XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar rated #2 out of 32 car brands for Quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 480 Likes on 368 Posts
Default Jaguar rated #2 out of 32 car brands for Quality

Porsche took the number one position, but Jaguar came in at second place in J.D. Powers and Associates just released new car quality survey, ahead of Lexus, Hyundai, Toyota, BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Infinity, Acura and many others. Let it be known, Jaguar is a higher quality car than most.

The following users liked this post:
LaCapitalRue (06-20-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Now Jaguar skeptics will know what we already know, Jaguars are great vehicles! Thanks for posting this article.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Oh no. Now I likely will not be able to afford to buy another Jaguar when my STR finally ceases to be

Old 07-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it! 2012 Ebony/London Tan XJL SC is my first Jag and simply blown away by it. As fast as 911 and luxury rivaling Bentley.

I see Jag as where Audi was about 5-6 yrs ago in terms of popularity. We are simply ahead of the curve! Another big reason to go XJ over A8 and 750, was simply uniqueness...not many on the road, at least for now...

Old 07-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

My local independent had an X351 in for service when I was there and were most complimentary about it.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
Love it! 2012 Ebony/London Tan XJL SC is my first Jag and simply blown away by it. As fast as 911 and luxury rivaling Bentley.

I see Jag as where Audi was about 5-6 yrs ago in terms of popularity. We are simply ahead of the curve! Another big reason to go XJ over A8 and 750, was simply uniqueness...not many on the road, at least for now...
Not only uniqueness, but far more sumptuous styling inside and out, and a far better value, in my opinion. We are ahead of the curve; most people are followers rather than leaders.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:35 AM
XJL
Received 141 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
Porsche took the number one position, but Jaguar came in at second place in J.D. Powers and Associates just released new car quality survey, ahead of Lexus, Hyundai, Toyota, BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz, Infinity, Acura and many others. Let it be known, Jaguar is a higher quality car than most.
Can you please post the link?

Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

2012: Jaguar was most-improved

2014: 87 PP100 for second-ranked Jaguar

The Top-Ranked Vehicles in the JD Power 2014 Initial Quality Study :

Midsize Premium Sporty Car*
  • Highest Ranked: Porsche 911
  • Jaguar F-Type
*Good job, Tata!

Lexus luxury line ranked third, behind Porsche and Jaguar

Last edited by LeoJagger; 07-06-2014 at 12:08 PM.
XJL (07-07-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

I know it's a Jaguar forum and I am supposed to be for it, but I don't personally believe those surveys. Both BMW and Mercedes produce cars of higher quality. I don't care what any survey says. I have got a benz in a driveway too and it's just a much better vehicle.

They have come a long way, but maybe another 3-5 years and Jaguar will be up there.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

Yes, but the PP100 is about new cars.

Speaking about Jaguar, they just need to omit the cheap plastic parts, replace their cheap hoses and connectors and the rusting steel.

Others may get 30.000.- $ more per vehicle because they spend a fistful of dollars more in production.

Evidences are used car prices, spare parts sales, time to extinction and this forum...

Nobody can tell that are just rumours, buy cheap and sell expensive is not a viable long-term strategic approach.

Now there is definitely a design problem.

Cheers

Last edited by LeoJagger; 07-07-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Executive
I know it's a Jaguar forum and I am supposed to be for it, but I don't personally believe those surveys. Both BMW and Mercedes produce cars of higher quality. I don't care what any survey says. I have got a benz in a driveway too and it's just a much better vehicle.

They have come a long way, but maybe another 3-5 years and Jaguar will be up there.
I am afraid I can't agree with you. The Germans produce some of the ugliest interiors I have ever seen in a car that costs as much as they charge for them. Great cars if your choice in color is silver or battleship gray. Guess German car buyers want to be in the Germany navy. Little do they know that the Brits sank most of them. Just not in love with car companies whose claim to fame is how many electronic gadgets they can stick in a car, which is also hurting their reliability.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MV Rider
I am afraid I can't agree with you. The Germans produce some of the ugliest interiors I have ever seen in a car that costs as much as they charge for them. Great cars if your choice in color is silver or battleship gray. Guess German car buyers want to be in the Germany navy. Little do they know that the Brits sank most of them. Just not in love with car companies whose claim to fame is how many electronic gadgets they can stick in a car, which is also hurting their reliability.

Have you driven a newer model Benz or BMW? BMW is still one of the most engaging driving machines. I don't really care for electronics and never take them too much into consideration when buying a vehicle.

In terms of the interior, go ahead and test out a simple rotary switch for volume control in a BMW and in a Jaguar. Jaguar ones looks nicer, but they feel like they are going to break in your hand.

Yes, I agree when it comes to design and the ostentatious interiors, Brits to better. But when it comes to quality, German cars are still at the top.

The interiors aren't terrible though.

6 series...

4 series...

Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Executive
Have you driven a newer model Benz or BMW? BMW is still one of the most engaging driving machines. I don't really care for electronics and never take them too much into consideration when buying a vehicle.

In terms of the interior, go ahead and test out a simple rotary switch for volume control in a BMW and in a Jaguar. Jaguar ones looks nicer, but they feel like they are going to break in your hand.

Yes, I agree when it comes to design and the ostentatious interiors, Brits to better. But when it comes to quality, German cars are still at the top.

The interiors aren't terrible though.

6 series...

4 series...
After seeing the pics of the BMW interiors, I was underwhelmed. I do agree the volume control knob on my XJL looks and feels rather cheap, however the rest of the entire interior (and exterior) simply blows away that of the BMW's. The XJL isn't at all ostentatious; it simply reflects impeccable taste.

The following 2 users liked this post by johndahlheimer:
Angus (07-08-2014), Mulmur (08-31-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The XJL isn't at all ostentatious; it simply reflects impeccable taste.
I love that and, not being biased at all, agree wholeheartedly!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

FYI my SuperSport is 55% German content, but 100% British soul.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member

I do agree the volume control knob on my XJL looks and feels rather cheap, however the rest of the entire interior (and exterior) simply blows away that of the BMW's.

That's all I was saying. Although, I think its somewhat carried out throughout the car.

Jaguar as a brand has been doing outstanding and I applaud them for it. I am sure as time goes on, we will see more improvements.

Last edited by Executive; 07-16-2014 at 03:33 PM.
johndahlheimer (07-08-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just collected my 2013 XJ and it's far more impressive than I expected, a real Starship Enterprise. British design flair and Jaguar heritage, what's not too like! Off for 3000 miles to Italy and back soon, it was made for the journey.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't remember if I mention this before but, cars in New York City anyway get a reputation that's connected to race and ethnic background. I won't go into detail from years ago but now, resent years are the BMW and Mercedes.
BMW is in first place with Mercedes a close second. Audi is way behind and Jag is no where to be seen. Along with the young Wall Street'ers there is another group buying these popular cars. The names most closely connected are Gangsta Rapper's & Crack Dealer's.
At the top are the Black BMW's that almost equal, in numbers, to yellow taxi's.The Mercedes are not as bad but getting there. They have lost there presages. People look at them like the Beetle of the 60's
So, if you have a friend going to NYC in one of the above mentioned cars, tell him to tie a ribbon to the antenna. It will be easier to find and never , never drive to Brooklyn.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by Pa.Bill
I don't remember if I mention this before but, cars in New York City anyway get a reputation that's connected to race and ethnic background. I won't go into detail from years ago but now, resent years are the BMW and Mercedes.
BMW is in first place with Mercedes a close second. Audi is way behind and Jag is no where to be seen. Along with the young Wall Street'ers there is another group buying these popular cars. The names most closely connected are Gangsta Rapper's & Crack Dealer's.
At the top are the Black BMW's that almost equal, in numbers, to yellow taxi's.The Mercedes are not as bad but getting there. They have lost there presages. People look at them like the Beetle of the 60's
So, if you have a friend going to NYC in one of the above mentioned cars, tell him to tie a ribbon to the antenna. It will be easier to find and never , never drive to Brooklyn.
Ah for the good old days when the mafioso, pimps and drug dealers drove around in black Cadillac's.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought this forum was for sharing information about Jaguar and it's tradition?

To use this forum for your own personal commentary on a group of people is something I don't want to be part of. As an African American, your reference to "crack dealers" and "gangsta rappers" is insulting and has no place on this forum.

Quick Reply: Jaguar rated #2 out of 32 car brands for Quality