Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F-Type Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,265 Likes on 7,373 Posts
Default 2015 F-Type Coupe

Be the First to See the New 2015 F-TYPE Coupe.

(Nutz...should be 2015 in the header)

Lol changed it Jay

Thanks for the help...finger error...senior moment..etc...

Last edited by Jayt2; 11-06-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Yes, got the same e-mail last night from Jaguar. Truly looking forward to the Coupe as a potential replacement for my XJL. The vert is somewhat tempting but, the Coupe is what I could really get excited about, if done right. We shall see in a few days...

Albert

Old 11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

F Type R...

F Type RS...

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm waiting also. Just hope it has a bit more cargo area than the convertible to make it more practical.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jleuz1
I'm waiting also. Just hope it has a bit more cargo area than the convertible to make it more practical.
It's a true sports car. You don't buy a sports car and expect to have storage space.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Let's hope they keep the price down.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Let's hope they keep the price down.
From what I have read, I think the positioning strategy is the opposite of that. The F-Type FHC will be the higher performance choice - like the Cayman compared to the Boxster (but translated to near 911 levels). That means more $$$$ than the comparable convertible. Sorry - life ain't fair....

Old 11-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

The coupe will obviously have more space than the convertible, but that's sort of like being "The World's Tallest Midget"

As for performance, I've seen mention that they are only doing the R and RS series with the coupe and not the convertible (and got in trouble with Audi on the badging of the RS).

But I also saw that they are going to use the turbo 4-cyl that is in the Evoque, but with no mention if it was coupe only - but more about the release date of the coupe (next model year).

Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMike
From what I have read, I think the positioning strategy is the opposite of that. The F-Type FHC will be the higher performance choice - like the Cayman compared to the Boxster (but translated to near 911 levels). That means more $$$$ than the comparable convertible. Sorry - life ain't fair....
That would be a mistake if it holds true but maybe they don't want to sell many if that's the case. Jaguar obviously is not building this car to be it's volume leader product but instead be a niche product if that makes sense.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MarcusXFR
That would be a mistake if it holds true but maybe they don't want to sell many if that's the case. Jaguar obviously is not building this car to be it's volume leader product but instead be a niche product if that makes sense.
I do not want it to be the next volume leader. That means much lower resale value and seeing them all over the place will loose its style and wow factor.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by apexhunter
I do not want it to be the next volume leader. That means much lower resale value and seeing them all over the place will loose its style and wow factor.
Agreed...

Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zactly!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm not sure that keeping the price high and selling fewer cars will necessarily keep values strong. Jaguar has historically been a manufacturer that depreciates heavily and quickly. Of course the F Type is new and the Coupe has not arrived, so depreciation should not be a factor initially until there is some cooling down. Use the XK Coupe (2010+) as an example. They make way less Coupes to Convertibles and these cars will depreciate to 50% of msrp within 4 years. I know there are those that will say the XK is dated and needs a refresh anyway, but I still don't see many at all on the roads in Florida, while XK convertibles go by a few times a day. Unless the F Type becomes a supercar like the R8 I don't see it maintaining it's value that much longer than previous Jaguar models. Can it become another XKE??? Time will only tell. It's a gorgeous car, but I think even at convertible prices it is a little too pricey.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by bocatrip
I'm not sure that keeping the price high and selling fewer cars will necessarily keep values strong. Jaguar has historically been a manufacturer that depreciates heavily and quickly. Of course the F Type is new and the Coupe has not arrived, so depreciation should not be a factor initially until there is some cooling down. Use the XK Coupe (2010+) as an example. They make way less Coupes to Convertibles and these cars will depreciate to 50% of msrp within 4 years. I know there are those that will say the XK is dated and needs a refresh anyway, but I still don't see many at all on the roads in Florida, while XK convertibles go by a few times a day. Unless the F Type becomes a supercar like the R8 I don't see it maintaining it's value that much longer than previous Jaguar models. Can it become another XKE??? Time will only tell. It's a gorgeous car, but I think even at convertible prices it is a little too pricey.
They lose their value because of the horror stories of buying a used Jag. No one wants to trust a used Jag. It's sad because they truly are not that bad of a vehicle.

Jaguar is a luxury brand.

What will happen when the average guy in a Civic can buy a new Jaguar? They are not meant to be cheap or sell as many cars as a Scion, Toyota, Chevy, Ford etc. They lower the price of the car and it starts selling double, triple etc then the value will drop even worse and it will lose its luxury brand status.

I believe the F-Type can be the saving grace in all aspects Jaguar needs, but to lose what Jag is about would be more devastating in the long run.

Keep the price up, and keep the Jag a luxury brand!!!

Last edited by apexhunter; 11-14-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Speculating on what a cars resale value will be four years from now is like trying to predict the price of gold... lots of guess work based on previous assumptions.

*IF* anyone bought this as an investment, they clearly have more money than brains.

I think the Coupe is going to be legit and I am trading my F-vert in few months after they come out. My only hope is that they throw a HUD in there for good measure...

Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

I'm loving the glass ceiling/moon roof. It's what's missing in the XK/R.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by New2Jag
Speculating on what a cars resale value will be four years from now is like trying to predict the price of gold... lots of guess work based on previous assumptions.

*IF* anyone bought this as an investment, they clearly have more money than brains.

I think the Coupe is going to be legit and I am trading my F-vert in few months after they come out. My only hope is that they throw a HUD in there for good measure...

Of course a car is NOT an investment, however you don't want it to be worth nothing in 4 years either.

I have to agree about the HUD. It was the only thing missing in my opinion.