesn't count.

I do from time to time see some other XKs on the road. There's one just like mine which I used to see now and then near the airport. I don't drive over there daily anymore so I don't know if he's still around.

My last boss (both of us now retired) drove a red 2000 XK8 coupe, very pretty, but he's moved on.

There's another silver one like Jeff's running around.

Anyway, for a town of about a million in the general area, there are a few more than I'd expect.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Cool story..

I've now seen two, since I bought mine, two months ago.

Strange, they were both spotted in the same resort town of New Buffalo Michigan. One black, one gold (and of course my silver one). exactly one week apart to the day (Sunday, yesterday). All with the top down. Spotted many more euro convertibles up there. A lot of Porsches, BMW's and Audi's and some bugs (VW Bettles) and a Rolls Convertible, along with what seems like 100's of corvettes...lol

I don't even look at the vette 's any more, but they sure wanna look at my Cat !

Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Received 4,176 Likes on 3,639 Posts

too cool. Aside from the recent JSSC dinner (back in March), I have only seen one other XK vert, but he had the top up - on a 80degree sunny day in SC - that is sacrilegious.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

topless BJ in your Jag by Scott

did i read this correctly?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by carzaddict
topless BJ in your Jag by Scott

did i read this correctly?
You got all the right words, just not in the right order. I did carefully select those words just so you'd have some fun.

BTW, we really did go to BJ's that night. It's a restaurant chain if you're not familiar.

And finally, the actions to which you allude ... gentlemen (and us Jaguar drivers certainly are) do not tell all ...