F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Intelligent stop / start

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Intelligent stop / start

Purchased a f pace . Where is the second battery located .

Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 AM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

Doesn't have a second battery. Uses a "Voltage Quality Module" instead. It's a sophisticated capacitor of sorts. Located in the RH "D" pillar.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intelligent stop / start

Originally Posted by xjrguy
Doesn't have a second battery. Uses a "Voltage Quality Module" instead. It's a sophisticated capacitor of sorts. Located in the RH "D" pillar.
. Where is RH "D" pillar and any removal instructions ? Thanks

Old 06-17-2016, 04:37 PM

Nope. No instructions.
"Capacitor of sorts" means there is more to it than that. Can't fly without it.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:01 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forum regooo,

I've moved your thread from General Tech Help to F-Pace forum.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 06-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default ECO - Start/Stop

Originally Posted by regooo
. Where is RH "D" pillar and any removal instructions ? Thanks
Why not have the dealer disable it. much easier.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

The dealer is not allowed to turn off the stop/start.

It can be turned off in the CCF (car configuration file) but this option is locked in the dealers software (software called SDD), it can be unlocked so the setting can be changed, but the dealer will say no, not possible.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:28 PM

Considering that it's about the most aggravating and exasperating idea that's come down the pike in a long time, any dealer that won't disable will probably lose the sale. It's one of those things that looks good on paper, but when one realizes that one's whole style of driving needs to change to accommodate this ridiculous bit of "golf cart" technology, It's not a good idea at all. Try escaping as someone is about to rear-end you. You'll never make it. By the way I'll return to the dealer who very easily and very quickly disabled it on my XJ, leaving me with the "yellow light" which I've covered with a bit of black tape. Chalk one up for freedom.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:38 PM

King, I can only suggest you maybe redirect your disgust in the right direction. Please realize all carmakers, not just Jaguar are 'embracing' this technology under regulatory duress. The green folks, the EU and the EPA just love the Stop/Start. It does have some impact on fuel economy, and that's good for CAFE ratings. Nowadays just about everything on a car is put there in response to some regulation.
It isn't yet, but I expect Stop/Start to be mandated at some point, and I really expect the ability to even temporarily turn off the system to be taken away from us.
Abolish the EPA!

Old 06-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

I hear what you're saying, I hate stop-start as much as the next guy.

In the earlier cars with a 2nd battery it's very easy, just disconnect the battery and it's gone, but the later cars with only one battery are all software controlled and you need access in the diagnostic system to change the setting, which is locked out.

There are a few ways of getting around this, but most dealers don't want to go "outside the system" well the ones I've spoken to anyhow.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

The fact the one cannot permanently disengage the start/stop is nonsense. At least the F-type would disengage the start/stop in sport mode. I too would like to "go outside the system" to permanently disengage this option in lieu of always having to manually turn it off after every engine start.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:28 AM

How about this idea for better fuel economy. Stop loading up the gasoline with Methanol. A gallon of pure gasoline will take you further than a gallon of ethanol-added fuel. In addition, the fuel/energy expended to plant, harvest, convert and ship the ethanol, far outweighs its usefulness as an additive

Old 08-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I have to admit that I hated this feature on my XJ, and now I get pissed at myself when the engine cuts off on my "F's", (note pace and type, nut F'n F's...lol), and forget to disengage the switch. I think that it is a rough start and never ever felt good tome on any of my Jags. On the Mrs. Maserati it is smooth as silk, and very much different.

It is the engineering of the eco switch that bothers me, however on balance this is the last of my problems......, and it is my fault for not getting into the habit of 100% of the time disengaging the switch. My bad, and it is what it is. LOVE MY JAGS without question, and it takes a lot more than this to get me to turn away from the engineering.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
How about this idea for better fuel economy. Stop loading up the gasoline with Methanol. A gallon of pure gasoline will take you further than a gallon of ethanol-added fuel. In addition, the fuel/energy expended to plant, harvest, convert and ship the ethanol, far outweighs its usefulness as an additive
Agree, but its probably all about the politics.
Lawrence

Old 08-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Default In "Lust" with the F-pace

Originally Posted by slojotaa
I have to admit that I hated this feature on my XJ, and now I get pissed at myself when the engine cuts off on my "F's", (note pace and type, nut F'n F's...lol), and forget to disengage the switch. I think that it is a rough start and never ever felt good tome on any of my Jags. On the Mrs. Maserati it is smooth as silk, and very much different.

It is the engineering of the eco switch that bothers me, however on balance this is the last of my problems......, and it is my fault for not getting into the habit of 100% of the time disengaging the switch. My bad, and it is what it is. LOVE MY JAGS without question, and it takes a lot more than this to get me to turn away from the engineering.
I envy you. I wanted to purchase one for my wife to replace an MKX she has, but so far - she says she's happy with what she has. Problem has been, inability to get one to test-drive. We're off to Florida next month and I'm sure I'll be able to drive a few when we're down there, either in Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale. To tell the truth, around the Charlotte area I haven't seen many of them, and when I have they were all "Black". Did you select the color or did they all come out "black"? Nothing wrong with black, mind you, just wanted to see what the F-pace looked like in some different clothes.

Maybe you can tell me a little something that you don't like about the F-Pace, thereby tempering my anticipation a bit. I envy you!

Good Luck
King Fala

Old 08-07-2016, 04:43 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=KingFala;1511190]I envy you. To tell the truth, around the Charlotte area I haven't seen many of them, and when I have they were all "Black". Did you select the color or did they all come out "black"?

I built it and chose Black.

Maybe you can tell me a little something that you don't like about the F-Pace, thereby tempering my anticipation a bit.

There really isn't anything I can pick on that I don't like at all. it is beating my expectations all of the way around. OK, let me pull something out of my head that I don't like on any car. Auto Start/Stop. It is annoying, but I can turn it off on the F-Pace when I start the engine. Problem is, I CONTINUE TO FOGET!!!! That is the only thing that I don't like, but can live with it.

I envy you!

Someday you will figure it out and get what you want. Like I tell others, don't agonize over the configurations. I decided to just "GO FOR IT", as my son said you continue to look for the good deal, and don't get exactly what you want. He was right, and I built the F-Type R, and also the F-Pace S. I have what I want, thus why I don't have anything "yet" that I don't like about this vehicle, and trying to help you out here, but don't want to make stuff up!

Good Luck to you, and in time....!

Old 08-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Default slojotaa

I was joking, of course. We split our time between N.C. and Florida and with about 15 dealers in Florida, I might find what I want on our next trip.

Luck to you

King Fala.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:05 AM
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

The whole stop\start thing is designed to save fuel and co2 and all that jazz but I'm looking at what it's eventually going to cost you a new starter.
The $26.48 you save not idling over a year won't exactly even out with parts and labour of eventually replacing it.
Besides its extremely annoying.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
The whole stop\start thing is designed to save fuel and co2 and all that jazz but I'm looking at what it's eventually going to cost you a new starter.
The $26.48 you save not idling over a year won't exactly even out with parts and labour of eventually replacing it.
Besides its extremely annoying.
I believe on the F-Type there is a separate starter/mechanism for this, dedicated to the start/stop. I am not positive, but "ASSUME" that the F-Pace is similar. This thread has gone on for a while on the other forum, and the conclusion was that the starter for the car itself is not bothered one bit due to the separation in starting mechanisms. How it works, not sure.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

regoo, see my new thread in the F-Pace forum on how to disengage the stop/start on the f-pace.