XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Strange Touch Screen Message

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Strange Touch Screen Message

I received a strange message on the touchscreen following a different 'beep' that I hadn't heard before. The screen showed a top view of the car with a long blue bar in front of it and a shorter blue bar in front of that but to the side along with the message "Drive with caution". It was only displayed for about 3 seconds. I couldn't find any reference for it in the owners manual. It happened when I was pulling out of a driveway to a main street with cross traffic.....which I've done many times without the message. Any ideas?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

The image you saw was for the front parking sensors.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cambo
The image you saw was for the front parking sensors.
My image for the front parking sensors show up in yellow and red, not blue. And the warning tone was different. But the size and shape of the bars was the same as for the parking sensors.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

Could it have been warning you the sensors were inactive or otherwise not working, but it was an intermittent blip that resolved itself after the 3 seconds? Was the beep you heard continuous?

Do the front sensors still work if you test them now?

Old 01-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Solved....I think... Under certain conditions when parking aid is activated it says "Front and rear parking aid " in blue and "take care while maneuvering" underneath that in white and the distance bar shows up in grey in front until you get close enough to activate it. It must have activated on its' own. It's funny how my mind remembers it though.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think because you love your car it is just trying to develop a personal relationship. A quality product does that!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I see that quite often but mostly in parking places where I'm on the end and there is a parked car in front of me and to the side and I am in drive, going forward. It does seem a bit skittish because it presents in the display when there really is no obstruction.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by uab9253
I see that quite often but mostly in parking places where I'm on the end and there is a parked car in front of me and to the side and I am in drive, going forward. It does seem a bit skittish because it presents in the display when there really is no obstruction.

One reason might be that the warning alarm in red comes up when you are about 2 feet/2 feet from the obstacle which really is too far away. I have to go forward an extra foot. With the very low front cowl it is easy to wack it against the cement which isn't a pretty thing to do. Cost me 2 grand when I caught my BMW front bumper on a high cement ridge and it pulled the bumper bracket off the car...

Old 02-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I already have a couple of scrapes underneath mine!