Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Longevity of Megs NXT Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Longevity of Megs NXT Wax

I waxed my car probably a month an a half ago, did the full detail, clay, swirl removal, wax (used Megs NXT). It seems that water isn't beading up as well anymore on the hood (and everywhere else for that matter). I've washed the car probably 6-8 times since, with Megs Gold Class Wash, done everything well and properly. Since NXT is a sealant, shouldn't it be lasting longer? When I use Megs Gold Class Wax it seems to last 4-6 weeks with ease. Is 6 weeks the average life of the NXT Wax? I'm less familiar with it, but bought it because I wanted a nice sealant.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TopHatChef
I waxed my car probably a month an a half ago, did the full detail, clay, swirl removal, wax (used Megs NXT). It seems that water isn't beading up as well anymore on the hood (and everywhere else for that matter). I've washed the car probably 6-8 times since, with Megs Gold Class Wash, done everything well and properly. Since NXT is a sealant, shouldn't it be lasting longer? When I use Megs Gold Class Wax it seems to last 4-6 weeks with ease. Is 6 weeks the average life of the NXT Wax? I'm less familiar with it, but bought it because I wanted a nice sealant.
Interesting, maybe we can find out why this is happening.....

My first question would be the following....

1) Prior to this detail, when was the last time you had it detailed?
2) Are you using a Quick Detailer after the drying step on each wash?
3) Are you using hard tap water, or DI or R/O water?
4) Heat and humidity can have a big effect on how long the product will last especially on dark colored vehicles.

I like to use and would recommend using Meguiar's M21, its a pro level sealant and definitley last longer. After each wash I provide for my customers weekly I follow up with a light wipe down of Meguiar's M156...Results are fabulous water beads awesome and the vehicles look just waxed!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, I had the car detailed just back in April for a car show, however, I am not using the Quick Detailer after drying, it is hard tap water (pretty much that or nothing so...), and since I'm in Florida and its Summer, high heat and humidity is an understatement with regards to my dark green car.

Thanks Dave,
-Steven

Old 07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

Dave,

Is Meguiars M156 out in the market? I can't locate this anywhere.

Thanks,