US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Need pricing help from NJ Jag F Type R coupe owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Question Need pricing help from NJ Jag F Type R coupe owners

Hello guys,
As a new member, I wish to say hello to all of you. Here is my situation. I reside in Northern NJ. I went to my local Jag dealership to order a 2016 R Type coupe. The car I want does not exist so it has to be build to order from England. My sales rep is assuring me, he will give me his best possible price and if I don't like the deal, I'm not obligated in any way to take the car. Based on the order, the car will arrive sometime in May 2016.
My question to you is, how much off from the MSRP should I expect, want off from sticker price. I promised myself I will not buy based on impulse. If the pricing & discount isn't good I'll walk away from the deal. What percentage off should I be asking for from my sales rep. Thank you very much guys. I appreciate your feedback.
Cheers !

Last edited by Ubad2; 12-26-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Received 447 Likes on 333 Posts

There is no magic percentage off sticker price that we can tell you, it depends on the model, dealer, rarity and demand.

Don't ever believe what a car salesman, even a Jag one, tells you unless you have it in writing.

IMHO if that car is a desirable option combo or hard to get when it arrives, or another customer is willing to pay more, you may lose out in the deal.

Or they may be thinking you will pay more when it finally arrives and you just can't wait to take it home.

Why won't they give you a price? You are custom ordering a car, for heavens sake?

I would get in touch with another dealer, preferably a sponsor on this site, and see if they will work with you so you know the cost before the car is sitting in front of you, calling your name.

Most of us are willing to stop by a dealer in our area for you and eyeball a car in person, just ask.

The reason they won't give you a price is because they want to have all the leverage on you possible when the time comes to write the check.

Just my .02

Good luck with the purchase! And post some pics when you get it.
Alden

Last edited by Vector; 12-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Banned
Default Dealership in North Jersey ...

Prestige Jaguar

Rt 17 S
South
Paramus, NJ

Old 12-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Banned
Post Here is what I wish to get/order

Please see the PDF File.
I don't think it's a customer order. They don't have this combination with accessories .
Your thoughts please. Thank you

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
jaguar-1.pdf (573.7 KB, 169 views)
Old 12-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Banned
Thumbs up Please guys ....

If any of you gentlemen can assist with this matter, I would truly be grateful!
Again, I'm in Northern NJ.
THANK YOU ...

Old 12-28-2015, 04:19 AM
Banned
Exclamation Some background on me. And I need help with pricing. Please read

Hi guys, here is my question , when is the sale price or lease price established & finalised. Is it when the customer places an order with the car salesman or is it when the car actually arrives after being built, a few months down the road.
Because of the Christmas holiday season and upcoming New Years Eve, I don't have free time to go sit down with the sales rep, so we spoke via telephone and he us telling me, its not possible to work up hard true numbers until the car exists. Is this true or is it bullshit talk. Plus, I do want to wait a bit so I can successfully order a 2017 model, which can be ordered after January 2016. Receiving vehicle approx May 2016.
I wish to give you guys a little but of background in myself and how I wind up on this forum. All my life I been a hard core BMW guy. I had 3 different V8 BMW X5 vehicles, E39 540 Sport package, and BMW M5 DINAN S3 package. I however feel over time, BMW has lost its edge. Now, I hate all the models BMW has to offer. So I was heavily considering getting into a new Porsche 911 GTS, which will be the last of the naturally aspirated engines by Porsche .
By seer luck, chance or fate, I stumbled onto the Jaguar F Type R coupe and it caught my attention!
So the bottom line is, I now favour the R Type coupe over the Porsche 911 GTS. but if I get dicked around by the Jaguar salesman, I'll simply go for the Porsche. I know a nice honest guy who works at Porsche dealership, so I know he won't try to give me the shaft during the pricing aspect of the sale. I'll be clear, I really like the R Type coupe, so I hope with the assistance & advise from the members of this message board, I can make the F Type R coupe a reality.
So, once again when is actual pricing established. At time of placing the car order or when it physically arrived from being built.
The sales rep said more or less, I don't know what the finance rate or money factor will be, I don't know what programming Jaguar will offer if any ( subsidising the vehicle) so he said, what am I suppose to base it on. ( the sale price). He suggested the car be built the way I want it and when it comes in, I can take it or not, its up to me, no contractual obligations on my part.
Guys, your thoughts now please. Thank you!
PS .. I have excellent credit. As this is always a big factor with sale/lease pricing.

Last edited by Ubad2; 12-28-2015 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

For r every car I have ever ordered the price was negotiated at time of order. Even if they don't have their pricing info you would think you could get percentage above invoice or discount from msp.

The following users liked this post:
Ubad2 (01-02-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Banned
Default Understood ....

Originally Posted by jaguny
For r every car I have ever ordered the price was negotiated at time of order. Even if they don't have their pricing info you would think you could get percentage above invoice or discount from msp.
Supposedly .... One will be able to place an order for a 2017 MY at or around Feburary. I will then talk to the sales rep and request my desired discount from the list MSRP. obviously the interest rate will be determined once vehicle actually shows up to the showroom. Thanks my friend.