XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Windscreen

Has anyone purchased a windscreen/deflector from Welsh? Their price of $246 +$13 shipping is the cheapest that I have found.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

I bought the identical deflector from a different company. It works great. It took me about an hour to install it (going slow, I didn't want to drill the holes in the wrong place). I felt that it stuck up too high and I swapped the brackets from the left to the right to lower it a couple of inches. Now it obstructs my view out the rear view mirror. For the price you can't beat it.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
I bought the identical deflector from a different company. It works great. It took me about an hour to install it (going slow, I didn't want to drill the holes in the wrong place). I felt that it stuck up too high and I swapped the brackets from the left to the right to lower it a couple of inches. Now it obstructs my view out the rear view mirror. For the price you can't beat it.
I also got mine from a different company, Classic Additions out of England. About the same price with the currency conversion. I believe they all might be made by the same company, if not they all appear to be of the same exact design.

Rev -- Mine came with the side brackets already installed in the lower settting. It worked very well, but also obstructed my view. I then tried it in the opposite direction and it was too high and caught too much wind so I had to go back to the lower one.

They all work great and I plan on wiring up a switch for the rear windows to make it even better.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a windscreen for my Sebring convertible, and when not needed, I can fold the vertical section back down onto the horizontal section over the back seats. Do your windscreens fold back?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, they fold back out of your rear view when not in use. The only time they block is when you are using them, and it's not that bad of a deal.

Makes a huge difference at both highway and in town speeds.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

Anyone know of one that does not block you rear view?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

I purchased mine from Welsh. It is a good quality unit and I am pleased with it. I am just used to being aware of the obstruction now. Not really any worse (but perhaps a little different) than the limited view with the top up, IMHO.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 02-14-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

The one I bought from Adamesh I believe is identical to the Welsh deflector. When I stated that it blocks the view out of the rear view mirror, it only started blocking the view after I lowered it. As it was designed I could see through it easily. I felt that it stuck up too high, however, so I lowered it about 3 inches by swapping the left and right brackets. After I lowered it the top bar cuts right through my field of vision out the rear-view mirror. It doesn't bug me, and I've gotten used to just ducking my head a little to see past it. I'm 6'4", however, so I bet shorter drivers wouldn't have the same problem that I have.