XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE-R Sport Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Lightbulb XE-R Sport Power Thread

Hi All,

I am back to make a master thread for making power o the XE's V6 motor.
This thread can be a sticky I hope and help all who visit looking for answers and facts for making power on the V6 XE.

The first part I wanted to discuss is the intake and air filters, I made lots of sound and some power to with small mods to the intakes on my XFR and now I want to mirror that on my new XE-R Sort V6.

The first thing is I want to remove both of the charcoal pre-filters from the air box and drop in a pair of BMC dry Airfilters and see what gains are made as well as sound.

I will remove this Pre-Filters in a way that they can be put back in, the BMC filters are just drop in and will be simple. I know any filters with oil like the K&N filters will foul the MAF and/or toss a CEL on for Lean Bank. We all know this and we all know you have to keep the air flow equal on both sides to avoid the CEL so make sure those air boxes are put back together sealed tight.

Next is to have my local Porsche Performance shop make me a 1 piece Y-Pipe to replace the stock cheap soft plastic Y-Pipe that also restricts airflow and also silences the super charger whine. Not much to gain for this beside looks and sound but along with the above mod should ,maximize our air intake best as it can be. The stock ram air snorkels are great and should be left alone unless you feel you want to relocate those ducts to the bottom of the car to pull in colder air but is subject to water so I will stay with the stock setup.

I hear there is a company called EVENTURI that makes Ja Carbon intakes but I think that is too radical for a daily driver for me. I need to keep this car in 1 piece and will not go over board.

Here is a link to a crude off the shelf home made Y-Pipe that the XK and XF guys are using that gives a great blower sound : https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-setup-155275/

You can go that route or wait until my shop fabs up a 1 piece perfect fitting stock appearing all black or polished Y-Pipe that is free flowing. The choice is up to you but I bet my guy is going to bang us $500-650 for one of these as they will look perfect. IF you ever seen a 997 Porsche with this then you know that I mean.

This is step 1 of many so please comment and discuss so we can lock in some facts and options for making power o the XE V6. I see the V6 F Type guys are making out 445hp o this motor very easy so I bet we can match that and be a bit faster since we are lighter than the F Type I think.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigCat09:
CRS 123 (11-21-2016), Mulmur (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I plan to add some power, in the spring, to my F type.. using Velocity technology.

As for my XE sport, I'm not sure yet, but am interested to see how your intake change works out. My one concern is to make sure I do not introduce any particles into the engine that are larger than what the stock filters allow.
Lawrence

Old 11-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Good topic. I am very interested in the tuning potential of XE.

Are you planning on changing the exhaust?

More supercharger whine is the way to go! I think 400hp should not be difficult from XE. ECU, custom tune, free flowing exhaust, better intake should definitely give 50-60hp.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:14 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Just went to Jaguar.usa to familiarize myself with the various models. I didn't realize that the 380hp motor doesn't seem to be available? Is that true in other countries as well.

If that is the case, could a "tune" be available to get the extra 40hp?
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 11-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

There is plenty of tunes to get that 40hp bump and I am collecting that data right now as I research more on it.

I do know that ECU Tuning Group sell the tune that gives you this same power and they promise that it is undetectable by the dealer. They also say they can make it 80hp bump i power if you add the stock F Type S pulley which is a Jag part stock.

I used them on my XFR and I never had any issues and I went to the dealer very often for other troubles I had and it was never detected.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

There was one Jaguar dealer is now closed, but they would modify supercharged models, so they must've stood behind that mod's as well. Pulley is the first thing they'd do.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

From what I am reading I think the 35T already has the smaller pulley and is limited through the SW so we would only change the lower pulley if we wanted more boost. I am gathering the facts on it still so I didn't want to post until I was certain. I think I need to see what the part number is for our pulley on the XE and then check the F- Pace Pulley number and bot the V6 and V6S F-Type pulleys to be factual truth.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
There is plenty of tunes to get that 40hp bump and I am collecting that data right now as I research more on it.

I do know that ECU Tuning Group sell the tune that gives you this same power and they promise that it is undetectable by the dealer. They also say they can make it 80hp bump i power if you add the stock F Type S pulley which is a Jag part stock.

I used them on my XFR and I never had any issues and I went to the dealer very often for other troubles I had and it was never detected.
+1 with ECU Tuning Group. I had them do the tune and the pull upgrade. Very noticeable difference. Cost per HP gain is good.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:06 PM

Hi All,

I am back to make a master thread for making power o the XE's V6 motor.
This thread can be a sticky I hope and help all who visit looking for answers and facts for making power on the V6 XE.

The first part I wanted to discuss is the intake and air filters, I made lots of sound and some power to with small mods to the intakes on my XFR and now I want to mirror that on my new XE-R Sort V6.

The first thing is I want to remove both of the charcoal pre-filters from the air box and drop in a pair of BMC dry Airfilters and see what gains are made as well as sound.

I will remove this Pre-Filters in a way that they can be put back in, the BMC filters are just drop in and will be simple. I know any filters with oil like the K&N filters will foul the MAF and/or toss a CEL on for Lean Bank. We all know this and we all know you have to keep the air flow equal on both sides to avoid the CEL so make sure those air boxes are put back together sealed tight.

Next is to have my local Porsche Performance shop make me a 1 piece Y-Pipe to replace the stock cheap soft plastic Y-Pipe that also restricts airflow and also silences the super charger whine. Not much to gain for this beside looks and sound but along with the above mod should ,maximize our air intake best as it can be. The stock ram air snorkels are great and should be left alone unless you feel you want to relocate those ducts to the bottom of the car to pull in colder air but is subject to water so I will stay with the stock setup.

I hear there is a company called EVENTURI that makes Ja Carbon intakes but I think that is too radical for a daily driver for me. I need to keep this car in 1 piece and will not go over board.

Here is a link to a crude off the shelf home made Y-Pipe that the XK and XF guys are using that gives a great blower sound : https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-setup-155275/

You can go that route or wait until my shop fabs up a 1 piece perfect fitting stock appearing all black or polished Y-Pipe that is free flowing. The choice is up to you but I bet my guy is going to bang us $500-650 for one of these as they will look perfect. IF you ever seen a 997 Porsche with this then you know that I mean.

This is step 1 of many so please comment and discuss so we can lock in some facts and options for making power o the XE V6. I see the V6 F Type guys are making out 445hp o this motor very easy so I bet we can match that and be a bit faster since we are lighter than the F Type I think.
The Y pipe sounds interesting. Let us know when you fabricate something for sale. On the air filters...is the carbon insert a separate piece? OK to remove? Also, does BMC have a filter that will fit the XE R Sport?
Thanks for any info
CRS

Old 11-21-2016, 08:11 PM

I'm also looking into third party exhaust system. I tried QuickSilver.....HORRIBLE cabin drone. Hurt your ears loud. Seemed like a lazy design. I didn't want to hassle with trying to fabricate a J Pipe or X Pipe, so I took it off and sent it back. Spires says they are near completion of as stage one and two system for the XE. Could be interesting.
CRS

Old 11-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CRS 123
The Y pipe sounds interesting. Let us know when you fabricate something for sale. On the air filters...is the carbon insert a separate piece? OK to remove? Also, does BMC have a filter that will fit the XE R Sport?
Thanks for any info
CRS
BMC makes the drop in filters for the XE already, they just cost $180 a pair though.

The carbon filters have to be taken out by spilling out the plastic welds that hold them in but is super easy to remove, they are only there to help meet emissions on this car i the USA and not needed ROW. The AMG guys buy stock air box lids from the UK and drop those on so they can swap back in just five minutes if ever needed. IF I ever need to put them back for warranty work or sniffer test for inspection I will just save the plastic grates that held them in and put it back if ever needed and save the money.

The Y Pipe will only give the blower whine noise along with way smoother intake flow/no restriction. The power bump is minor compared to the cost of the Y Pipe but it will look sexy there as well. With a tune, pulley, exhaust the Y pipe will give its best benefit so keep that in mind.

The following users liked this post:
CRS 123 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 05:04 PM

BMC makes the drop in filters for the XE already, they just cost $180 a pair though.

The carbon filters have to be taken out by spilling out the plastic welds that hold them in but is super easy to remove, they are only there to help meet emissions on this car i the USA and not needed ROW. The AMG guys buy stock air box lids from the UK and drop those on so they can swap back in just five minutes if ever needed. IF I ever need to put them back for warranty work or sniffer test for inspection I will just save the plastic grates that held them in and put it back if ever needed and save the money.

The Y Pipe will only give the blower whine noise along with way smoother intake flow/no restriction. The power bump is minor compared to the cost of the Y Pipe but it will look sexy there as well. With a tune, pulley, exhaust the Y pipe will give its best benefit so keep that in mind.
Actually I misspoke. I DO have a pair of new BMC filters for the XE V6. I was hesitating putting them in because I heard the oil can foul the airflow sensors, but this could be misinformation.
Have you had experience with BMC and are they safe to use?

Thanks for any info!
CRS

Old 11-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

I am had a BMC filter in my Lotus with no issues at all.

CRS 123 (11-26-2016)
Old 11-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member

Actually I misspoke. I DO have a pair of new BMC filters for the XE V6. I was hesitating putting them in because I heard the oil can foul the airflow sensors, but this could be misinformation.
Have you had experience with BMC and are they safe to use?

Thanks for any info!
CRS
The BMC filters should be dry just like the OEM filters in your car so no worries...

Old 11-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Asfar as the Y - PIPE goes here is what my local guy makes for the 997 Porsche guys. The is what I plan to have made exactly and will be a super fast swap out of the OEM pipe and super fast to put back to stock if/when needed.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:13 PM

The BMC filters should be dry just like the OEM filters in your car so no worries...
Actually...the BMC filters are oiled.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

Actually...the BMC filters are oiled.
I wasn't aware of that, I swore they were dry type and not oiled. IF you are going to use any with oil then blot them dry first...

CRS 123 (11-27-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

I wasn't aware of that, I swore they were dry type and not oiled. IF you are going to use any with oil then blot them dry first...

The BMC I had on the Lotus was a cone, but that one was oiled as well.

CRS 123 (11-27-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 04:53 PM

There is so much debate as to whether there are any measurable benefits to a BMC (or other third party air filters) over Stock. It would seem to me that more air throughput would benefit an air hungry supercharger...but I don't have the means to Dyno before and after, or other quantifiable research methods. As far as oil fouling the sensors...K&N has some convincing research and videos of their own testing, which seems to disprove that the filters cause any problems.. Here: K&N Response to Mass Air Flow Sensor Concerns

Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Some members on the F type forum have been researching the Eventuri intake system and on one of the posts, they have a dyno before and after.
Lawrence.