F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
It looks like Jaguar is copying the Porsche model for options as everything that was in a package in my 2016 is now an option, purchased separately. Strangely, when I add up what I would buy, the car costs less than my 2016!
Doesn't matter, I really do not like any of the colors for 2018. Maybe BRG. But if I am in the market again it would be for 2019, off the lot or 2020 order.

Larry
Prices do appear to be a little less when comparing apples to apples.

Most of the colors are the same, except they now have the Land Rover names. Firesand and are IRR gone unfortunately. The 400 and SVR are very limited on color choices. I am surprised they don't do either in BRG. That would be my first choice for the SVR.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
I've been without a Jaguar for a bit over 8 months now but I find myself looking at them everyday, I really want the F-Type but I'm holding out in hopes that they give it the rumored Ingenium I6(has anyone heard anything recently?). At least the build and price for the 2018 is finally up in the US, I know I'd be perfectly content with the supercharged V6 and the stick, but I'd like the I6 to go along with my dad's '65 E-Type roadster.
I suspect an MT will only be available with the I4 engine.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:14 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
As of now it's only available with the 8-speed, so I do hope you're wrong, like I said though I'd be more than happy with the now R-Dynamic and the stick.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
MT is available on the 2018 V6 (340 and 380) only. Not available on I4, V6 400 HP, or V8. Not available with any AWD.

Last edited by JackMac; 06-16-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JackMac
MT is available on the 2018 V6 (340 and 380) only. Not available on I4, V6 400 HP, or V8. Not available with any AWD.
My logic was that they probably wont offer an MT on the I6 when it comes out. It will take some time to match a new tranny to the I4, or they might abandon the MT entirely when the I6 is introduced.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/the-new-4-cylinder-jaguar-f-type-got-me-excited-for-about-a-minute-266930

This article suggests that the base 6cyl will be phased out for the 4. 4 way too spendy. Good read. And no manual, so there go miata guys.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:34 AM
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Jaguar announced that the 340 V6 is being phased out of the F-Pace (35t) and replaced with the 4 cyl (30t) mid-2018. Sadly, the F-type may follow the same fate for reasons explained in the article.

Manual transmission is still available in the 380 V6S cars.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:19 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,067 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Don't think I've seen a date as to when the 3.0 V6 and 5.0 V8 will be replaced by Ingenium, etc. Presumably, Jag's license to build these engines expires in the near future.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Just had a chance to have a close look at a regular F-type and an R-Dynamic. It appears the front bumper is identical, but the grills that cover the side vents on the latter stick out and make the vent look bigger.

Both look a bit rubbish imo, but it suggests buyers could swap from one to the other depending on taste...

Old 07-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Gotta say I'm totally shocked/impressed with Jaguar's turnaround/build time on my 2018 F-type Dynamic Manual. I placed the order June 1st. My dealer gave me the VIN so I can now see that the car is built, registered at the port, and scheduled to leave for the voyage to Halifax on July 10. The car should arrive in Halifax on July 17th and make its way to Toronto thereafter.

My last F-type took 5.5 months to arrive -- this one appears to be on track to arrive within 2 or 2.5. Quite frankly, it can't arrive soon enough!

Old 07-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IRRBrogue
It looks like Italian Racing Red is gone for 2018, on the UK site.
No just changed the name same colour but the name now fits in with land rover

Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't care for the bumper cover because of the large vents on either side of the grille. Love the shark gills. I'd go as far as changing out the bumper cover for previous years.

No more Salsa. No more Firesand. No more Saddle or Brogue but something inbetween. No more Tornado. Wheel choice not as wide. That seat belt strap looks cheap now. The previous years looks like something off of quality luggage (a major selling point for me). Sport seats look better and Performance Seats look cheaper. I never cared for quilted seats. They are busy and look like a mattress. Never understood carbon fiber as accent pieces. Active exhaust button is now a $200 option on some cars so beware when ordering. Some things are standard and others are optional. Not very happy with the changes.

Just my opinions. Apologies in advance for any offense.

Last edited by Jagged Wire; 08-03-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: content
Old 08-04-2017, 04:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
I don't care for the bumper cover because of the large vents on either side of the grille. Love the shark gills. I'd go as far as changing out the bumper cover for previous years.

No more Salsa. No more Firesand. No more Saddle or Brogue but something inbetween. No more Tornado. Wheel choice not as wide. That seat belt strap looks cheap now. The previous years looks like something off of quality luggage (a major selling point for me). Sport seats look better and Performance Seats look cheaper. I never cared for quilted seats. They are busy and look like a mattress. Never understood carbon fiber as accent pieces. Active exhaust button is now a $200 option on some cars so beware when ordering. Some things are standard and others are optional. Not very happy with the changes.

Just my opinions. Apologies in advance for any offense.
It is not unusual for the first 3 or 4 years of a production model to be the truest to concept. I believe the '14-'17 model year F-Types will be the most sought after by the purists. Similarly, the first gen new MINIs ('02-'06) are the best of the line. They have since become fat, huge and ugly to appeal to the mass market.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Jagged Wire (08-23-2017), Lapeninsula (09-16-2017), RickyJay52 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 09:22 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Agreed. There are few styling changes from the '14 that I care for - other than the coupe, of course.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
Jagged Wire (08-23-2017), RickyJay52 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

I am on day 2 of ownership of a 2018 F-type R-Dynamic MT. Having come from a 2016 base F-type MT, here are my first impressions:

I'm sure I'll find more to report on .... but so far so good.

*edit* might as well add more pics -- taken in various locations/lighting**

Attached Thumbnails 2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-fullsizerender_1.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-fullsizerender.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5163.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5164.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5178.jpg  

2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5183.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5167.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5168.jpg   2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion-img_5175.jpg  

Last edited by bb_sam; 08-23-2017 at 09:08 PM.
                      The following 3 users liked this post by bb_sam:
                      DJS (08-24-2017), Mbourne (08-24-2017), slojotaa (08-24-2017)
                      Old 08-23-2017, 07:48 PM
                      Veteran Member
                      Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
                      I am on day 2 of ownership of a 2018 F-type R-Dynamic MT. Having come from a 2016 base F-type MT, here are my first impressions:

Pics or it didn't happen..right?
                                          Never mind, I found your pics on the PICS thread

Last edited by ndabunka; 08-23-2017 at 07:51 PM.
                                          Old 08-24-2017, 04:31 AM
                                          Veteran Member
                                          Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I wonder what they did differently to the infotainment system and the stereo? They are still having troubles getting this right on 17's back on all vehicles including RR, yet they have the answer on the 18's (fingers crossed for you of course). Do you know if they changed to the latest technology software, and got away from the "aged" that they rolled the dice on and couldn't get right? or should I say perfected. Sounds like a complete redo, and interested in what they did? Thanks again for the thorough post!

Old 08-24-2017, 08:50 AM
                                          DJS
                                          Veteran Member

• I noticed that the small storage/cubby in the upper area of the centre console/arm rest area is now gone -- in its place is a net/mesh material to store papers. I used to put extra water bottles in that space but it's gone.
                                          The lockable cubby was an option for MY14 - for me, it was part of the premium pack. Might still be the case.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:02 PM
                                          Veteran Member
                                          Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

*edit* might as well add more pics -- taken in various locations/lighting**
                                          Where do I send the bill? LOL

How much was it out the door (or pre tax, whatever)?

I didn't think I would swap out... as I came from 20 years of one daily driver. I've the 2016 base MT, and am at 30,000 miles.

For fun I might do the math on an identical BRG tan top custom cost vs how much my paid off one would be worth on the market. I would love to get some other guy into one of these. There are SO MANY people waiting for these to be sold used.... I'm doing my part! LOL

I doubt I would, but prior to having a child is the time to upgrade...

But I'm 41 so maybe I should just stick with cars and dogs as the kids.

Edit.... $45,556 to sell current 2016 base to a private seller,
                                          $99K+ for the new build.

I was absolutely shocked at how many different things are additional cost a la carte. But the building tool works far better than a few years ago.

I guess they had to remove some of the packages, because the complexity of the features would conflict with other standalone options, etc...

But interesting they charge for folding mirrors, etc. Maybe I didn't pay attention just how much was included in both climate or vision/safety packages. Like... I didn't have to spend $250 on a windscreen for my convertible. That shouldn't be an option, at all?

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 08-24-2017 at 05:18 PM.
                                          Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
                                          Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so are they doing a new V8 R coupe???? has anyone heard anything?

Quick Reply: 2018MY updated F-Type? - Spy shots, discussion