Vic & Tas members, introductions please..Roll call

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hi to all

Great to see we have a Vic page im a newish member in the yarra Valley I have a 1999 XJR thats a sunday driver and im trying to iron out all the bugs, so this forum will come in very handy I hope lol

Old 01-19-2015, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff Harbud
Great to see we have a Vic page im a newish member in the yarra Valley I have a 1999 XJR thats a sunday driver and im trying to iron out all the bugs, so this forum will come in very handy I hope lol
Hi Geoff

Welcome to the forum. You will find the forum and the people most helpful with your debugging. I have saved many hours just by doing some searches here before starting.

Once you get things sorted out I hope you can join us on one (or more) of the runs this year. I am just over the hill from you near Alexandra. We seem to be getting a few members from the eastern burbs and environs lately.

Cheers

Old 01-19-2015, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by yarpos
Hi Scott

Welcome to the forum. We had a couple of small events in the back half of 2014 and will be looking to organise something again once the kids are back at school and potential routes/destinations are less busy.

Hope you are enjoying the new toy

Cheers
Hi Steve

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am enjoying the new car immensely!

Please do let me know if something's being organized. I'm certainly interested in attending.

Cheers,
Scott

Old 01-19-2015, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Scott

If anything is organised it appears as a thread in the VIC/TAS section with weeks of notice. Everyone is welcome to participate, so please come along if the timing works for you.

Cheers, Steve

The following users liked this post:
OzRisk (01-25-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Hi Steve

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am enjoying the new car immensely!

Please do let me know if something's being organized. I'm certainly interested in attending.

Cheers,
Scott
See what I mean Scott, Steve has his finger on the pulse for any local events.

The following users liked this post:
OzRisk (01-25-2015)
Old 01-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 425 Likes on 325 Posts

Hi Geoff, and welcome to the forum. I'm a gnats whisker from the Valley on the edge of Wonga Park. The days out we've started are good fun, with nice people and a variety of cars. Hope you can bring your XJR out for airing on a future event, the next one is currently in the melting pot. Look out for a posting about it.

Cheers,

Old 01-28-2015, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

Dene from Geelong (Victoria) just saying hello.
Have just discovered this subgroup after being absent for some time due to distraction's from other car projects !!
I'm lucky to have a 2009 XKR Portfolio purchased 3.5 years ago(weekend car)
and previously owned a S3 Sovereign V12 for 10 years.

Also into Lotus and MG V8's.

Essentially I'm obsessed about cars...and spending money on them.

Cheers

Old 01-28-2015, 11:42 PM

Hi Peter,

I had an MG RV8 for 4 years and currently have an XKR. If I can be of any help just ask.

Good Luck

Dene

Old 01-29-2015, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Denod1958
Hi All,

Dene from Geelong (Victoria) just saying hello.
Have just discovered this subgroup after being absent for some time due to distraction's from other car projects !!
I'm lucky to have a 2009 XKR Portfolio purchased 3.5 years ago(weekend car)
and previously owned a S3 Sovereign V12 for 10 years.

Also into Lotus and MG V8's.

Essentially I'm obsessed about cars...and spending money on them.

Cheers
Hi Dene,

Someone from my home town! Go Cats!

Did you get down to the Geelong Revival speed trials at Eastern Beach late last year? I was down there in the pits with a friend of mine who was running an MG he's restored, but I had plenty of time to walk around and drool over some absolutely beautiful E-Types (as well as countless other marques). A great day.

Nice XKR by the way!

Cheers,
Scott

Old 01-29-2015, 01:49 AM

Hi Dene,

Someone from my home town! Go Cats!

Did you get down to the Geelong Revival speed trials at Eastern Beach late last year? I was down there in the pits with a friend of mine who was running an MG he's restored, but I had plenty of time to walk around and drool over some absolutely beautiful E-Types (as well as countless other marques). A great day.

Nice XKR by the way!

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes I did get to the Geelong Revival, I do most years.
Was there Saturday for 2hrs and all day Sunday as the car was on display with Jag Club of Vic. An E-Type would be my 2nd Jag if I had the room and $$.
A number of members from the Geelong MG Club were also running.

I'll keep an eye out for you and your fast coupe.

Dene

Last edited by Denod1958; 01-29-2015 at 01:51 AM. Reason: dumb mistake
Old 01-29-2015, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member

An E-Type would be my 2nd Jag if I had the room and $$.
A number of members from the Geelong MG Club were also running.
Yes, I'd have a E too if I had a decent garage.

Geelong MG Club, hey? You might know my friend, Ritchie - he has a cream colored MGA - I'm not an expert, but I think it's a Mk II.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome Dene

Hope you can make it to one of our runs/lunches. There is one being planned at the moment. Enjoy the forum.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:51 PM

Yes, I'd have a E too if I had a decent garage.

Geelong MG Club, hey? You might know my friend, Ritchie - he has a cream colored MGA - I'm not an expert, but I think it's a Mk II.
Scott,

Can't say Ritche rings a bell, may recognise his face. I'm normally hooked up with some of the V8 guys.

I looked at some of the other pics of your "R", very tasty, with ceramic brakes ?, I'd like to see it in the flesh one day.

The new 2015 F-type R all wheel drive and manual gerabox is also tempting for me.

Dene

Old 01-30-2015, 03:31 AM
Veteran Member

The new 2015 F-type R all wheel drive and manual gerabox is also tempting for me.

Dene
I very seriously considered placing an order for the AWD, but decided I didn't want to wait 6 months for delivery after I was made an offer to good to refuse from the dealer on this one.

The manual gearbox is not available in the R, by the way. Only in the V6.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, I'm just saying hey from the other side of the globe, contacts can be a bonus sometimes, lol

Old 02-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Masher02
Welcome, I'm just saying hey from the other side of the globe, contacts can be a bonus sometimes, lol
Hi Mike... Yes, I agree. Let us know if you're headed our way. Cheers, Scott

Old 02-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another Victorian - (Redgear) - Introduction in the regional forum

Greetings and best wishes to all Victorian and Tasmanian forum members - here is my regional intro. I am really looking forward to having conversations with our geographically proximate forum members - think it is a great idea - and get togethers would be great as well.

Had a 71 XJ6 in the 70s and it left its mark on me and I have joined the ranks of Jag lovers again, late in 2014, with the purchase of an XJS V12 6 litre

Right now, I am looking for a 1989 or similar age XJS - Convertible - preferably in red...but any colour will be considered if it is a good example (I am looking for a good example and a bit open on price)

I have looked at many of the cars that are currently on car sales but there has not been much new stock coming up in recent times.

If anyone knows of one, please let me know as I am ready to buy and want to find something in the very near future.

All the best to all in Vic and TAs

Old 03-01-2015, 03:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by redgear
Greetings and best wishes to all Victorian and Tasmanian forum members - here is my regional intro. I am really looking forward to having conversations with our geographically proximate forum members - think it is a great idea - and get togethers would be great as well.

Had a 71 XJ6 in the 70s and it left its mark on me and I have joined the ranks of Jag lovers again, late in 2014, with the purchase of an XJS V12 6 litre

Right now, I am looking for a 1989 or similar age XJS - Convertible - preferably in red...but any colour will be considered if it is a good example (I am looking for a good example and a bit open on price)

I have looked at many of the cars that are currently on car sales but there has not been much new stock coming up in recent times.

If anyone knows of one, please let me know as I am ready to buy and want to find something in the very near future.

All the best to all in Vic and TAs
Hi and welcome, hope you enjoy the forum. Good luck with your search.

If you are interested in meeting up with some of the locals there is a run coming up. Have a look at the thread if you need details. Hopefully we can use this meet to work out what people are interested in doing this year.

Cheers

Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

michael here live bayswater eastern suburbs melbourne. Fixing up a kingfisher blue xj40 1991 4.0 litre hope to have her registered in the near future doing up the front end right now.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

ive also started up a facebook page jaguar drivers victoria feel free to join if interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1549414531981415/

Quick Reply: Vic & Tas members, introductions please..Roll call