Canada All Canadian members please post here...

New Jaguar customer -- Manual F-Type V6 340HP

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts
Default New Jaguar customer -- Manual F-Type V6 340HP

Greetings. I am a newbie to this forum and to Jaguar.

I *was* an Infiniti enthusiast -- having owned multiple G37 coupes over the past 6 years. With my current lease coming due I started looking for a replacement vehicle. I considered the Lexus RC coupe -- but it doesn't come in a manual transmission. When I heard that Jaguar was introducing an F-Type in 2016 with a manual transmission, I started to investigate the car -- ultimately, I got sucked in and couldn't say no.

I have an order in for the 2016 F Type V6 manual transmission model -- here are the specs of what I ordered:

Exterior colour: White/Polaris
Interior: jet/jet (black stitching on black leather)
Premium package (which includes the vision pack, and climate pack)
Heated windshield
19" orbit gloss black and diamond turned rims
I also had the dealer tint the windows.

The 2016's come standard with more options than in 2015 -- including the panoramic roof and the standard seats are the full leather seats.

Base price on the 2016 is $77500. Dealership gave me a $5,000 discount on the MSRP. Plus, i have a promise (in writing) to get any other financial incentives that might be available at the time the car comes in.

Any thoughts on this 'deal'? Any other options that you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance for being kind to this newbie

Old 02-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I have nothing to add to your choice, I'm sure you will love the car. My first test drive was in a v6 and the sound and driving experience was fabulous.

Ended up that mine is an R in Italian Racing Red with camel interior and I think I got every option but the pano roof (didn't like the way it looked on the outside, compared to no roof) and ceramic brakes.

No matter what options or colour people choose with this car, they all seem to love to look at and drive it.

Have fun.. maybe some of us can meet up outside of Toronto for coffee etc. in the spring.
Lawrence.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I have nothing to add to your choice, I'm sure you will love the car. My first test drive was in a v6 and the sound and driving experience was fabulous.

Ended up that mine is an R in Italian Racing Red with camel interior and I think I got every option but the pano roof (didn't like the way it looked on the outside, compared to no roof) and ceramic brakes.

No matter what options or colour people choose with this car, they all seem to love to look at and drive it.

Have fun.. maybe some of us can meet up outside of Toronto for coffee etc. in the spring.
Lawrence.
Thanks -- yeah, I'm very much looking forward to my first drive in the manual 6speed. I'm told that all of the 2016's will have the pano roof -- it is now a standard option that comes with all 16's.

Agreed - we should consider a Toronto meet up at some point.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Deal is good and similar to mine. Don't think they'll be any incentives for us as they are still trying to get rid of the 2015's.

You might want to consider red stitching and/ or red seatbelts for a bit of colour .....

Old 03-04-2015, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Deal is good and similar to mine. Don't think they'll be any incentives for us as they are still trying to get rid of the 2015's.

You might want to consider red stitching and/ or red seatbelts for a bit of colour .....
Thanks for the vote of confidence on the pricing. Yeah, not holding my breath on getting too many incentives. Did you get any promises on timing of delivery for your 2016? Did you also get the manual transmission?

I'm going to look at the colour stitching -- not a bad idea to throw some colour on the black seats.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Thanks for the vote of confidence on the pricing. Yeah, not holding my breath on getting too many incentives. Did you get any promises on timing of delivery for your 2016? Did you also get the manual transmission?

I'm going to look at the colour stitching -- not a bad idea to throw some colour on the black seats.

Got auto. The 8-speed transmission is one of the best out there. Manual is fine until you're stuck in a traffic jam on the DVP or 401, then it's a pain in the ***.

Should know about the build date this coming week.

Also, Jag is announcing a longer warranty and scheduled maintenance period (5 years) for U.S. customers tomorrow(?) Don't know if Canada will follow or not. Stay tuned.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:21 PM

Canada will not be getting the enhanced warranty and scheduled maintenance because we don't deserve nice things.

Got auto. The 8-speed transmission is one of the best out there. Manual is fine until you're stuck in a traffic jam on the DVP or 401, then it's a pain in the ***.

Also, Jag is announcing a longer warranty and scheduled maintenance period (5 years) for U.S. customers tomorrow(?) Don't know if Canada will follow or not. Stay tuned.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member

Canada will not be getting the enhanced warranty and scheduled maintenance because we don't deserve nice things.
That appears to be a dumb decision on Jaguars part.. they need to view North America as one market on issues such as warranty.
Anyway, hopefully we can get a group together at a coffee shop or whatever, in the Toronto area when spring actually arrives.
Lawrence.

The following users liked this post:
DuhCar (03-15-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask at what dealer you went to and whether you would recommend them?

I live in Mississauga so there are a few Jaguar dealers close by.

Thanks.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zrex
Can I ask at what dealer you went to and whether you would recommend them?

I live in Mississauga so there are a few Jaguar dealers close by.

Thanks.
For me personally,.. I found Domenic Bertucci at Metro West to be really good and I especially like the service department.
Lawrence.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:15 PM

Did you ever get a date for the build? I'm being told July -- for delivery in August.... sucks to be taking delivery AFTER the summer is over

You hearing the same thing?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:02 PM

need some info on changing front struts on 2003 x-type 2.5L. usually pretty straightforward. This is first Jag for me. Tried to separate strut from lower A-arm and am having heck of a time. Separates but not far enough. Then I tried removing lower ball joint so i could lower the arm enough to get the strut out. Well, it pops out about 1/2" but refuses to come out all the way. I can't find a manual on-line or a thread where someone has posted how they did it. Just need to know the secret. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:33 AM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Originally Posted by crf120250
need some info on changing front struts on 2003 x-type 2.5L........... .
Welcome to the forum crf120250,

This is a thread about options available on a new F-Type and has nothing to do with repairing 2003 X-Type suspension!

I have answered your identical post in the X-Type tech forum here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...9/#post1206837

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever get a date for the build? I'm being told July -- for delivery in August.... sucks to be taking delivery AFTER the summer is over

You hearing the same thing?
Hey bb_sam, Your build is very similar to mine.
I'm getting a V6S manual in Polaris white with performance seats in Cirrus and jet black stitching.
-Design Pack with black pack
- 20" tornado wheels in black
-Premium and Vision packs.
-heated windshield
- Super performance braking (for the TVB and limited slip diff).

Didn't get as sweet a deal as you, but have a June build, and mid to late July delivery.

Which dealer are you dealing with?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Default Sigh

Did you ever get a date for the build?
Mine was actually built early -- at the end of March in turns out. My dealer casually said that he had my VIN. I traced it on WW and found that it had landed at Halifax Apr 11!

It was still sitting there with thousands of other cars in the big bottleneck. Jaguar Canada says it will be on the train "within a week". But I'm not holding my breath.

Shipfax: Snowed under at Autoport

CN Autoport still facing delays - Nova Scotia - CBC News

http://www.halifaxemployers.com/index.php?id=5&a=374

Last edited by DuhCar; 04-27-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Good to hear about the discounts on the 2016. Mine is on the way but I still have to finalize the price.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Mine was actually built early -- at the end of March in turns out. My dealer casually said that he had my VIN. I traced it on WW and found that it had landed at Halifax Apr 11!

It was still sitting there with thousands of other cars in the big bottleneck. Jaguar Canada says it will be on the train "within a week". But I'm not holding my breath.

Shipfax: Snowed under at Autoport

CN Autoport still facing delays - Nova Scotia - CBC News

HALIFAX EMPLOYERS ASSOCIATION :: HARSH WINTER STILL CAUSING DELAYS FOR EUROPEAN CARS AT AUTOPORT
Unfortunate delay... hopefully you will see it shortly.. sure you will love it.
Lawrence

Old 04-28-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by NavMD
Hey bb_sam, Your build is very similar to mine.
I'm getting a V6S manual in Polaris white with performance seats in Cirrus and jet black stitching.
-Design Pack with black pack
- 20" tornado wheels in black
-Premium and Vision packs.
-heated windshield
- Super performance braking (for the TVB and limited slip diff).

Didn't get as sweet a deal as you, but have a June build, and mid to late July delivery.

Which dealer are you dealing with?
This sounds like a great combo. I struggled whether to get the V6S -- wasn't sure if the extra 40 hp would be noticeable on a manual transmission. How did you decide to get the "s"? The 20" wheels are going to look awesome.

I was dealing with Coventry North in Woodbridge. I placed my order on Feb 28th and was told that I could get a May build date with a June/July delivery. I'm now being told a June build with an August delivery date. But, I was also told the build dates change often so it could get built sooner. Now that spring is here, I'm getting anxious to get this car sooner rather than later.

Do you have an 'opt out' clause on your deal? Maybe you can renegotiate the pricing just to max out the best deal?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This sounds like a great combo. I struggled whether to get the V6S -- wasn't sure if the extra 40 hp would be noticeable on a manual transmission. How did you decide to get the "s"? The 20" wheels are going to look awesome.

I was dealing with Coventry North in Woodbridge. I placed my order on Feb 28th and was told that I could get a May build date with a June/July delivery. I'm now being told a June build with an August delivery date. But, I was also told the build dates change often so it could get built sooner. Now that spring is here, I'm getting anxious to get this car sooner rather than later.

Do you have an 'opt out' clause on your deal? Maybe you can renegotiate the pricing just to max out the best deal?
Hey bb_sam
saw your post on the F-type forum.
The extra 40hp was important for me because I'm coming off owning a 911 C2S (which has 400hp). The V6S felt more similar in terms of the kick-in-your-pants feel. But the exhaust note is so much better on the F-Type.

Currently in the same boat with a possible Aug delivery.
Should definitely meet up for a drive before it get's cold.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by NavMD
Hey bb_sam
saw your post on the F-type forum.
The extra 40hp was important for me because I'm coming off owning a 911 C2S (which has 400hp). The V6S felt more similar in terms of the kick-in-your-pants feel. But the exhaust note is so much better on the F-Type.

Currently in the same boat with a possible Aug delivery.
Should definitely meet up for a drive before it get's cold.
I hear yah -- kind of crazy for Jag to be delivering coupes to people at the end of the summer. Also, I'm not sure I can contain my anticipation that long! Here's hoping for a huge bump up in the production/delivery dates.