F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enabling Configurable Dynamics "Dynamic-i" and other features

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 05:12 PM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Cambo

On the side of ECU mapping, have you tried the Project 8 600PS map yet or do you have it?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:14 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I just bought this, just waiting fro it to arrive now then I can test it out

Jaguar/LandRover SDD V130, V138 & V139 on Dell E6230 laptop + Cable

Old 02-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Now I got so much snap crackle and pops about going and seeing Cambo and FrickenFast that this morning I went out and bought some rice crispy cereal.

It's more than it ever had pre K309b

Old 02-25-2018, 11:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Cambo

On the side of ECU mapping, have you tried the Project 8 600PS map yet or do you have it?
have you diff'd it with the Project 7, SVR , R maps ?

Old 03-20-2018, 05:50 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Cambo
Haven't really pursued it to be honest. JLR locked down the SVR and Project 7 tunes so they could not be flashed using SDD, and there are already 600hp tunes available from various sources for the Bosch ECU cars.

Originally Posted by 4x4uk
I just bought this, just waiting fro it to arrive now then I can test it out Jaguar/LandRover SDD V130, V138 & V139 on Dell E6230 laptop + Cable
I wouldn't plug that in to my car. And in any case V139 is of no use to you with a 2016 F-Type, car is too new / SDD too old.

Originally Posted by CSXWW
Now I got so much snap crackle and pops about going and seeing Cambo and FrickenFast that this morning I went out and bought some rice crispy cereal.

It's more than it ever had pre K309b
Still enjoying it mate?

OK so in other news, we've been able to activate the InControl Apps and Dynamic-i in a 2017MY V6S.

The following users liked this post:
DesignConfig (10-05-2020)
Old 03-20-2018, 06:17 AM
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Here is a crazy questions, is it possible to enable dynamic screen when say in normal mode or even wet mode?

Why you ask!

Well in the wet, I use wet mode as it splits the AWD to a 50/50 lock, so car is a lot more sure footed, but I'd love to have dynamic steering, dynamic gears in this mode as the regular steering is very light.

In a perfect world my modes would be:
Wet: AWD 50/50 (wet mode), throttle normal, suspension normal, steering dynamic, gearbox dynamic:
Dynamic: AWD 10/90 (as per dynamic), throttle normal, suspension normal or dynamic, steering dynamic and gearbox dynamic. Of course this is possible now as in dynamic mode you can adjust.

Be nice if you could still fine tune aspects of the car in wet and normal too as on AWD cars the mode switch impacts the AWD power split which is very handy for wet conditions, only downside is wet throttle map is very long and wet steering very light.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cambo i have a little question for you.

I have a 2018 Jaguar F-Type 2.0l, do you think it's possible to enable :
- Dynamic-i
- AppControl ?

Is it true that the new 2018 F Type are using the latest Flexray communication bus that is different from before ?

Thank you

Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jon Lamb
Does anyone know of a company in the U.K. that could do this upgrade to configurable dynamics?
Or can anyone supply any sort of kit of s/w and interface parts?
-Jon
+1

Old 03-20-2018, 07:23 AM

Here is a crazy questions, is it possible to enable dynamic screen when say in normal mode or even wet mode?
No, that's something way down deep in the software, the only ones who could do that would be Jaguar themselves.

Originally Posted by amouch
Cambo i have a little question for you.

I have a 2018 Jaguar F-Type 2.0l, do you think it's possible to enable :
- Dynamic-i
- AppControl ?

Is it true that the new 2018 F Type are using the latest Flexray communication bus that is different from before ?

Thank you
It's correct, the 2018 F-Type is using Flexray, and further to this, only the new Pathfinder DOIP diagnostic tool can work with the 2018 models. The existing SDD diagnostic tool cannot do anything with it.

I have a genuine Pathfinder DOIP...

But...

There is no CCF editing function in the Pathfinder software, and from what I've been told, no plans to add it. I know some guys who are working on a customised software in order to make CCF changes possible, but it's a long way off yet...

So while it may be possible in the future, for the time being there are no modifications possible on a 2018MY F-Type

Last edited by Cambo; 03-20-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

Ha! I recognize those pics off of Instagram. Are you affiliated with oldjaguarlive?

Old 03-21-2018, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cambo
My first post also so can't send you a private message.

Next time you are collecting bits for a 770w upgrade please include me. Happy to put money into your account.
I also have single zone air and am without configurable dynamics in my 2014 s.

You're doing amazing stuff!

Old 03-21-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by XJ8JR
Ha! I recognize those pics off of Instagram. Are you affiliated with oldjaguarlive?
Maybe.... LOL

Yeah, there's a few of us that post to that account.

Originally Posted by meharijames
Cambo
My first post also so can't send you a private message.

Next time you are collecting bits for a 770w upgrade please include me. Happy to put money into your account.
I also have single zone air and am without configurable dynamics in my 2014 s.

You're doing amazing stuff!
Thanks mate and welcome to the forum, you're in Sydney yeah? I'll send you a message.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:46 PM

After much head scratching, cross checking, de-coding and a little stroke of luck, we were finally able to figure out the Dual-Zone vs. Single-Zone climate mystery.

Long story short JLR made a mistake in the car configuration file.

But now it's possible to enable the Dual-Zone climate in any F-Type up to 2017MY.

Enabling Configurable Dynamics "Dynamic-i" and other features-dual-zone.png

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
DesignConfig (10-05-2020), John-Handy (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:36 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
After much head scratching, cross checking, de-coding and a little stroke of luck, we were finally able to figure out the Dual-Zone vs. Single-Zone climate mystery.

Long story short JLR made a mistake in the car configuration file.

But now it's possible to enable the Dual-Zone climate in any F-Type up to 2017MY.

Attachment 213068
Top work mate well done!

Old 05-18-2020, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cambo
Yes the Adaptive Dynamics is only software, no additional hardware.

Just about any feature or option can be enabled or retrofitted, or disabled or removed. And some that never existed on that model at all too...

Short list of what's been done so far;

Upgrade the 380W Meridian to 770W Meridian Surround
Add DAB/DAB+ digital radio or SDARS/Sirius satellite radio
Enable the Adaptive Dynamics
Remove the speed limiter completely
Change emissions settings so you can run other catalysts without errors/codes
Disable the hazards flashing under heavy braking
Enable the off-road navigation feature in the Nav (Land Rover maps with compass & route tracking)
Enable navigation entry on the move (it's locked in some markets)
Enable the TV/DVD/USB video in motion
Enable the Ambient Lighting
Retrofit reverse camera (but I think all F-Types have the camera now)
Disable the speed warning on Gulf market cars.

Plus there's many more things that are possible, for example the TV has been retrofitted into an Evoque which has the same infotainment system as the F-Type.
I have looked everywhere, but still puzzled with how to enable "Video in Motion" via SDD coding. I am able edit/change all parameters in CCF file using SDD, so I changed VIDEO_DISPLAY_INHIBIT to Undefined (seems like a logic choice out of available selections). But still got a message that video will resume once the car is stopped during DVD playback. This VIDEO_DISPLAY_INHIBIT has two other possible values: controlled by application...(twas in the original car configuration) and video not allowed. I tested that when VIDEO_DISPLAY_INHIBIT is changed to video not allowed, DVD won't play at all even if the car is stationary, so the coding part appears to be working. I suppose something else needs to be tweaked, but what exactly? Any ideas/suggestions from experience?

Old 05-19-2020, 05:43 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by meharijames
Cambo

+1

Old 02-27-2022, 05:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, yesterday I'm trying to enable configurable dynamics for my MY16 XE-S with adaptative suspension and ICT radio. I have SDD, OEM jlr cable, valid user and SEED token. I have changed the CCF file and when I select to check the options available I only have x250 model, instead of x760. Can anyone help me, I think user Combo can support. Cheers

Old 11-21-2022, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
In answer to the last couple of questions:
It probably can't be activated on a Base model (which doesn't have Active Suspension), but I don't think anyone has tried to do it on a Base to check for sure.
It can only be done using the JLR-specific SDD system and software which must be installed on a stand-alone laptop running (I think!) Windows XP, ie it won't work with Windows 7 or 10 (Cambo can confirm), you need a genuine Mongoose cable (not a Chinese knock-off Mangoose cable), you may need to enable "Engineering Mode", it may insist you connect to / log in to the JLR website for authorised users only, for most things you need to have a minimum 15 amp power source connected to the battery, and you need a fair bit of knowledge to figure out what to do and how to do it, trial and error carries a huge risk of bricking your ECU.
In summary, all this gear costs quite a lot and it's not for the faint hearted, Cambo can explain in more detail.
I would appreciate if you could give me your thoughts on whether is it possible to activate ambient lights feature on 2016 base V6 ( with 2.1 gen infotainment and meridian sourrand if it is relevant). Thank you

Old 11-21-2022, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry2022
I would appreciate if you could give me your thoughts on whether is it possible to activate ambient lights feature on 2016 base V6 ( with 2.1 gen infotainment and meridian sourrand if it is relevant). Thank you
Per post # 13 in this thread Cambo states that ambient lighting can be activated.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Enabling Configurable Dynamics "Dynamic-i" and other features