Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Tried everything but....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Tried everything but....

ZYMOL is the best WAX ever! Today I took time and used my HANDS not a buffer to wax my car with Zymol Z503 Cleaner Wax, and I must say I'm super happy with the results, I have used meguiars, sonax, and other leading brands before but nothing performed like Zymol, just wanted to share with you guys, the wax is all natural and priced very fair, I got it for 12 bucks, here are some photos I took, I also cleaned the engine bay, even though it wasn't dirty at all.

Attached Thumbnails Tried everything but....-jagmasterhdr1920.jpg   Tried everything but....-jagmaster1.jpg   Tried everything but....-screen-shot-2011-02-25-10.12.53-pm.jpg   Tried everything but....-screen-shot-2011-02-25-10.13.45-pm.jpg  

Last edited by JagMaster; 02-25-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Received 170 Likes on 140 Posts
Default zymol

Great pics, great colour, same as mine, I will have to try the zymol ,

Old 02-26-2011, 04:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Hey, I am moving your thread off to the Detailing Forums so that other members will be able to see your job how is nicely done

Besides that may be other expert resident Detailers like Innovative Detailing also can give you an idea ,you know they're perfect at their job

The following users liked this post:
JagMaster (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Man, red really pops on that car, at least in that setting in South Florida!

Old 02-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

You can really see the radiance red exterior when the paint is properly waxed...love it! When you're ready to sell her, let me know. I'm shopping

Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by h20boy
You can really see the radiance red exterior when the paint is properly waxed...love it! When you're ready to sell her, let me know. I'm shopping
If you can hang on until may, it's yours

Attached Thumbnails Tried everything but....-jagmaster.jpg  

Last edited by JagMaster; 02-26-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added a photo
Old 02-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Nice!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

'Spit Shining’ (Bull polishing)

[Spit shining is the technique that is used to make shoes shine like mirrors - - and some of those tricks can be applied to putting carnauba on your car's paint] NickT It’s not as lurid as it sounds, I learned how to spit shine boots in the Royal Air Force (RAF), but for those of you who’ve never done it I’ll briefly describe how to spit shine boots to a mirror finish. You’ll need a can of Kiwi shoe wax, a bag of cotton *****, and some cold water. Wet the cotton ball and squeeze out most of the water. Get a very small amount of wax on the cotton ball and wipe it onto the boot - continue wiping until there is no more smudging. Add a little more wax and repeat.

Re-moisten the cotton ball as needed so that it leaves tiny beads of water on the boots. When the cotton ball retains too much wax, then use a new cotton ball, it takes several layers (maybe 6 to 10 or more) to achieve that mirror shine. It’s obvious that the wax builds layers because enough flexing of the leather will cause the wax to flake.
Spit shining is used for ‘layering’ Organic wax (although in this case the 'spit' used is cold distilled water) to produce a ‘depth of shine’ providing you take the necessary precautions to prevent the solvents both re-liquefying and removing the previous wax layers.

What you are doing is dissolving the solvents so that it doesn't remove the previous layer. One of the very important nuances of layering is to use very little applied pressure and friction when applying subsequent layers as they will have a negative impact on wax thickness Usually a spit shined surface is slicker, smoother, and has different beading characteristics; with even smaller tighter water beads. The durability is about the same (or slightly better) and although spit shining is very time consuming, the improved depth of shine and glossy appearance is worth it

Usually, a wax with a high solvent content will remove the previous layer, so use a Carnauba that is not formulated with a high solvent content (Pinnacle Souverän) A solvent will have the potential to strip subsequent layers, but remember that you are not applying neat solvent to the last layer - but a wax and solvent blend. So it is only a fraction of its original strength and won't strip the wax layer like neat solvent. One of the very important nuances of layering is to use very little applied pressure and friction when applying subsequent layers as they will have a negative impact on wax thickness

Using a damp applicator and cold (almost ice) distilled water in a fine mist spray bottle neutralizes any solvents in the newly applied layer; the water should be cold, using ice cold water after applying a wax will harden the wax quicker making the shine deeper and help the new wax adhere to the finish, working until the water/ wax solution disappears.The reason for using a damp applicator is to neutralize the solvents as much as possible, and to avoid the thin coats of wax sticking to the applicator, this enables the wax to build thin, fine coats. Spray fine mists of cold (almost ice) distilled water to a single panel and then apply a light Carnauba wax to the paint surface.
Always apply extremely thin layers using a very light pressure when spit shining, Wipe it onto a small work area and continue wiping until most of the wax disappears. Mist lightly as needed, keeping a few water droplets on the surface. Move to the next work area and repeat. After you do the final area you’ll have a surface with many spots of hazed wax. Lightly mist an area with the very cold distilled water - 1/2 hood or door - and lightly buff with a MF towel. Turn the towel frequently, when the towel becomes too damp switch to a new towel.

When you spray very cold water on a Carnauba wax layer that has been allowed to outgas (i.e. the solvents that make up its carrier system have evaporated) it reduces the wax surface temperature to the point that the next applied waxes carrier solvents do not dilute the previously applied wax and it forms a semi-hard coat.
Allow each subsequent Carnauba waxes solvents to outgas before applying more layers. Spit shining allows definitive layers, as opposed to a thick coat of wax that would result if the solvents dissolve the wax layer that they are applied to.
After 24 hours you can repeat the procedure, using cold (almost ice) distilled water and Pinnacle Crystal Mist (a low solvent quick detail (QD) each coat applied will increase the surface depth of shine with five or six coats being optimal

Information resource- based on information in a post by NickT on Autopia.org and the original method used to shine my RAF uniform dress shoes

Last edited by Togwt; 02-28-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaster
ZYMOL is the best WAX ever! Today I took time and used my HANDS not a buffer to wax my car with Zymol Z503 Cleaner Wax, and I must say I'm super happy with the results, I have used meguiars, sonax, and other leading brands before but nothing performed like Zymol, just wanted to share with you guys, the wax is all natural and priced very fair, I got it for 12 bucks, here are some photos I took, I also cleaned the engine bay, even though it wasn't dirty at all.
JagMaster, she looks gorgeous.....wet and shiny like a candy apple, this color when dialed up right is one of my favorites. I have used Zymol in the past, only their polish though....all that matters is if it works for you and you acheive the results you wanted. Great job!

Originally Posted by cadillac
Hey, I am moving your thread off to the Detailing Forums so that other members will be able to see your job how is nicely done

Besides that may be other expert resident Detailers like Innovative Detailing also can give you an idea ,you know they're perfect at their job
Thanks cadillac for moderating this one......and as alway's I appreciate your good words!!!!

Originally Posted by h20boy
Nice......looks like we have a potential buyer.....

If you can hang on until may, it's yours
Looks like we have a possible sale, may is right around the corner, very nice!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Innovative Detailing
JagMaster, she looks gorgeous.....wet and shiny like a candy apple, this color when dialed up right is one of my favorites. I have used Zymol in the past, only their polish though....all that matters is if it works for you and you acheive the results you wanted. Great job!
Thanks! It's always a pleasure get compliments and comments from masters!

The following users liked this post:
Innovative Detailing (03-01-2011)
Old 02-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zymol is not an all natural product do youre reserch there is only 1 all natural product on the market and it is better then zymol try www.passioncarcareproducts.com

Old 03-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks! It's always a pleasure get compliments and comments from masters!
Your very welcome......hope your enjoying your shiny Jaguar!!

Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmolin
zymol is not an all natural product do youre reserch there is only 1 all natural product on the market and it is better then zymol try www.passioncarcareproducts.com
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that although many years ago, the natural products, carnuba being the first that comes to mind, was the bees knees for a good shine, and outrageously expensive. But, technology has caught up nicely, and I believe the synthetic products are just as good as mother nature today...not all of them, but there are some.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand but todays synthetics use petroleum distallites and alchol to make them usable read youre labels carefully they are flammable and toxic i am not a nature lover but have found a product that rivals products that cost $100 or more and have none of the bad thats all

Old 03-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Great job, I've never used zymol. I've always been a Meguiars guy but maby I'll have to give it a try sometime. Is it carnauba of synthetic?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Differences between Paint Protection Products
It’s very difficult to generalize about product formulation and content of different products, some contain petroleum distillates (PD) - solvent, silicone oils and some use less harmful products, the common denominator between waxes and sealants is that they both contain polymers and solvents, wither they are derived from PD’s is unique to each manufacturer

It really all comes down to the ‘look’ you want for your vehicle. For depth of shine, chroma (colour) and jetting (the so-called wet-look; then choose Carnauba wax. For a ‘mirror-like’ shine, high gloss and durability a polymer sealant would be your choice. Proper detailing relies on the correct preparation procedures and the correct methodology to obtain pristine results. Methodology and technique constitute 95%; the reasoning behind the choice of quality products is to eliminate any limiting factors, thus enabling you to place emphasis on technique used.

The use of a wax or polymer sealant can make a subtle yet significant difference to the overall ‘look’ of a car. This is very subjective and will depend on many personal preferences. This is because waxes and sealant layers have different physical properties (texture, density, opacity, etc) and thus reflect and refract light differently. Organic Carnauba waxes tend to produce a much softer, warmer, glossier finish, while inorganic (polymers and nanotechnology coatings) tend to produce a sharper, mirror type shine.

A polymer, nanotechnology, and a wax do essentially the same thing; they are all coatings that are applied to your car's paint to protect it from environmental damage. These products contain a mixture of ingredients that offer unique protection and gloss enhancing properties due to the way they reflect light.

· A Polymer sealant utilises an amino-functional silicone to provides better protection from heat radiation, has a melting point of 350.0F and ultra violet light (UV-B) photosynthesis (fading) as the polymers oxidize, providing a sacrificial coating. It also provides better durability than an organic wax and it exhibits high a very high light reflective value (LRV) similar to a bright mirror like shine that some say is sterile (subjective)

· An Acrylic polymer ( polyethylene-acrylic) are sulfonic acid-based so they hold up better to acidic pollutants (acid rain, bird excrement, and etc) there is no cross-linking capability with this technology, and they cannot be layered, however, they form an anchor with the paint by etching, which gives this type of polymer its durability and they are heat resistant up to 350.0F.

· Nanotechnology coating form a molecular bond with the paint surface and provide a limited ultra violet radiation (UV) sacrificial protection by oxidizing. They also provide better protection from ultra violet light than an organic wax. Nanotechnology coating provide a very similar look to a polymer, but far exceed them in durability, scratch resistance and hardness as well as heat resistance (450.0F)

· An Organic wax utilizes a solvent to soften and provide spread ability; it appears (subjective) to have a deeper more refined colour and vibrancy (subjective) as well as a depth and warmth, creating a shine that looks more natural. An organic wax provides limited resistance to acid attack from bird excrement, industrial fallout and alkaline minerals from sprinklers by acting as a sacrificial coating. Organic wax doesn’t contain any natural ultra violet radiation inhibitors and has a melting point of 180.0F. Organic wax doesn’t form a bond to the paint surface like a nano or polymer, but instead forms a hard shell. Without the sacrificial coating provided by a car wax, your vehicle's paint finish will quickly oxidize and deteriorate.

{Knowledge Management} - Treating experience as a shared asset. If this article was informative and you learned something new, or have any questions feel free to comment. We would love if you shared this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter or linked to it from your website or blog- Thanks