XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XK8 Nav System DVD Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb XK8 Nav System DVD Update

I am the owner of a 2003 Jaguar XK8 (X100) with the Alpine-made navigation system. I have an input for the XK8 community’s consideration regarding the aforementioned system.

I noticed there are numerous threads in the Jaguar Forums inquiring if a DVD update for USA is available for this particular navigation system. It appears the most current DVD version for USA is from the 2002 – 2003 time frame. Specifically, the DVD is Jaguar Part # 4W83-10E898-GA / Alpine Part # BM9JG91F (The current Jaguar parts system number is C2N3030).

Given the lack of a recent update, XK8 owners basically have three options: stick with an outdated DVD system, convert to a 3-guage cluster in lieu of a navigation system, or upgrade their navigation system with a smart phone set up.

From my research into this issue, I believe a potential fourth option is possible. Since Jaguar added the XK8 (X100) to its classic line a few years ago, I checked with their Classic Parts Department, a division of Jaguar Land Rover, to determine the feasibility of obtaining a current DVD for the Alpine-made navigation system. Presently, Classic Parts only sells the last DVD update for USA from the 2002 – 2003 time frame. Again, the current part number is C2N3030.

I asked about the possibility of Jaguar producing a current DVD for the XK8. I was informed it was not likely unless there was interest from the XK8 community. Their primary way of identifying interest is through logging of lost sales for analysis to identify parts for potential reintroduction.

It works like this, every time someone contacts them about a particular part which is not being produced at that time (e.g., new DVD update in this case), they note it in their parts system as a lost sale. If enough interest is generated for a part then Jaguar makes a decision on whether to reintroduction the part.

Bottom line, if there are other XK8 owners like myself who desire an updated DVD for their Alpine-made navigation system then I encourage them to contact Jaguar Classic Parts to express their interest. Maybe if there is significant interest from the XK8 community Jaguar will take action.

For those interested in pursuing this matter, the Jaguar Classic web site:

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/

Also, the specific e-mail address for Jaguar Classic Parts:

jclassic@jaguarlandrover.com

The following 3 users liked this post by Jaguar84:
DarcySmith (07-03-2020), Johnken (02-18-2020), Orthodixie (02-18-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar84
I am the owner of a 2003 Jaguar XK8 (X100) with the Alpine-made navigation system. I have an input for the XK8 community’s consideration regarding the aforementioned system.

I noticed there are numerous threads in the Jaguar Forums inquiring if a DVD update for USA is available for this particular navigation system. It appears the most current DVD version for USA is from the 2002 – 2003 time frame. Specifically, the DVD is Jaguar Part # 4W83-10E898-GA / Alpine Part # BM9JG91F (The current Jaguar parts system number is C2N3030).

Given the lack of a recent update, XK8 owners basically have three options: stick with an outdated DVD system, convert to a 3-guage cluster in lieu of a navigation system, or upgrade their navigation system with a smart phone set up.

From my research into this issue, I believe a potential fourth option is possible. Since Jaguar added the XK8 (X100) to its classic line a few years ago, I checked with their Classic Parts Department, a division of Jaguar Land Rover, to determine the feasibility of obtaining a current DVD for the Alpine-made navigation system. Presently, Classic Parts only sells the last DVD update for USA from the 2002 – 2003 time frame. Again, the current part number is C2N3030.

I asked about the possibility of Jaguar producing a current DVD for the XK8. I was informed it was not likely unless there was interest from the XK8 community. Their primary way of identifying interest is through logging of lost sales for analysis to identify parts for potential reintroduction.

It works like this, every time someone contacts them about a particular part which is not being produced at that time (e.g., new DVD update in this case), they note it in their parts system as a lost sale. If enough interest is generated for a part then Jaguar makes a decision on whether to reintroduction the part.

Bottom line, if there are other XK8 owners like myself who desire an updated DVD for their Alpine-made navigation system then I encourage them to contact Jaguar Classic Parts to express their interest. Maybe if there is significant interest from the XK8 community Jaguar will take action.

For those interested in pursuing this matter, the Jaguar Classic web site:

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/

Also, the specific e-mail address for Jaguar Classic Parts:

jclassic@jaguarlandrover.com
I followed the link asking about a DVD for the Alpine Nav system. I live in Hawaii and I am in search of a DVD that includes Hawaii. I have a 2002 XKR which I recently purchased. Any help is greatly appreciated.