Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 1999 - 2008

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 AM

Default Traction light jag s type

Traction light keeps on blinking jaguar stype 2001.*
Therefore, the dsc button doesnt responds.*
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM

I had the same issue recently. DSC failure was the code in my display. Brought it to my mechanic, he said it was the ABS sensor and replaced that. Unfortunately the traction light stayed on and he could not get that to go off as he could not reprogram the ABS sensor. I had to bring it to the dealership to get it reprogrammed. It was pretty expensive as they also said the steering sensor needed to be replaced.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

Perform a hard re-set of the ECU (disconnect battery negative cable, touch it to positive terminal for 30 seconds whilst positive cable remains attached to battery.
03 Silver STR: Mina Intake, "Mafioso" air intake tube, 3 lb. pulley, Magnaflow's 200 cell cats and Tru-X center muffler, Dynomax VT mufflers, H&R Sport lowering springs, Achebono ceramic pads, cross drilled/slotted front rotors. Next: ECU tune, return to CATS struts, port/polish Eaton or TS blower? Est. 460 chp @ nearly 500 lb/ft trq.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsgross View Post
Perform a hard re-set of the ECU (disconnect battery negative cable, touch it to positive terminal for 30 seconds whilst positive cable remains attached to battery.
Before doing that though, make sure you have the unlock codes for your stereo.

Previous Jaguars:
1990 XJ6
1996 XJ6
2005 S-Type

I'm a Jaguar lifer

Rotating Jaguar Pictures

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryf View Post
I had the same issue recently. DSC failure was the code in my display. Brought it to my mechanic, he said it was the ABS sensor and replaced that. Unfortunately the traction light stayed on and he could not get that to go off as he could not reprogram the ABS sensor. I had to bring it to the dealership to get it reprogrammed. It was pretty expensive as they also said the steering sensor needed to be replaced.
Find a mechanic that has the proper diagnostic equipment that can handle ABS/DSC functions and resets but +2 to the advice above for a free "hard reset".

2004 Jaguar XJ8 - 120K miles
1995 Pontiac Trans Am - 68K miles

Check out the Northeast US Regional Page here: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/no...t-nj-ny-pa-35/
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Photobucket

Thanked 4,871 Times in 4,264 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
Traction light keeps on blinking jaguar stype 2001.*
Therefore, the dsc button doesnt responds.*
Before you start tearing the car apart looking for a fault, is:

1. the TRAC / DSC (depending on your vehicle spec) light flashing twice per second

OR

2. TRACTION CONTROL FAULT or DSC NOT AVAILABLE displayed constantly

If (1), this is informing you that Traction Control / DSC is operating. If (2), then you have a fault.

Graham

Old 09-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Before you start tearing the car apart looking for a fault, is:

1. the TRAC / DSC (depending on your vehicle spec) light flashing twice per second

OR

2. TRACTION CONTROL FAULT or DSC NOT AVAILABLE displayed constantly

If (1), this is informing you that Traction Control / DSC is operating. If (2), then you have a fault.

Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742
The 1st one.
Blinking twice per second. Yes i knw there is a fault since it is blinking continuously which it shudnt. Traction lights only blink when there is either an undistributes power to the wheels (to equalise it) by applying individual brakes.
To avoid wheel spin
And when abs switch on to stop wheels from locking
My light is blinking even when the car is still; at a hault.
Once in my life i saw it work properly. It was off. The dsc button made it on as stable when i switched off the dsc. when i switched it on it disappeared and blinked when i pressed full paddle on a turn and the tyres spinned a lil and then went off.
Now i have spent too much to eradicate.
Changed the complete left hub to clear the front left abs speed sensor ring error. The comp told that the left front speed sensor for abs isnt working/broken. I replaced the whole hub.
I have even changed the abs module.
Freaking hell dude. Since the car has this traction error my brakes are even working with abs and they have that weird pulsating affect and the sound for it.
I need a soln.
There is no dsc message in the message center
I have no dealer here too.
The universal obd scanners are used.

Last edited by harris24742; 09-08-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
The 1st one.
Blinking twice per second. Yes i knw there is a fault since it is blinking continuously which it shudnt. Traction lights only blink when there is either an undistributes power to the wheels (to equalise it) by applying individual brakes.
To avoid wheel spin
And when abs switch on to stop wheels from locking
My light is blinking even when the car is still; at a hault.
Once in my life i saw it work properly. It was off. The dsc button made it on as stable when i switched off the dsc. when i switched it on it disappeared and blinked when i pressed full paddle on a turn and the tyres spinned a lil and then went off.
Now i have spent too much to eradicate.
Changed the complete left hub to clear the front left abs speed sensor ring error. The comp told that the left front speed sensor for abs isnt working/broken. I replaced the whole hub.
I have even changed the abs module.
Freaking hell dude. Since the car has this traction error my brakes are even working with abs and they have that weird pulsating affect and the sound for it.
I need a soln.
There is no dsc message in the message center
I have no dealer here too.
The universal obd scanners are used.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Untitled

harris2742 - we can only give you as much guidance as possible based on the symptoms - the sure fire way to figure out your issue(s) is to obtain an OBD scanner capable of reading the abs/dsc code(s) - search the forum - many of these enhanced scanners can be purchased on Ebay or elsewhere - good luck

2004 Jaguar XJ8 - 120K miles
1995 Pontiac Trans Am - 68K miles

Check out the Northeast US Regional Page here: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/no...t-nj-ny-pa-35/
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member

harris, go back over your work, checking electrical connectors, etc.
03 Silver STR: Mina Intake, "Mafioso" air intake tube, 3 lb. pulley, Magnaflow's 200 cell cats and Tru-X center muffler, Dynomax VT mufflers, H&R Sport lowering springs, Achebono ceramic pads, cross drilled/slotted front rotors. Next: ECU tune, return to CATS struts, port/polish Eaton or TS blower? Est. 460 chp @ nearly 500 lb/ft trq.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Tags
01, 2000, 40, abs, available, code, control, dsc, flashing, jaguar, light, not, replace, sensor, trac, traction, type