Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambiente Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ambiente Light

Hello,

i just got my new F-Type 2018 Coupe. After a while i took a deeper look in what i payed for and i discovered that i just throw 300€ out of the window for the ability to change the color of 3 lights in the car called ambiente light mode.
WTF! its not changing the color of the paddle light or the door light, its just change the light of door opener and right to the passenger handle.

This is really pain in the as and i would recomennd for every on, not to buy that ****.

Do you have any ideas how i could at least change the light colour at my paddles? is there any mod?

thx in advance...

Dom

Old 10-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Dom,
I was disappointed as well when I noticed the limited number of lights that changed when adjusting the ambient lights. I don't want 1/3 the lights blue, 1/3 red and the other 1/3 white...
Ended up setting them to blue to match most of the others in the cabin so there would be one color. Changing to dynamic mode changes some to red, but not all, and the ambient lighting setting cant fix it either.
You can tear the interior apart and change the bulbs to a different color, but that is a lot of work for some of the bulbs, and I don't know if Jaguar has special bulbs in the interior that can't be replicated with aftermarket bulbs. I have changed some bulbs to experiment with different colors (footwell), but it is hard to match them all.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom Here
Hello,

i just got my new F-Type 2018 Coupe. After a while i took a deeper look in what i payed for and i discovered that i just throw 300€ out of the window for the ability to change the color of 3 lights in the car called ambiente light mode.
WTF! its not changing the color of the paddle light or the door light, its just change the light of door opener and right to the passenger handle.

This is really pain in the as and i would recomennd for every on, not to buy that ****.

Do you have any ideas how i could at least change the light colour at my paddles? is there any mod?

thx in advance...

Dom
you could swap for the silver paddles, which do not have lights

Old 10-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

You have to admit the F-Type in endlessly surprising. But after a while you get used to the surprises and say of course not. I wish someone could explain the philosophy / business plan / conditions that generates surprises like yours.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,288 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
You have to admit the F-Type in endlessly surprising. But after a while you get used to the surprises and say of course not. I wish someone could explain the philosophy / business plan / conditions that generates surprises like yours.
well, the paddle lights are arguably part of the instrumentation cluster, not the ambience; the door lights, similarly, are not part of the interior ambience -they are intended to illuminate, not set a mood.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:17 AM

I have the silver sports paddles but they have nothing to do with the Light bulbs used...
Well i guess i need to acceppt this fact. But i will definetly call my dealer and tell him about my disappointment...

Old 10-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom Here
I have the silver sports paddles but they have nothing to do with the Light bulbs used.
The OEM metal silver paddles lack the LEDs and just have the +/- cut out of the aluminium.
The plastic ones are just the normal ones with the white LED.
I think Greggbhill meant to swap for the metal ones if you want to get rid of the lights entirely.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by xdave
The OEM metal silver paddles lack the LEDs and just have the +/- cut out of the aluminium.
The plastic ones are just the normal ones with the white LED.
I think Greggbhill meant to swap for the metal ones if you want to get rid of the lights entirely.

Ok, now i understand. Becasue i dont want to get rid of the light at all, this is no option for me. but thanks